Queen Elizabeth II

Apparently, and I stand to be corrected here, they quarried the stones in from Wales or somewhere far enough away for it to be a (ahem) monumental feat of engineering.

There you are kids, this what we did before tv and smartphones.

(This was posted in response to the Stonehenge comments earlier, sorry if it OT).

Last edited:
What has she done personally that has had an impact on your life.
Helping to set up the Commonwealth.

Improving relations with our nearest neighbours in the Republic of Ireland.

Giving Royal Assent to all bills passed through Parliament.

Acting as our greatest ambassador to other nations around the world (she is the most travelled monarch in history).

Even two days before she passed away she stood up and met with the departing and incoming Prime Ministers, until the very last she was working and doing so for the country.

Hosting Presidents from our biggest and greatest ally for decades, improving that relationship.

Giving guidance and moral support to the nation during dark times - her Covid speech is a very fine example of that and I genuinely felt a lot better after watching it.

Setting an example of service to one’s country.

Ensuring that everything she’s done politically was democratic and didn’t override the elected government of the UK.

These are just some examples but I also want to point out how telling it is that the Tories, Labour, Lib Dems and even the SNP, had the utmost respect for her, so much so that the SNP wanted her to be the monarch still, of an independent Scotland.

Across the pond, Presidents from both their parties have been desperate for her approval and wanting to meet her.

I’ve said a few times that people are entitled to an opinion about the system of constitutional monarchy but you cannot say she wasn’t a remarkable woman, who did a remarkable job for 70 years in the role she was given.

Just like Prince Andrew, Wayne Lineker is an absolute predator

Helping to set up the Commonwealth.

Improving relations with our nearest neighbours in the Republic of Ireland.

Giving Royal Assent to all bills passed through Parliament.

Acting as our greatest ambassador to other nations around the world (she is the most travelled monarch in history).

Even two days before she passed away she stood up and met with the departing and incoming Prime Ministers, until the very last she was working and doing so for the country.

Hosting Presidents from our biggest and greatest ally for decades, improving that relationship.

Giving guidance and moral support to the nation during dark times - her Covid speech is a very fine example of that and I genuinely felt a lot better after watching it.

Setting an example of service to one’s country.

Ensuring that everything she’s done politically was democratic and didn’t override the elected government of the UK.

These are just some examples but I also want to point out how telling it is that the Tories, Labour, Lib Dems and even the SNP, had the utmost respect for her, so much so that the SNP wanted her to be the monarch still, of an independent Scotland.

Across the pond, Presidents from both their parties have been desperate for her approval and wanting to meet her.

I’ve said a few times that people are entitled to an opinion about the system of constitutional monarchy but you cannot say she wasn’t a remarkable woman, who did a remarkable job for 70 years in the role she was given.

I agree. She’s impacted the whole of British society over the last 70 years. The symbol of the queen is on all the money we use for example. So even if it’s not her literally doing a task she’s still there in society

I agree. She’s impacted the whole of British society over the last 70 years. The symbol of the queen is on all the money we use for example. So even if it’s not her literally doing a task she’s still there in society
People are wilfully ignorant when it comes to the monarchy, you can see it with “she does fuck all comments”.

Sadly, I don’t think there’s anything these people can be told or shown that will move them from their position.

They hate the idea of monarchy so refuse to see its benefits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.