QPR Post Match

Only problem QPR did zero things that couldnt have been seen before the game. I am not a fucking manager, tactical genius, exypert but saw a few QPR games recently on TV and saw a few things we might have to watch out for and cause us lots of trouble. Their counters, their strikers workrate, easy things like that.

And then we go into the game and are surprised they work their ass off, counter well.
We knew we wont face a team that will just sit back, park the bus, let us have 70% possession etc. Yet it looked like we were surprised it wasnt like that.

I dont what kind of preparation our players get in the 3-4 days before the game. Same could have been said about WHU, both CSKA games etc.

Its like there is a plan they hear in tranings but at the matches complete different scenarios happen and than panick sets in and there we go...
But hardly any scenario happened vs CSKA, o QPR that couldnt have been seen by actually watching a few games or theirs this season. I am sure they did watch or their manager did watch a few City games to look for our strengths and try to lower that side of ours and look for our weaknesses and try to hurt us more there like with counters...

It wasn't all bad yesterday.

Apart from Sergio's goals did anyone else witness the miracle on the back row of our end just after the final whistle.

A disabled guy with two crutches was suddenly hopping about doing the Ali shuffle trying to start a fight. I know we have Jesus in the team but I didn't expect this!

The argument started over a guy trying to take down a City flag!

Paulmcfc2703 said:
waspish said:
dobobobo said:
QPR 17 and City 23

So Similar to villa away last season!

11 games in only supporters are panicking because of chelsea form and they look like they are unstoppable, let's see where we are in another 11 games then start to moan if we still looking "Rusty"
And the fact we were humbled at home against the newcastle reserves in the league cup,

And that we have been utter wank in the champions league,

And it doesn't matter who we play we look likely to concede.

And we have barely played well for a combined 90 minutes all season.
Well there's a positive we' ve got a shed load of pints playing utter wank- not bad eh?
This City - they always do it the hard way that's we love it !

Paulmcfc2703 said:
waspish said:
dobobobo said:
QPR 17 and City 23

So Similar to villa away last season!

11 games in only supporters are panicking because of chelsea form and they look like they are unstoppable, let's see where we are in another 11 games then start to moan if we still looking "Rusty"
And the fact we were humbled at home against the newcastle reserves in the league cup,

And that we have been utter wank in the champions league,

And it doesn't matter who we play we look likely to concede.

And we have barely played well for a combined 90 minutes all season.

Agree, to early to Flapp I'll be flapping if we don't look getting top 3, you can't win the league every season!

I know I'm in a minority of one, but I've woken up feeling quite pleased with last night. No Silva, kompany or Zaba and came back twice which shows guts and fight. The conditions levelled things out and I thought mangalas defending was excellent on the whole - which is what he was bought for. Take hazard, Terry and ivanovic out of Chelsea team and they'd struggle more. Aguero is fit and on fire. Plus, pellers played the formation everyone has been screaming about so why he's getting stick for last night I don't know. My mate works in the medical dept at city and Milner and Zaba had knocks so weren't 100% hens why navas and sagna played. Two weeks for Silva and komps to recover now. It'll all come down to last 5 games. It nearly always does so no panic yet. And still wonderful stuff going on behind the scenes eg millions and millions being pumped into youth development. Rome wasn't built in a day so chill the fuck out people. 2 titles in 3 years and two cups in four years. Champions league? Who gives a fuck. Break away tournament within 5-10 years anyway

No team can have four or five players having a stinker and expect to win but that has been the case for us all season so far. Our two so called ball winning midfield players are too lightweight and at the moment couldn't tackle sleep. As a result we are being overun and the defence exposed. Clichy has totally gone Zabba is off form and Mangala looks worse than Richards at the moment. People may laugh but Garcia was better in both defence and midfield than his replacements. Worrying times as we need five top players but FFP means we can't buy them.

Another abject display thank god we've got Serge in outstanding form without him we'd be barely mid table more basic defensive mistakes from the same old faces it's time Pell snapped out of his blinkered approach to selecting some players they're lazy, complacent and incompetent. I know the new acquisitions to the squad need time to get up to speed but jesus how long do we wait ! Mangala and Fernando getting dispossessed and by-passed far too easily for me, too many players squandering possession through poor ball control,headless chicken attacking and then not tracking back, too many players just hiding from the hard graft required I'm sick of defending some players in this team getting to look like a serious overhauling of the squad is needed when the opportunity arises.

mosssideblue said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
i really cant be arsed reading all the negative shite on this thread , today we played an in from QPR side who chelsea really struggled to beat at home and had to rely on a dodgy penalty to beat them
These are the facts
We showed fight and commitment and if some of our so called supporters showed similiar commitment and got behind the team , instead of stabbing them in the back at every opportunity with there whining , moaning , whinging posts on here , our club might just make a fist of defending our title. The point we gained today just might win us the title .

This all day long. Too many spoilt brats on here who can only revert to whinging when things are not going to well.

I second this. Some if the negativity here is over the board. We are in slump here but we'll overcome. Yesterday we lacked the necessary creativity. We really miss Silva.

Btw, I hope we all saw how well Toure playing up the field worked!!!

I accept we are not playing well but some posters need to give their heads a wobble

We are Third not Third from bottom We have had some bad luck from injuries and we may have suffered from over rotation of the side because of the Chumps league

We have also suffered from a world cup hangover and the manager has had a problem when our only fit left back looks like he has forgotten how to play football

Worst case scenario is Chelsea win the league but we will come again when FFP restrictions are eased against us I think we will easily finish top three even with a poorish start

wattle said:
I know I'm in a minority of one, but I've woken up feeling quite pleased with last night. No Silva, kompany or Zaba and came back twice which shows guts and fight. The conditions levelled things out and I thought mangalas defending was excellent on the whole - which is what he was bought for. Take hazard, Terry and ivanovic out of Chelsea team and they'd struggle more. Aguero is fit and on fire. Plus, pellers played the formation everyone has been screaming about so why he's getting stick for last night I don't know. My mate works in the medical dept at city and Milner and Zaba had knocks so weren't 100% hens why navas and sagna played. Two weeks for Silva and komps to recover now. It'll all come down to last 5 games. It nearly always does so no panic yet. And still wonderful stuff going on behind the scenes eg millions and millions being pumped into youth development. Rome wasn't built in a day so chill the fuck out people. 2 titles in 3 years and two cups in four years. Champions league? Who gives a fuck. Break away tournament within 5-10 years anyway

Thanks for this post, I didn't think it was too bad a display either. Yes, there were mistakes but hearing Zaba wasn't fit and Milner was doubtful too certainly explains why they didn't start, even though most of us would have picked them for a game like this away from home and in site weather.

The formation looked better, but still cannot understand why he tried to force the result so early in the second half and put on Dzeko for Fernandinho. If Navas or Nasri had been subbed for Dzeko then I could have understood this move. But our possession in the second half until then was 65% or something similar. After the formation changed and Yaya was supposed to drop back in midfield we lost control of the game again. Ther are managers around who would have been more patient than this and gone safety first, keep control of the game and wear down the opposition, it might not be as pretty but when confidence is low, and conditions dictate then getting the result yesterday was more important for the team and manager than playing with two strikers again. For me if Yaya was subbed then Lampard is his obvious replacement, either straight swap or bring Lampard on to support Ageuro.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.