Queen Elizabeth II

I have some semblance of respect for her, her reign can be commended. But she was very much one of a kind. The rest of her family are detestable; a monarchy should not be accommodated into any modern society/democracy. I mean for Christ's sake we're talking about families being pushed into fuel poverty this winter. Can nobody see how distasteful that dichotomy is?

I won't be shedding any tears, and in my opinion anyone that does needs to seriously realign their outlook.
This doesn't align at all with the sentiment of the rest of the country. She's been a fantastic public servant, the longest serving monarch in history. If it's true that it seems like she's in her last days then it will be an exceptionally sad event. Please don't confuse the crap that is happening in politics with the royal family.

Whether we should have a royal family or not or whether their family are good people or not is completely irrelevant to us losing such an massively influential person. She is probably the most admired and well known figurehead globally so it's going to be a tremendous loss for the world and not just us.

Even as a republican I can't argue with that. Our last great stateswoman.

same for me - I am a lefty but the Queen has been a constant throughout my life so whilst I cannot respect her position and that of her family I have great respect for the woman and what she has done throughout her life

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.