Queen Elizabeth II

That's just what hearsay is. One person's unsubstantiated opinion passed to another, who subsequently passes that opinion as fact.

Andrew did his bit. Whether that was more or less than the next man is irrelevant. He earned the right to wear his full uniform today.
That’s the legal definition but the more common definition of hearsay is rumour. I wouldn’t call a first hand account rumour even if it can’t be substantiated.

As I said the same source also knew Charles in the Navy and respected him so it’s not true that the rank and file are bound to not have a high opinion of him.

Very true but in a war situation he should have stayed at home.
Agreed, but we were at that time living in an era where the Royal Family were trying to 'relate' more closely to the public. They were more 'accessible' to the public than ever before.

Andrew would have lost face publicly (and probably branded a coward) had he not carried out his duties as a serving member of the armed forces.

The fact that he went on to make more of an embarrassment of himself in his personal life is another matter.

Have you seen all the evidence? May be he is guilty But don't let that get in the way of your anti royal agenda

I wanted to fly over and stand at Westminster or Windsor for this but family circumstances don't allow. I've been in person to funerals of course, parents, family & friends, some gone too soon, but as a public spectacle seen on television this was the most moving. There was Churchill in 1964 with the dockers dipping the jibs of the cranes as the barge carrying the coffin went down the Thames on that grey January day. There was Bobby Kennedy's funeral train going from NYC to Washington D.C. in 1968 with people lining the tracks all along the journey, maybe America's last best hope snatched away. But Lizzie's farewell touched me even more, not only for the splendid spectacle and ceremony (fine commentary by Anderson Cooper on CNN) but also for marking the end of an era, the close of the second Elizabethan Age. And for the unhappy thought that starting tomorrow a lot of things might be getting worse than they are today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.