Queen Elizabeth II

Not yet, he'll give it a go but he's getting on himself. I think a lot will depend on how he handles the job and if there is a real threat of the country becoming a republic. If his reign starts going pear shaped or the royalty comes under pressure, he'll pass it to William.
Like a hot potato?

I might be wrong, but her part in the peace process seams under rated. The IRA blew her cousin up, but the fact she was prepared to put that aside for the greater good was a monumental gesture.
No idea what the view was of her in ireland in general but i think her input and visit to dublin a few years back appeared , to me, huge
She genuinely did create a ripple here. The significance of her visit and her actions and speeches was not wasted on the general
public.

I think she impressed all but the insignificant few who will never progress.

Honestly. I like the rest of the Republic am not into monarchy but I actually got slightly emotional watching her speech in Dublin Castle. Over here it is being described as probably the most important and impressive speeches of her reign. I don’t know if it would be viewed that way universally but that’s how it was perceived here.

She did as much to change minds over here as any other British diplomat I can think of.

She genuinely did create a ripple here. The significance of her visit and her actions and speeches was not wasted on the general
public.

Honestly. I like the rest of the Republic am not into monarchy but I actually got slightly emotional watching her speech in Dublin Castle. Over here it is being described as probably the most important and impressive speeches of her reign. I don’t know if it would be viewed that way universally but that’s how it was perceived here.

She did as much to change minds over here as any other British diplomat I can think of.
I remember her and Philip over there, it was an immense moment

public.

Thank you very much for the inside take on that. Appreciated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.