Queen Elizabeth II

Most people don't care about a lot of things in this country and occupy themselves with their family and friends and the little things in life. One in three of us don't even bother to vote. But that still doesn't mean that the death of the Queen isn't the biggest thing to happen in our country since the end of WWII. There wont be another event like this that gathers people and world leaders in our lifetimes. There are likely to be 2million people descending on London in the next week.

Suggesting no one is bothered because you haven't talked about it, doesn't render it a non event, It will be largest event the UK is likely to see and possibly the world in so far as world leaders gathering to show their respects to someone they held in very high esteem. That is just the way it is.

My point always was that the country just isn't in mourning. It isn't. It's a false narrative. A small percentage maybe are, but I absolutely categorically do not believe that anything more than a tiny percentage of this country has had their mood or day to day life affected or shifted for more than ten minutes. I've got no doubt some of you are still glued to the coverage, welling up over montages, but I genuinely believe they're few and far between. The fact that the vast majority were pissed that football was cancelled is a pretty good indicator to me, plus once again, absolutely loads of (admittedly anecdotal) social interactions where the queen could have come up in conversation loads, but didn't. I can't prove it, like you can't the other way, but I believe it.

Ultimately, a very old lady died. No one is shocked by this, so what more is there to say for most people after the initial 'that's sad' stuff on Thursday/Friday? Nothing. Hence why the topic of conversation is no longer an interesting one and why maybe it isn't being brought up...as there is just not really much else to say other than these type of 'the monarchy is good/bad' convos.

Um... wow.

It seems all rather odd to try use the Empire as a stick to beat the Queen - it's not like some past actions has been acknowledged as being awful, or as if the Queen ordered it herself.

The host didn't much like the jab about US and slavery, and the "look at them, not at us" was amazingly transparent.
Wankstain.

This Trevor Sinclair thing is really awful, I really like, or should I say did like Trevor -I’m massively, disappointed in him.
Playing the ‘race card’ like he most certainly did, I’m astonished! - I’m no royalist, but, give some respect man for the queen whether you liked her or not, I know for a FACT I’ve seen him singing the national anthem in an England shirt, thats for sure!
He needs a history lesson - I expect abuse from some low lives - man up, show some respect.
We need to be one people, I don’t want him cancelled like the woke warriors that cancel everyone else, but he’s scored some own goal here.

My point always was that the country just isn't in mourning. It isn't. It's a false narrative. A small percentage maybe are, but I absolutely categorically do not believe that anything more than a tiny percentage of this country has had their mood or day to day life affected or shifted for more than ten minutes. I've got no doubt some of you are still glued to the coverage, welling up over montages, but I genuinely believe they're few and far between. The fact that the vast majority were pissed that football was cancelled is a pretty good indicator to me, plus once again, absolutely loads of (admittedly anecdotal) social interactions where the queen could have come up in conversation loads, but didn't. I can't prove it, like you can't the other way, but I believe it.

Ultimately, a very old lady died. No one is shocked by this, so what more is there to say for most people after the initial 'that's sad' stuff on Thursday/Friday? Nothing. Hence why the topic of conversation is no longer an interesting one and why maybe it isn't being brought up...as there is just not really much else to say other than these type of 'the monarchy is good/bad' convos.

Mate you're obviously a good guy, I get your point and take it. Mourning is probably the wrong word to use these days, they are mostly not "mourning".

If its such a non event as you state, how come so many people are descending on Edinburgh and London. How do you explain this, it doesnt really back up your claim does it?

Alternatively please reference me an event that has galvanised more people to do a similar thing?

This Trevor Sinclair thing is really awful, I really like, or should I say did like Trevor -I’m massively, disappointed in him.
Playing the ‘race card’ like he most certainly did, I’m astonished! - I’m no royalist, but, give some respect man for the queen whether you liked her or not, I know for a FACT I’ve seen him singing the national anthem in an England shirt, thats for sure!
He needs a history lesson - I expect abuse from some low lives - man up, show some respect.
We need to be one people, I don’t want him cancelled like the woke warriors that cancel everyone else, but he’s scored some own goal here.

Not sure it’s the “woke” that are calling for his cancellation, to be fair.

Personally, I think he should have been off air a few years ago, he’s clearly got issues.

If its such a non event as you state, how come so many people are descending on Edinburgh and London. How do you explain this, it doesnt really back up your claim does it?

Alternatively please reference me an event that has galvanised more people to do a similar thing?

Are many people descending on London and Edinburgh?

I haven't seen an estimate into 5 figures for Edinburgh yet. The crowd is 3 or 4 deep at the very end, most of it is 1 deep. In a city with a metropolitan area population of 1 million. I would imagine 10x as many people would turn out for a Hearts trophy parade.

Over 1 million people turned up to the stop the war march in 2003. That was an issue people cared about. <10,000 people outside Buckingham Palace in a nation of 70 million? No.

I'm not sure loyal subjects mourining the queen outside Buckingham Palace was even the biggest crowd event in London this weekend, the Chris Kaba march had thousands of people in it too.

Last edited:
People this morning getting phone calls cancelling loved ones funerals next Monday , obviously Royal grief outweighs the grief of mere plebs .
My wife is due to take a funeral next Monday at 12pm. We’re waiting to hear if it is still on. She’ll do it if the family want and the Crematorium and Funeral Directors are open.

My guess is that it will be postponed, unless relatives are coming from far and wide, as that family will want to watch the Queen’s funeral and Crems will likely be closed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.