Queen Elizabeth II

You didn't see it so how can you comment on it? get the impression your one of those people that think they are always right and everybody else is thick

There would be no glory in being right all of the time if everybody else was thick.

Maybe you're confusing mourning with grieving.

I've stayed off this thread, which is extremely divisive (in itself, that is not without interest in what it says about people's relation to a monarch).
But that's potentially a useful distinction. Mourning is perhaps the outward, ceremonial expression of grieving, with certain rites attached to it. I suspect that @twosips (a thoughtful lad, by the way, not for one second someone I'd consider wilfully provocative, to judge by his Youtube thing) would argue that neither are being done or experienced by the whole nation, and that's his whole problem with that narrative. Which, let's be honest, has been pumped out 24/7 since her death.
If I've understood him rightly, his objection would not at all be to people grieving, or even mourning, their queen. It's that we're being told that everyone's in that state of mind and expression, when they're palpably not.
And if the distinction holds good, that there's a sort of coercive mourning going on, which doesn't correspond to inner grieving.
But I may be overthinking it.

You didn't see it so how can you comment on it? get the impression your one of those people that think they are always right and everybody else is thick
Quite easily. He didn’t have a gun. If he had, it would be all over the news and more than one poster would give a fuck.

How did you feel against Villa last season? Can’t have been good for your nerves, what with 2,500 people on the pitch who might all have had grenades.

Quite easily. He didn’t have a gun. If he had, it would be all over the news and more than one poster would give a fuck.

How did you feel against Villa last season? Can’t habe been good for your nerves, what with 2,500 people on the pitch who might all have had grenades.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.