Queen Elizabeth II

You could see the faces of concern within the House of Commons, whilst MPs listened to the statements on energy prices and bills' help from the prime minister.

There were notes being handed around, the prime minister was briefed, as were the leader of the opposition and the speaker - and people shortly after that left the chamber.

You could tell from the tenor and tone and facial expressions the concern that there is here in Westminster about the Queen’s health.

It's been a busy week for the monarch with that handover of power, her playing that crucial constitutional role in the resignation of one prime minister and the assumption of office of another.

And we've also known in terms of her interactions with political leaders that they have dialled down a little bit, certainly in terms of the physical exertions required of her to perform them have dialled down in recent months.

The overriding impression here at Westminster this lunch time is the same it will be around the country - one of deep concern from our political leaders and politicians more broadly.
From the Beeb.

I fear the worst.

What a magnificent person, our greatest monarch.

When the sad day does come, I will travel to London with the wife and kids and pay our respects and be at a real moment in history.

Dragging herself out of bed to meet Truss, sums up her sense of duty.

My Queen. Understand not everybody's point of view, but she came to the throne in the year my mum was born, who was seventy herself last month.

That blows my mind.

I fear the worst.

What a magnificent person, our greatest monarch.

When the sad day does come, I will travel to London with the wife and kids and pay our respects and be at a real moment in history.

Dragging herself out of bed to meet Truss, sums up her sense of duty.

My Queen. Understand not everybody's point of view, but she came to the throne in the year my mum was born, who was seventy herself last month.

That blows my mind.

She has been the Queen all of my life, it's going to feel strange her not being the Queen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.