Queen Elizabeth II

Whatever your views on her, it's the case that her first hand experiences and memories would have made the most comprehensive individual chronicle of much of the 20th Century and the transition into the new millennium. In that sense it is a real shame that she kept her views to herself. Maybe they'll pull up some floorboards and find out she'd kept a no holds bar diary for 70 odd years!

They'd either be dynamite... (Tues 20th: Met Blair, blazing row again, the smug little git has definitely got a Messiah complex but annoyingly I had to agree with him this time. At least he's not patronising or emotionally dysfunctional like the witch used to be. Haven't had one I didn't want to punch since Harold, I miss him so much). Or crushingly disappointing... (Tues 20th. Met Blair, still has no clue about the gee gees but I had a nice touch at 20/1 in the 3.30 at Kempton which made up for it)

Last edited:
Whatever your views on her, it's the case that her first hand experiences and memories would have made the most comprehensive individual chronicle of much of the 20th Century and the transition into the new millennium. In that sense it is a real shame that she kept her views to herself. Maybe they'll pull up some floorboards and find out she'd kept a no holds bar diary for 70 odd years!

They'd either be dynamite... (Tues 20th: Met Blair, blazing row again, the smug little git has definitely got a Messiah complex but annoyingly I had to agree with him this time. At least he's not patronising or emotionally dysfunctional like the witch used to be. Haven't had one I didn't want to punch since Harold, I miss him so much). Or crushingly disappointing... (Tues 20th. Met Blair, still has no clue about the gee gees but I had a nice touch at 20/1 in the 3.30 at Kempston which made up for it)
It would be an incredible tome.

We’d be far better if we could write right to left.

As we write, we can’t see the word we are writing, whereas you can when using your right hand.
When I was at primary school my handwriting was so poor thst my teacher asked my to try writing with my right hand for a couple of days. Once she’d had a look, after half an hour she told me to switch back!

When I was at primary school my handwriting was so poor thst my teacher asked my to try writing with my right hand for a couple of days. Once she’d had a look, after half an hour she told me to switch back!
My grandad was beaten to become right handed, so could write with both, but always had a slight twitch. Crazy to think that used to happen.

We’ve come a long way in 90 years.

My grandad was beaten to become right handed, so could write with both, but always had a slight twitch. Crazy to think that used to happen.

We’ve come a long way in 90 years.
Ironically enough (given the subject matter of this thread) George VI’s stammer was attributed to his governess tying his left hand behind his back to make him write with his left.

Absolutely fucking nuts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.