QPR vs City: Post match discussion [Merged]

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Evening guys n gals...Just got in form an evening out with the kids so didn't get the match. Had a feeling we may lose this one but very glad we didn't. 3 pts is 3pts and I will be intrigued to see the game on motd tonight-well our 10 mins of footage if that. Not read most of the thread but from texts I was receiving it sounded like it was a less fluent performance.

Oh well - I don't think many will relish going to qpr this season and in the bigger picture another 3 pts on the board. Onwards and upwards peeps. How did Edin play by the way?
Edin was best player by far. Great equaliser. Nearly as good as Silvas.

City were very good for brief spells. Watched it with commentary off. QPR played it like a Cup Final in front of a really passionate crowd. Best result so far. I am starting to believe

Comrade Buka said:
ChicagoBlue said:
Additionally, we play this BS "zonal marking" from dead balls, which gives the ATTACKER a running start on our standing jump defenders, which is a GREAT advantage to the attacker.

Good point. Law of physics, really.

not when its done properly, also for the goal we werent zonal marking, its usually done for corners not for free kicks, their guy out jumped our guy which is an arguement against man on man marking if anything

This was a great win and a very good match! that was won with a winning mentality that the team obviously doesn't lack of.

But, is it only me who thinks that QPR played that well (and they really did play well!) only because our midfield allowed them to? I am quite sure that if NDJ was playing, QPR wouldn't get that many chances and an open way to our back 4...

Once again, wonderful win!! Love it!

Marvin said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Evening guys n gals...Just got in form an evening out with the kids so didn't get the match. Had a feeling we may lose this one but very glad we didn't. 3 pts is 3pts and I will be intrigued to see the game on motd tonight-well our 10 mins of footage if that. Not read most of the thread but from texts I was receiving it sounded like it was a less fluent performance.

Oh well - I don't think many will relish going to qpr this season and in the bigger picture another 3 pts on the board. Onwards and upwards peeps. How did Edin play by the way?
Edin was best player by far. Great equaliser. Nearly as good as Silvas.

City were very good for brief spells. Watched it with commentary off. QPR played it like a Cup Final in front of a really passionate crowd. Best result so far. I am starting to believe

Thanks mate.

We REALLY missed De Jong tonight. I think QPR had a lot of joy in the center of the pitch they otherwise wouldn't have had if he was there, but I respect the hell out of the players on that pitch tonight because with one annoying exception they fought for the club and fought to win.

narrow pitch;heavily over-watered;midweek euro match; under those circumstances
great 3 points.We didn't play all out attack or park the bus,difficult to summarise our
game strategy,seemed to be just do enough

BIG UP FOR QPR

they give us a fight and why should any team roll over and lets us win
you go out and give it your best and if you win well or win bad its still 3 points

110% today to dig deep and come back to win away from home in my book

IS JOB DONE

I could cry sometimes - i have watched City all my life and endured the ridicule to boot 3- 0 up with ten to play and drawing 3-3, yes typical City yet tonight the pundits lined us up for the losing headlines with the away in Champions League and then away in Premiership, have they got what it takes and one great away win does not make for a premiership title.
Ok i for one am not getting ahead of myself and yes we will lose games this season to teams like QPR but to those pundits who have turned from "oh I feel sorry for City fans, they deserve more" to band wagon haters of money bags City - shame on you and by the way another 3 points not for a team who played particularly bad but because the opposition played above their game but couldn't match City in the end - easy to try to look good to the neutrals and criticize - we won, rant over

Marvin said:
I find myself totally disagreeing with most of you. It was a great win, and why criticise the back 4 when it was the weak midfield play which led the back 4 to being exposed.

QPR is a small ground. It's very difficult to stop the ball coming into your penalty area. Only way to do it is to keep the ball. And I hope the Kolarov critics learned a lesson today. What a cross! Mind you they have had plenty of lessons so far thiks season and failed to learn anything so too much to hope that today will be any different

Well it wasnt our usual back four and they certainly didnt gel, no one took control and there was poor communication. It just wasnt organised, but that experience will do us well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.