Queen Elizabeth II

70 years and this is the best that they could come up with in terms of dishing up dirt on her?

Pathetic really how these little attention-seeking lefties can’t accept the fact that she was a fantastic head of state who acted selflessly and for the benefit of her country, and who was widely respected by the public in turn.

Those reports have been around for a while and they are evidence enough to show she wasn't entirely selfless. As an unelected person you are either in place ceremonially or not at all in my opinion. One example of her seeking to influence for her own gain is enough of a slight. Had she been elected she would be well within her rights to influence policy.

She was respected because she was old, had celebrity status and people saw a mother/grandmother in her. But you cannot dismiss reports like these and just claim she was selfless. She had her own interests and wanted to protect them. When you are born to a role and outside of the system then that warrants criticism.

Whilst in and out doing some gardening - I had the news on during the period of the coffin being transferred to St Giles - all in all about 2 hours. For curiosity I put CNN on and was really surprised at the level of coverage - could have been a UK news channel

Is there really that much interest in the US?

I've stayed off this thread, which is extremely divisive (in itself, that is not without interest in what it says about people's relation to a monarch).
But that's potentially a useful distinction. Mourning is perhaps the outward, ceremonial expression of grieving, with certain rites attached to it. I suspect that @twosips (a thoughtful lad, by the way, not for one second someone I'd consider wilfully provocative, to judge by his Youtube thing) would argue that neither are being done or experienced by the whole nation, and that's his whole problem with that narrative. Which, let's be honest, has been pumped out 24/7 since her death.
If I've understood him rightly, his objection would not at all be to people grieving, or even mourning, their queen. It's that we're being told that everyone's in that state of mind and expression, when they're palpably not.
And if the distinction holds good, that there's a sort of coercive mourning going on, which doesn't correspond to inner grieving.
But I may be overthinking it.

Thank you. It was this and only ever this. At no point was I ever trying to be provocative. I'm literally not that person. Just very confused and a tiny bit irritated by the persistent descriptions of the public mood by the media, which, as far as I'm personally aware, go strongly against what I've experienced over the past few days. I'm sorry if I've annoyed anyone. Genuinely never meant to. Spent too much time on here over the last few days, but I'm genuinely going to put that down to no football freeing up an awful lot of time that I'd usually be working ha. Anyway, absolutely gonna try my best to stay out of this thread now. Dunno if I'll succeed, but I'll try.

No disrespect but I am finding some of this total over reaction from the police rather troubling man arrested for heckling prince Andrew Since when did this country turn into Russia.
Interesting headline from the Torygraph

I am no royalist and believe that there is a time and place for protesting against them. But do we really need this approach I thought all these tories were anti woke and for freedom of speech?
Your right mate.
It’s perfectly acceptable to shout and holler during a 96 year old woman’s funeral.
If he did this at a normal funeral he’d be the next funeral
Attention seeking arsehole who is lucky he didn’t get battered.
He is only doing it because we don’t live in Russia.

No disrespect but I am finding some of this total over reaction from the police rather troubling man arrested for heckling prince Andrew Since when did this country turn into Russia.
Interesting headline from the Torygraph

I am no royalist and believe that there is a time and place for protesting against them. But do we really need this approach I thought all these tories were anti woke and for freedom of speech?
Wearing a Melbourne City hoodie no less.
Surprised we haven’t been blamed and fined for his outburst…

Your right mate.
It’s perfectly acceptable to shout and holler during a 96 year old woman’s funeral.
If he did this at a normal funeral he’d be the next funeral
Attention seeking arsehole who is lucky he didn’t get battered.
He is only doing it because we don’t live in Russia.
Are you a soothsayer? Her funeral is next week.

Whilst in and out doing some gardening - I had the news on during the period of the coffin being transferred to St Giles - all in all about 2 hours. For curiosity I put CNN on and was really surprised at the level of coverage - could have been a UK news channel

Is there really that much interest in the US?
I’m not claiming to have insight into the average American. When I was on holiday there, once a yank knew I was British that’s what they wanted to talk about.
Not sure if that represents knowledge or interest as the other topic was Scotland !!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.