QPR Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Bluemoon dan said:
Another clean sheet without either of our first choice centre halves so a positive there. A striker with a killer instinct in front of goal and everything will be fine at the other end.

Only 63million euros for Cavani. We better start selling a few more so we can scrape together the money to get him. Funny how all of our strikers have gone off the boil at the same time. The Aguero effort in the second half was frankly embarrassing for a 38million striker with no pressure on him and clearing the bar by at least 10 yards.

Blueband Brother said:
baildon blue said:
Massive over reaction from some people on bluemoon.I see it as a point gained and we can still win that title

You must be living in alice in wonderland land
Yeah well some people on here said we would 4-0.Thats not living the real world

NoahCity said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
AlthamBlue said:
With the way our strikers are playing at the minute, does anyone actually think we'll win the league?
The strikers aren't the problem
kinda is, missed 3-4 good chances today, although we do need another AM/Winger, Silva and Nasri (who rarely performs) is not enough.

Of course the strikers are the problem. Snitch & snatch (Tevez & aguero) didn't trouble the keeper at all. Aguero has deteriorated, Tevez looks clueless. Pablo is our best attacking option.

SamCity123 said:
I assure you my post is not one of me flapping or a knee-jerk reaction.

I believe we need to look to 'con' someone off with Nasri, he is normally a passenger. Milner, although I've been looking forwards to seeing him play in the middle, was awful there. Barry, I am a supporter, had a poor game. Our strikers? Shots on target says it all tonight. I think only Sergio is world class at the moment, and at the moment, he is way off form.

Silva is isolated, needs some help instead of being route and only route one. We're still crying out for the impact winger, that was almost Scott Sinclair, but he, I don't think, is anywhere near good enough.

In the summer, I'd be looking at minimum Nasri and Tevez and/or Dzeko out. I hope Guidetti in the meantime gets fit, and is the saviour we all hope he can be. When I say saviour, it is far from over, but we need to start being 100% clinical because that's most likely where the league will be won.

Keep your heads on.

Agree with pretty much every word. Nasri is extremely disappointing, get rid in the summer. Milner does a job on the flank but is not a central midfielder.

In the summer we need a strong atheletic centre mid to play alongside Yaya because Barry is useful but is getting slower. We need a pacey winger, forget this notion that we don't play with them because Nasri spends all his time down the flanks and all he does is control the ball, check back an pass it backwards. I would also overhaul the forward line, as you say Aguero is the only world class forward we have and he has A) always been a 1 in 3 or 4 good chance striker, and B) hasn't been anywhere near his best this season IMO.

Also sick of this same old shit away from home. Our performances haven't changed in a year now. Teams have pretty much figured us out and we continue to play at a ridiculously slow tempo. It needs sorting. The rags don't fuck about on the ball the way we do an that's pretty much why they have no problem breaking teams down away from home.

bobbyowenquiff said:
We have an excellent team with one major flaw which will probably cost us the title. We do not have a single player capable of delivering a proper cross. The passing from our wide players is hopeless. The best ball played in came from Edin! We score most of our goals by creating space through the middle but it doesn't work when teams park the bus. The rags are not as good as us man for man but are much better at playing the ball in from the flanks. Just look at how many goals Van Persie and Rooney get in this way.
THIS

No getting away from the fact that the result is disappointing but the performance was no awful.They have gotten organised under Harry, beaten Chelsea and drawn with us and Spurs. They worked very hard and we did not put away the chances that came our way. Zabba heads it in and it's a different game all over.Keeper has made a couple of good stops.Lacking ruthlessness in front of goal.We have closed the gap by a point and strange things can happen this time of the year results wise. Long way to go yet.

Utd still have to play

Fulham away
QPR away
West Ham away
Sunderland away
Stoke away
Arsenal away
WBA away

and they have to play Chelsea and City at Old Trafford

But we have a horrible February. If we can get through February just 7 points behind we'll have a good chance

dancity19 said:
baildon blue said:
Massive over reaction from some people on bluemoon.I see it as a point gained and we can still win that title

You seriously see a point at QPR as a point gained???

I don't know why they actually bother playing football.

You could just map out all the results on day 1 of the season and hand the trophy over there and then

deano ou812 said:
pml79 said:
Marvin said:
A point away is not a disaster. It's not easy beating teams who are fighting for their lives.

Utd will find that too
agree but the rags go lookin for goals they are dangerous goin forward they always go for that early goal to bring the opposition out to get more goals were too slow in build up play in three passes we do the rags will do it in one
Spot on,think what you trying to say in short is,the rags are more direct in their play,at times we overplay it....

If they were 0-0 at 70 minutes they would have bombarded qpr and even risk losing to win it.

We never do that. West ham away was a good example. Last 15
Minutes was like a training game. 2nd half tonight total shite.

Nasri is a complete waste of space. Add fuck all.

We missed Yaya tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.