Queen Elizabeth II

Symbolism always is. The coffin being lowered too.

Hope everybody got what they needed from today.

Whatever your thoughts on things, it’s been a wonderful spectacle.
Only saw from the arrival towards Windsor and indeed it was a wonderful spectacle and fitting tribute , regardless of my overall views on the monarchy the queen deserved a remarkable farewell.

It depends upon what you define as "served well"

People who did serve in that conflict may disagree considerably.

To be fair, he was on a hiding to nothing working with the rank and file.
His superior officers would be expected not to expose the (then) second in line to the throne to direct combat. It's human nature for those 'less protected' to feel a degree of resentment.
He's a Royal... he's been brought up to feel superior to others. As I suggest, the rank and file were never going to see him in a positive light.

Does it count as hearsay if the person who told me served with him?
He also told me that his exploits in the Falklands war were exaggerated by the media.
That's just what hearsay is. One person's unsubstantiated opinion passed to another, who subsequently passes that opinion as fact.

Andrew did his bit. Whether that was more or less than the next man is irrelevant. He earned the right to wear his full uniform today.

To be fair, he was on a hiding to nothing working with the rank and file.
His superior officers would be expected not to expose the (then) second in line to the throne to direct combat. It's human nature for those 'less protected' to feel a degree of resentment.
He's a Royal... he's been brought up to feel superior to others. As I suggest, the rank and file were never going to see him in a positive light.
Very true but in a war situation he should have stayed at home.

It's not until you see the people who turned up for the state funeral this morning, that you realise just how respected she was world wide, no matter what you think of "monarchy".

These people didn't turn up out of duty, they turned up in respect of her.
Biden sitting near the back showed how many wanted to be there to pay condolences. I bet it’s the first time in a few years he wasn’t front row anywhere.

That's just what hearsay is. One person's unsubstantiated opinion passed to another, who subsequently passes that opinion as fact.

Andrew did his bit. Whether that was more or less than the next man is irrelevant. He earned the right to wear his full uniform today.

Which he deservedly lost when he gave the interview.

Anyone know of the military history of Prince Richard?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.