Queen Elizabeth II

I remember when my Grans coffin was transported from the church in Bury to the burial at Moston Cemetery. There was an elderly man stood at a bus stop who took his hat off as we went by. It was a lovely act of respect, for someone he obviously never knew, and I've never forgotten it.
Manners and respect cost nothing, but mean so much.
I love the pagentry and symbolism in what we will see this week, so much intertwined with the fabric and history of this nation.

I noticed at my aunties funeral a couple of years ago that most of the neighbours had all their curtains shut until after the procession has left the road to head to church. Nice little touch, used to be a traditional that I’d completely forgotten about until then.

I noticed at my aunties funeral a couple of years ago that most of the neighbours had all their curtains shut until after the procession has left the road to head to church. Nice little touch, used to be a traditional that I’d completely forgotten about until then.
Yes, it definitely was. It's those little "touches" that are now disappearing I think and it's sad.

Some of it is subjective though. I reckon some people will see me as rude. My language is sometimes inconsiderate of others. I can see some people finding that rude. My self-confidence may come across as rude to some as well.

I do think I’m well mannered overall, though. Always say please and thank you. Always thank anyone who has provided me with a service. Waiter, bus driver, taxi driver, train attendant. They are often poorly paid to do difficult jobs and deserve to be respected.

Can’t stand inconsiderate drivers. They are about the only thing in this world that makes me remotely angry.

So certain things are important to me, and piss me off, but that doesn’t make them any more or less rude than me swearing. How rude something is, is often simply down to the recipient’s perception.
Look, the consensus is that both you and Charles are cunts. Just move on from anger, denial and bargaining, get through the depression stage as quickly as you can and move on to acceptance.

I was at a funeral on the Isle of Man a few years back and curtains were drawn, people stopped I the streets and took their hats off if they were wearing them.

Traffic also stopped for the hearse to drive without stopping.

It was quite moving.

I was at a funeral on the Isle of Man a few years back and curtains were drawn, people stopped I the streets and took their hats off if they were wearing them.

Traffic also stopped for the hearse to drive without stopping.

It was quite moving.

The hat taking off thing hasn’t completely been lost. I live near a few churches and regularly see funeral processions on their way to one of them. And I quite regularly see people taking their hats off as they pass. Admittedly nearly always older people. I don’t think younger people are being disrespectful by not doing so. They just don’t even know it’s a thing.

I remember when my Grans coffin was transported from the church in Bury to the burial at Moston Cemetery. There was an elderly man stood at a bus stop who took his hat off as we went by. It was a lovely act of respect, for someone he obviously never knew, and I've never forgotten it.
Manners and respect cost nothing, but mean so much.
I love the pagentry and symbolism in what we will see this week, so much intertwined with the fabric and history of this nation.
When my Dad’s coffin was going through Moston I remember a lady blessing herself as it went past. She didn’t know him from Adam but I can tell you it puts a smile on my face even now. Even though I’m welling up now just typing this!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.