Queen Elizabeth II

The loss of Philip, which has been repeated in a great deal of successful marriages, left her without the rock she’s relied on for 70 odd years, it’s no surprise…

I’m certainly no monarchist but she deserves respect!
Yes, it happens so often that a wife/husband doesnt last long after the death of their long time partner. Its kind of poetic

I read that if she passes from balmoral they will bring her to London via the royal train. The turnout along the route will be huge.

Hope she is comfortable.

Would be surprised if all sports are stopped for 10 days. More likely, I would have thought, is that the next set of games after her death would be cancelled and then minute's silence in the next set. That said any funeral would be on a Saturday and I would imagine games would either be cancelled or kick off earlier so that no games clash.

Although I agree with you, I read earlier that these plans are reviewed and updated upto 3 times a year. 12 days of complete shut down does seem way ott in this day & age though.
Who said anything about shut down?
There isn’t even a day off work planned!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.