Queen Elizabeth II

You said you wouldn't be upset?

I was simply asking why anyone needs to share such.

You don't need to be distraught, but everyone can show absolute respect.

There will be 20 million people on the streets when the day comes.

Less than half the country then which means I'm in the majority ;-)

I've nothing against the Royal Family, nothing whatsoever. In fact, on balance, I probably prefer that we've got them rather than don't.

It's just the expectation that we should all be distraught at HM's eventual passing that annoys me.
Understood.
However, you can expect respectful messages of condolences from, even the staunchest Republicans, like Sinn Fein.
I guarantee it. And without having any particular love for Sinn Fein, I don’t see any hypocrisy in them doing so, as I do feel there would be a genuine respect of her and her position.
They too will not be distraught, but I’m sure considerations of the implications of her passing will be kept to themselves for a respectful period.
I would certainly hope so anyway.

Showing respect costs nothing.
There’s a saying over here that my dad used to say along the lines of not speaking ill of the dead. If you cant say anything respectful don’t say anything at all.

Last edited:
You said you wouldn't be upset?

I was simply asking why anyone needs to share such.

You don't need to be distraught, but everyone can show absolute respect.

There will be 20 million people on the streets when the day comes.
When the inevitable happens, it would probably be a good time to do away with it once and for all. I can only imagine, after the years of service she’s given, it’ll quickly go to shit when she’s gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.