QPR vs City: Post match discussion [Merged]

Phew! Nerves shattered and throat sore from shouting. What a game!

Interesting to hear Dzeko say in his post-match interview that he was surprised how QPR came at us, or words to that effect. Surprised? It's what most of us were expecting, isn't it? Is there no pre-match information to our lads about what to expect from the opposition? Or is this a way of increasing our self-confidence, that we just focus on our own game?

Scored 3 away from home, won, still un beaten, never played great in this game,WON AGAIN, not a bad habit to get into. A huge result toaday.

Re: QPR,our hardest game so far..

Dirty Harry said:
TTTCITYBHOY said:
Dirty Harry said:
Also the best they'll probably play this season, everytime I've watched them up until now they've been extremely poor tbh.
thing is mate,the "smaller" teams will raise their game v the "big" sides ;)

I would almost certainly agree normally mate, but I watched them against a 9 man Chelsea side ( so local pride at stake too) and they were shocking.

They won and it gives confidence

I find myself totally disagreeing with most of you. It was a great win, and why criticise the back 4 when it was the weak midfield play which led the back 4 to being exposed.

QPR is a small ground. It's very difficult to stop the ball coming into your penalty area. Only way to do it is to keep the ball. And I hope the Kolarov critics learned a lesson today. What a cross! Mind you they have had plenty of lessons so far thiks season and failed to learn anything so too much to hope that today will be any different

an average performance but 3 points, we cannot play well every week sometimes through complacency or mental fatigue we will play badly, they are not robots, least we know they can drag a result out of the bag, its a good attribute to have

Fantastic performance from QPR .

At half time, my verdict on our players was that the best of a poor bunch - Milner; had "huffed and puffed" and the other 9 outfield players had all been gash. After the break, Kun, Kolorov, Silva and especially Yaya and Dzeko began to get their act together. Three really well taken goals and a strong element of riding our luck tonight brought home the Bacon.

These are the type of matches that you need to win to finish top come May and playing in a game like that and not just trouncing the average sides by 6 and 5 like Spuds and Scum will stand us in good stead for the winter months.

Well played City.

tonight we will learn from the team selection thats if there was anything wrong with it. we struggled with the width first half. but hey like i said earlyer the reds have been doing this for 20 odd years, i'm proud tonight proud to shut the fuckers up when it went 2-2

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.