Question for 'older' City fans

its a cliche but being a City fan is a roller coaster, you dont choose to be a blue they choose you if your lucky enough, its a badge you wear with pride.
"City is for life.......!"
been a blue for over 40 years, lived in Ireland since i was 15 and been through it all.....they never seem to let you down or be HIGH for too long, i think its what we love about the club.

never forget your CITY TIL YOU DIE!

In my 50's a life long City fan, the bit I worry about is the way Hughes and Dunne espeicially were treated, I actually have no problem with them going just the manner.

Hughes had his chance and failed to grasp it, he showed no mercy in clearing out our previous players en masse.

I worry about Garry Cook, he has no real connection with Citys history and traditions and those at the top are behaving more like a Chelsea. Still if it brings success I guess I can live with it, bar the odd moan and groan on here.

its not just at city its happening at every club especially the premiere league the problem is that football is far removed from what it was, in terms of exposure, the way players are treated, the money involved etc.

who would have thought 30 even 10 years ago a royal family would buy a football club to promote there country it would have been the last thing any sane person would have done, but the exposure offered by the premiere league is phenomenal and very attractive to certain investors with certain agendas

look at wolves playing a reserve side at manure that would never have happened in the past not in a league game but these kind of things show a massive shift in what is important to clubs, and the people who run these clubs due to money and i am afraid to say it but what fans want are now way down the list of priorities.

i was talking to my uncle who is 68 about how football has changed and in his eyes it is no longer within reach of the working man because of the money involved, there are players of average ability who are treated like film or pop stars
also we are not playing on an even playing field as the richer clubs get richer and the poorer ones try to keep up and in doing so get poorer
crystal palace look like going into administration, watford are struggling and there are many more in a similar position and these are big clubs in the championship not league one or league two
so football has changed massively not just at city but everywhere and not all for the good

I turned 50 this year, watched City since i was 9 years old and even though i now live in the US, i ache for success for my beloved club!

I came back for the Chelski game and loved the much improved atmosphere at the COMS since my last visit. You are born a Blue (my Dad was a staunch Rag!) and all the years of pain are coming to an end, no matter who is managing the club, we have the money, the infrastructure, we are at last running the club as a proper business and not a glorified pub team and we have the best most loyal supporters in the land! (Take a look at the gates Leeds have had since they "did a City" for comparrison!) so lets just get behind the great club and enjoy the ride back to the top!!

CTID and proud of it!!

I was 10 years old in 1962 when a new mate who had just moved up to Wythenshawe from the Moss got me to go to a reserve game at Maine Road.I can remember we beat Villa 2-1 and Dave Ewing put through his own goal.Ray Sambrook and Harry Dowd are the only names i remember who played that day (besides Ewing).I was totally smitten,the rest is history.Being a Blue is forever,the rollercoaster ride unlike ANY other club.Just strap yourself in and enjoy,our day is coming.It will not rival the Bell-Lee-Summerbee era for us older guys i'm sure but for you youngsters under 40 tasting success will be just as sweet, so keep the faith.CTID.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.