Queen Elizabeth II

Weekend holidays for me I can travel to London to wave their little flags. Regardless of views on the monarchy, it is a historical moment we're living in. Not a royalist but I think she has been a brilliant Queen.

Weekend holidays for me I can travel to London to wave their little flags. Regardless of views on the monarchy, it is a historical moment we're living in. Not a royalist but I think she has been a brilliant Queen.
Im certainly not a royalist or an imperialist.
There is a lot to criticise about royalty in my book, but I do have respect for your head of state all the same. Not withstanding her and their privileges She has performed her duty for Britain admirably, no doubt.

Not sure I’d have the same respect for what comes after her, but who knows.

If I am on the throne any more than 20 minutes my legs sieze up and I need to crawl out the loo. 70 years is fucking astounding. Perhaps she stays in there that long to hide from her family, who aren’t the sharpest tools in the box.

If I am on the throne any more than 20 minutes my legs sieze up and I need to crawl out the loo. 70 years is fucking astounding. Perhaps she stays in there that long to hide from her family, who aren’t the sharpest tools in the box.
It’s what happens when cousins keep marrying each other.

IQ down the toilet, aka the throne.

If we became a republic it would be just our luck to end up with somebody like Trump or Biden.

You are assuming a head of state would have political power. We have a parliamentary system, where the Prime Minister is first amongst equals and Parliament is sovereign. That need not change if we have an elected head of state. We would just change from a constitutional Monarchy to a constitutional Presidency, the difference being the Presidency is not heredity and it is democratically elected. A President could in theory do the same constitutional role as the monarchy but instead of living in a number of palaces, castles and country homes with a huge extended family living off the nations wealth could live in a council flat in Salford and be paid a wage similar to an MP for instance.

If it ever came to pass, you could say in theory elect one of the BGT judges to be President, Amanda Holden would do, so would David Walliams or you could elect Phil Foden. I would set a term of 5 years maximum service.

We live in a sick society where we have a "Family" who most wouldnt recognise a days work if it was put in front of them
but have privileges, wealth , Castles ,houses,property,estates beyond belief ( some are hardly used )
The royals and the UK got their wealth on the backs of exploiting people and countries round the world for centuries
The laws of the UK don't apply to them
While people are struggling to "heat or eat" and many are living in abject poverty or sleeping on the streets & are dying because the NHS is on its knees they flaunt their ill gotton gains in front of us People get caught up in the Royal PR machine & get all gooey when they see the Royals waving to us
They need a bigger balcony now as there is many of the hanger oners
We have been brainwashed for years that they do a good job and are good for the country but what benefit are they to us ?
Would the country really be a worse place without them ?
Bunch of scroungers the lot of them

We live in a sick society where we have a "Family" who most wouldnt recognise a days work if it was put in front of them
but have privileges, wealth , Castles ,houses,property,estates beyond belief ( some are hardly used )
The royals and the UK got their wealth on the backs of exploiting people and countries round the world for centuries
While people are struggling to "heat or eat" and many are living in abject poverty or sleeping on the streets & are dying because the NHS is on its knees they flaunt their ill gotton gains in front of us People get caught up in the Royal PR machine & get all gooey when they see the Royals waving to us
We have been brainwashed for years that they do a good job and are good for the country but what benefit are they to us ?
I think bitterness and anger is clouding your judgement to be honest.

They literally make more money than is spent on them. Financially it’s a net benefit to have them than not.

In 2019 they cost the taxpayer £69m but made £400m, which the government received £350m of.

There’s plenty of other societies you can choose to live in around the world but your privilege of living here means you won’t move.

You’re living in one of the most privileged countries on the planet in the most privileged time in history.

The evidence is clear when it comes to completely ripping down your institutions that have done your country well for centuries, it always ends up in a huge body count.

Well said mate. You're bang on.

You are assuming a head of state would have political power. We have a parliamentary system, where the Prime Minister is first amongst equals and Parliament is sovereign. That need not change if we have an elected head of state. We would just change from a constitutional Monarchy to a constitutional Presidency, the difference being the Presidency is not heredity and it is democratically elected. A President could in theory do the same constitutional role as the monarchy but instead of living in a number of palaces, castles and country homes with a huge extended family living off the nations wealth could live in a council flat in Salford and be paid a wage similar to an MP for instance.

If it ever came to pass, you could say in theory elect one of the BGT judges to be President, Amanda Holden would do, so would David Walliams or you could elect Phil Foden. I would set a term of 5 years maximum service.
In all seriousness,that is an enlightening reply and I thank you for it.
I was only being sarcastic but your information makes me feel a bit of a thick sod,but I like to gain knowledge about any subject.Best wishes mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.