Queen Elizabeth II

When my Dad’s coffin was going through Moston I remember a lady blessing herself as it went past. She didn’t know him from Adam but I can tell you it puts a smile on my face even now. Even though I’m welling up now just typing this!
Yes, it still resonates for me too. One simple gesture goes such a long way.

When my Dad’s coffin was going through Moston I remember a lady blessing herself as it went past. She didn’t know him from Adam but I can tell you it puts a smile on my face even now. Even though I’m welling up now just typing this!
I always cross myself when a herse goes by , i appreciate that i nearly died once , gives you a slightly different view of the need to be respectful

I always cross myself when a herse goes by , i appreciate that i nearly died once , gives you a slightly different view of the need to be respectful
I'm not sure, I think it's something much deeper.
I was attacked when I was 19, stabbed several times. Yet it's never coloured my approach to manners and respect.
We are all different though.

I remember as lads we would always have a sporting wager on the number of oldies who would stop and remove their headwear and/or cross themselves as we passed in the cortege. Loser assisted the priest with removing his cassock.

Huge numbers of people lining the roads of Scotland villages and towns. Apparently no one’s bothered through according to some on this thread.

I haven't watched any of the pomp even though I respected the Queen and am a monarchist in my heart. It's lovely to hear that people are out there paying their respects.

The hat taking off thing hasn’t completely been lost. I live near a few churches and regularly see funeral processions on their way to one of them. And I quite regularly see people taking their hats off as they pass. Admittedly nearly always older people. I don’t think younger people are being disrespectful by not doing so. They just don’t even know it’s a thing.
Not many wear hats to be taken off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.