QPR vs City: Post match discussion [Merged]

Ntini77 said:
I'm sorry but Savic had anything but a "solid game". He was lucky not to give away a pen; beaten in the air on almost every occasion and was at fault for both their goals.

Sorry, mate, but you are wrong. He got the ball on the "penalty" you are discussing (is that what was "lucky"?!), he was NOT the defender BEHIND Bothroyd (that was Lescott) and he was fouled on the cross (but who cares?!) and are you saying that because he was defending at the near post and played Helguson onside that he was "at fault"?!

If that had been ANYONE making a league debut, in that game, under those circumstances, I would have said they did a solid job. He is a young player being bloodied. He won plenty of challenges and covered up well at the back. He is good on the ground and looks like a LONG TERM QUALITY PLAYER, in the mold of Kompany, but with better distribution (Yes, VK's forward distribution is the weal part of his otherwise good game).

Never claimed his debut was a world beater, but for a debut, under those circumstances (mortars being lobbed in all game and the full backs being overrun with alarming regularity) he had a SOLID game.

Three point, three points, three points that's all that mattered today.
It was a good game to get out of the way, tight ground, captain and rock at the back suspended and they won their league last season. The goal diffence doesn't even matter today because we've got a +29 GD. Happy Days.

very pleased we could come away with 3pts there

great effort by the super hoops

i believe kompany's absence was obvious, and i'll agree with the other saying richards was poor, but when we have magicians like kun, silva, jecko and yaya we're always in with a chance

great stuff CITY!!

Ntini77 said:
ChicagoBlue said:
Savic had a good solid game, ESPECIALLY for a Premier League debut in a tight game!

Helguson uses his "Shearer" technique of get up early and ride the defender, which is VERY hard to deal with. Additionally, we play this BS "zonal marking" from dead balls, which gives the ATTACKER a running start on our standing jump defenders, which is a GREAT advantage to the attacker. Fix THAT and we MIGHT look a tad tidier from dead balls.

Oh, and could we practice ONE THROW-IN........PLEASE?!!

M.O.M. = James Milner!

I'm sorry but Savic had anything but a "solid game". He was lucky not to give away a pen; beaten in the air on almost every occasion and was at fault for both their goals.

What I can remember, Richards was challenging for both headers and came up very short.

Pleased that we dug deep & got the 3 points. With the games coming thick & fast we will have some difficult games. We have developed a winning mentality.

WestGorton said:
YaYa - Is the main man . Feared by the opposition. A man mountain. Dzeko had his best game for City too.

Well you forget the Tottenham game perhaps. But it's interesting how he's always the one to get dissed and blamed. Anyways, horrific first touch by Džeko and classy Balo with a cheeky attempt from the center of the pitch...

Milner - mister consistency
Silva - Merlin or Gandalf or whatever just a joy to watch
Yaya - turning up with important goals just like last season

Aguero - wasn't all that bad, his head was in the match just a bit unlucky

Micah, Savić, AJ with poor performances.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Michael Corleone said:
100% THIS.

After each game, their are several topics to discuss. You can't talk about them all in one fuck off thread.

In fairness I don't mind most of the mods. But It's just the ones that think they are somebodies because they moderate a fucking internet forum. Get over yourself.
Which part of post match discussion don't you understand ?

The part were I spend 10+ mins creating a thread so everyone can rate the players with a simple description. Only to get it merged into a giant thread where there is no discussion because there are so many separate topics on the pretense of saving bandwidth and space which could be done by deleting pointless threads from 2007 etc.

ChicagoBlue said:
Ntini77 said:

Sorry, mate, but you are wrong. He got the ball on the "penalty" you are discussing (is that what was "lucky"?!), he was NOT the defender BEHIND Bothroyd (that was Lescott) and he was fouled on the cross (but who cares?!) and are you saying that because he was defending at the near post and played Helguson onside that he was "at fault"?!

If that had been ANYONE making a league debut, in that game, under those circumstances, I would have said they did a solid job. He is a young player being bloodied. He won plenty of challenges and covered up well at the back. He is good on the ground and looks like a LONG TERM QUALITY PLAYER, in the mold of Kompany, but with better distribution (Yes, VK's forward distribution is the weal part of his otherwise good game).

Never claimed his debut was a world beater, but for a debut, under those circumstances (mortars being lobbed in all game and the full backs being overrun with alarming regularity) he had a SOLID game.

We'll have to agree to disagree then.

I agree, though, that he certainly has the tools to one day be a top centre half.

For me, Micah's performance was more concerning. I'm not sure what position he was playing, but it certainly wasn't right back!

Josko_Domorocki said:
WestGorton said:
YaYa - Is the main man . Feared by the opposition. A man mountain. Dzeko had his best game for City too.

Well you forget the Tottenham game perhaps. But it's interesting how he's always the one to get dissed and blamed. Anyways, horrific first touch by Džeko and classy Balo with a cheeky attempt from the center of the pitch...

Milner - mister consistency
Silva - Merlin or Gandalf or whatever just a joy to watch
Yaya - turning up with important goals just like last season

Aguero - wasn't all that bad, his head was in the match just a bit unlucky

Micah, Savić, AJ with poor performances.
Dzeko worked for the team. Tottenham was fantastic but an unusual situation. Edin was back defending and leading the attack at the same time. A top player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.