QPR vs City: Post match discussion [Merged]

Poor Midfield display today.

It was the worst I have seen this season luckly we done just enough to get the win today. The passing in that first half was shit by all. Barry and Yaya were shocking in there the 2 of them cant play together in a midfield against players who are willing to put it to us. Barrys passing was shit Yaya came into the game second half but first half was poor. Aguero hardly touched the ball in the first half of the game. Silva they were all over the place.

Even second half we gave Faurlin way too much time on the ball and he looks a very good player as a holding player with time on the ball to pass the ball I can see him move onto a bigger club IF QPR goes down this season. Him and Barton put it up to our team today. At times like today De Jong is vital in that midfield he would of imposed himself onto the game big time. Adam Johnson really needs to sort himself out big time. Milner just cant do the role on the midfield as good as he does it in the central area. It was too tight in there and at times lacked a different approach.

Still 3 points going into the 2 week break need to have a close look at this coming into the next few games.

Re: Poor Midfield display today.

I said Yaya had a quiet game in the match thread. Three minutes later BOOM, shut me up.

Seriously though he was quiet but has that class, remember he played hard on Wednesday though as did all the team.

Marvin said:
I find myself totally disagreeing with most of you. It was a great win, and why criticise the back 4 when it was the weak midfield play which led the back 4 to being exposed.

QPR is a small ground. It's very difficult to stop the ball coming into your penalty area. Only way to do it is to keep the ball. And I hope the Kolarov critics learned a lesson today. What a cross! Mind you they have had plenty of lessons so far thiks season and failed to learn anything so too much to hope that today will be any different
As usual you speak lots of sense.
Great 3pts tonight,didn`t play at our destroying best but its 3pts.
These sort of games are as pleasing to me as the 1-6 ..
im looking at the big picture..
Well done City

The funny thing is the so called 'experts' will use this to have a pop at us even though we won, but, when chelsea got BEAT there the experts couldn't sing '9 men heroic chelsea' praises high enough !

Anyway, enough of talking about everyone else, well done lads for a gritty performance and coming away with what we needed.

Re: Poor Midfield display today.

Do you not think that QPR negated our Midfield by using the long ball from back to front and their forwards held the Ball up well ?

It was also a small, tight pitch and when we did have possesion QPR worked very hard at going deep and letting the City Defenders knock it around amongst themselves in areas that didn't matter.

Good tactics tonight from Warnock.

Hats off to QPR, they played really well. Case can be made that they deserved more then a loss. But City has a World class team and we can beat anyone even if we play badly. Phew, feels good to win!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.