Questions from a Newcastle forum

Is Tevez proof that nobody cares what you do off the pitch as long as you perform on it?

My Answer : I have always loved tevez and was one of the 1st to want him to come back…

Along the same lines; Balotelli has lit up the Premier League, both with his headline grabbing performances and his "antics". Does he have a place at Eastlands or will he be moved on?

Balotelli is a genius, he will come good one day. In addition he has got a whole new group of people into football that would have never shown intrest, just ask people from housing estates like the APE of Moss Side.

The Champions League must have been a massive disappointment, was it too much too soon, tactical naivety or something else? As a follow up what happened with the Europa League exit?

We tried to hard against Napoli and should have just taken our time in the 1st game, we lost it when we drew it was an uphill battle.
As regards of the Europa league I think we did not want to get tied down with more games.

When you saw you 8pt lead disappear, did you think you were copying our collapse of 95/96 and what happened to get you back on track?
Is this for Manure fans or Newcastle well I don’t know

How much of an impact do you see the FFP having?
A fine if anything, like Barcelona , Madrid and the manure are in so much debt how can they justify banning them as well.

Are you lot taking as much delight from Liverpool's disastrous league season as we are?

No opinon just disspointed over the Suarez Saga, they could have handeled this better.

Honestly, how did you feel when Chelsea were buying the title a few years ago, and how do you feel now?

Give a monkeys, were minted.

Do you think Mancini will be there next season? do you want him to be?
Yes I want him to stay, but he needs to be given a warning about his conduct around players, plus needs a few classes in press confernences
How much of this season is down to the management team and how much is it due to the players?

What's a realistic aim for Man City next season? Where do Man City need to strengthen to achieve this?
To win the premiership and progress to at least the knock out stage of the champions league

Who has been your player of the season?

Micha Richards

What has been your biggest frustration this season (can be performances, players, opposition, media, fans, anything)?

No one really, we are our own worse enimies.

Which managers have impressed you this season?
Alan PArdrew. SAF and Roberto Mancini

Pardrew : Newcastle against the odds have achived the impossible of even what their own fans expect, today we play them and we are more worried about them turning us over than our niegghbours.

Which Premier League Players have stood out?
Cisse, Silva

Which are your danger men that we should be looking out for?
Silva and YAYA Toure

Which Newcastle players are you worried about?
Cissie and Ba
Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Man City, one without)

Manchester United 1 Manchester City 6 , Newcastle 3 Manchester United 0
Which fans have impressed you the most/least?

Newcastle fans… have been the most impressive.
Liverpool fans the worse… Suarez Gate, not accepting KD is now out of touch

And finally what do you predict the score to be?

Come on… stop this… 3-0 to city

Is Tevez proof that nobody cares what you do off the pitch as long as you perform on it?

I have never cared what players do off the pitch. I probably draw the line at rape and murder tho.
I forgave Tevez for his Munich fuckup ages ago. It'll probably take a little longer to forgive him for fucking off to Argentina tho. On the pitch he has been first class since he came back, credit where it's due..,

Along the same lines; Balotelli has lit up the Premier League, both with his headline grabbing performances and his "antics". Does he have a place at Eastlands or will he be moved on?

As far as I'm concerned, he has 1 more season to show us the player he can be. If he wants to fuck up his career he can go and do it in Milan with Cassano. If he wants to fulfill his potential and be amongst the top 3 players on the planet I'd love him to stay.

The Champions League must have been a massive disappointment, was it too much too soon, tactical naivety or something else? As a follow up what happened with the Europa League exit?

Wrong tactics in our first game vs Napoli at home. We played into their hands really. Still, 10 pts is usually enough to get through the groupstage and we should have had 2 pens in the opening 20 mins away at Beyern!. Tough group including the eventual winners. Maybe next year the draw will be kinder on us. Looking forward to it!

When you saw you 8pt lead disappear, did you think you were copying our collapse of 95/96 and what happened to get you back on track?

I don't recall being 8pts clear, I don't really count the times when Utd play like 5 mins after our game.
TBH, a mix of complacency (we were thrashing everyone and looked destined to win the league), ACN, injuries at CB, and some rough refereeing decisions (eg. 1st defeat vs Chelsea) and Silva's loss is what fucked us. And Utd went on one hell of a run.

I don't think it'll impact City too much - we've built our squad for the next few years, fr the most part. In the long run I think it will benefit us and (esp.) the likes of Real, Barca, Utd. I don't want it to help us but Uefa don't want mid table clubs like City, Villa, Newcastle etc. upsetting the big boys from now on. Luckily for us we sneaked in before they locked the doors.

Are you lot taking as much delight from Liverpool's disastrous league season as we are?

Who couldn't??

Honestly, how did you feel when Chelsea were buying the title a few years ago, and how do you feel now?

I hope they continue to fail at it!

Yes and Yes.

How much of this season is down to the management team and how much is it due to the players?

It's all down to Chappy, imo

What's a realistic aim for Man City next season? Where do Man City need to strengthen to achieve this?

PL title and CL final. A CB, CM and a Winger (if Carlos stays)
Hummels, De Rossi, Hazard plz!!!

Tough choice. Hart, Kompany, Lescott, Barry, Yaya, Silva and Kun have all been brilliant.
I'd probably go with Silva. For 25 games he was out of this world. Best player in the PL.

What has been your biggest frustration this season (can be performances, players, opposition, media, fans, anything)?

Mario, Media and Man Utd

Pardew - Hopefully he has a shocker in 12 hours tho!
Hodgson - came back from his Liverpool hell very well
Lambert - mid table with Norwich says it all
Martinez - Plays good football and has somehow managed it again. Needs to move to a bigger club nex year tho
Bobby Manc - obviously
Most of all tho, Brendon Rodgers - If he spoke spanish he'd be perfect for Barca! Will make a big club into something special at some point in the future, imo.

Clint Dempsey. I won't bother naming the others since others will.

The front 4 + Yaya

Cisse - looks like a rough diamond (as Pearce would say) and seems to be able to score from anywhere at any time.
Ben Arfa
Cabaye

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Man City, one without)

The 6-1 rape of Rooney n co and the glorious 4-4 Utd-Everton draw

Utd- the least (as ever).
The most? I hate them but they're fucking loud - Stoke.

I'm quite calm and we usually win when I'm calm

2-1 to City. Ba, Tevez, Kuuuuuuuuuuun

kiam06 said:
No offence but don't want to answer your questions, tomorrow is strictly business and we are coming to win the league.

Talking bollocks as ever Kiam.

Even with 3 points and the red shite losing, we (mathematically) wouldn't be certain of winning the league, it's fans like you give the rest of us a bad name.

He's a great player (and a twat) but I trust City and Mancini in what they decide, always.

Moved on, caused us too much trouble

Yes, too much too soon, and a lack of luck cost us at crucial points.

Yes it was awful, and a mix of the pressure being lifted and the reappearance of Tevez.

Not too much immediately, but we shall probably see us gradually making some major
changes in 2/3 years time (especially in terms of spending)

Yes

Honestly, fantastic, as they were taking it off the rags from trafford!

Yes and Yes

a good mix really, an improvement by playing a more attacking style and the form of
players like Micah, Lescott and Barry have been alot to do with Mancini. The players have
obviously played a significant part too.

Title, League Cup/F.A. Cup final at wembley and a decent Champions league run - A good
winger, a central midfielder and a half-decent CB (plus replacement for anyone who leaves)

Sergio Aguero

Dunno yet, hopefully its not not winning the title!

Pardew, Rodgers, Bobby's mind games, and Di Matteo

A load of your gang (Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Coloccini), RVP, Valencia, Sessegnon, Vorm, Siggurdsson, and Shaun Maloney

Tevez and Aguero up front, Yaya Toure if one of our front 4 comes off (Nas, Silva, Tev and Kun)

Cisse, Ben Arfa, Ba and Cabaye

6-1 (City-Utd), 8-2 (Utd-Asnl)

Worst - Man Utd, Best - Hmmm... Norwich? none have been that good at etihad

3-2 city

what would you do if your top player did the same? Never play him again and sell him for a quarter of his worth to make a point?

He'll stay. He is far, far better than many think.

color=#0000FF][/color]10 points in the toughest group was ok by me. The EL exit was down to pure bad form at the time.

We were never 8 points clear and surprise, surprise Newcastle never entered my head. We started winning again to get back on track. United, and perhaps the master of mind games, did the rest.

On City, none. On Newcastle loads. If the Sheikh's relative buys you next week wanting to invest £5 Billion no strings attached, he can't without being banned from CL if you're successful.

Tee-hee, of course.

I don't accept they bought the title anyone more than any other club who won it.

Yes and Yes.

It's all down to Fergie

Keep improving. A CB, CM and a Winger

Silva, Kompany, Aguero not forgetting Pab Zab

The usual bent referees and teams rolling over for Slur Alex.

Steve Bruce, Mcleish and Sparky all getting what they deserve. Lambert and Rodgers for having a go. Woy (in comparison to the Twitcher - God imagine your daughter saying she's going to marry the son of a premier league manager - which would you prefer?)

RVP.

We have 11 world class players.

Can't ignore Cisse's form. Ben Arfa (perhaps we should start Nigel to put him off)

1-6 and 4-4

Least Villareal - they truly did come in taxi. Most Swansea, first game in Prem, Monday night, Big numbers, very loud even though they were hammered

I pray for a win.

We as Football Fans are fickle... We dislike players, soon as they sign for our club they become idols.

He needs to balance, which can be hard with so much disposable income. Once he matures mentally he will be a quality player. if this isn't soon - He will be sold back to The Serie A

It was a big success for me.... I mean my Club gaining 10pts in what was arguably the toughest group (which included this years finalist Bayern) to note we beat them in our stadium 2-0 (convincingly)
Usually gaining 10pts in the group stages qualifies the club.
As for the Europa exit - Yes I was disappointed as I always want my club to win - But looking back, maybe our early exit was a blessing in disguise

We had an 8pt lead? hmm... But No the Newcastle/KK scenario wasn't noted as a similarity. What helped us get back on track was United slipping under pressure at the top, and Yaya coming back into stride after the ACON and also Silva being given rest.

I fear more so for smaller clubs, I don't really see the FFPR effecting City, I think we just got onto that Greed Boat that is UEFA Chumps League just in time.
Whether its 1912 or 2012 successful clubs have bought/sold players, This won't change, but clubs who are not at the top will struggle to ever involve themselves at the auction house of football and attract the best players...
Keeping the mid-table clubs such as Everton where they currently are, and the Sky 4 where they are (consistently reaping in the Chumps League money)

I can see Newcastle being successful with this group of players, but Spurs/Chelsea/Arsenal are just around the corner and could easily poach Cisse from you guys with their UEFA money... and Newcastle drift back into mid-table obscurity.

Meh, not really bothered... they're about 30pts behind us or something? don't really see them as challengers to us right now, although they have seemed to up their game when playing us

I found it to be great, really let the cat out amongst the pigeons. Since the Premier League formed it's been a lot easier to predict who will win the league due to the likes of Man Utd's stock market flotation and regular TV income, allowing them to invest in players... if you can't beat 'em - Join 'em, and Walker did this with Blackburn in 1995, Arsenal doing it and then onto Abramovich.

Look back throughout the history of this league and you'll see a trend of seasons which have been more exciting for the neutral fan has been when multiple clubs have been competing very close at the top (like the Newcastle King Kev season)
and at the bottom for survival...

Me personally I'd rather the transfer system scrapped and we had a draft system like in The States, which would allow most clubs to compete, less likely to have the Portsmouth/Leeds/Rangers incidents where clubs go into debt to buy players... sure would be shit for us as we just buy whoever we want - but it creates a more equal playing field which is more sustainable.
Same with Salary Capping.

Yes & Yes... have a lot of time for Mancini, very classy Manager and even if we don't win anything this season he's made progress I'm happy with.

50/50

Same as this season, competing for the League and a definite Champs League progression, quarter finals?
Domestic cups I'm not too bothered about, I feel we should be using our young talent such as Denis Suarez and John Guidetti in these cups.

David Silva. Alot has happened but I remind myself where this club has been and think it could easily slip away... But soon as He made that pass to Dzeko to make it 6-1 against the Rags I realised where we are now interms of quality... Immense player.

The negative press. constantly reading bullshit that's purely written to rally other football fans into reading this shit. The more you read, the more you believe and the more money they will make.
We've been whored by the media to cover their columns and news channels, gossip websites... I can take the stories but when I speak with other fans from other clubs - they actually believe these stories - it's crazy.

Brendan Rodgers. His football at Swansea has been great to watch, I wasn't too impressed by them at the start of the season when they came to our stadium, but when we went down to their stadium the football they played was upper-premier league quality.... Playing the game the correct way.

Alan Pardew. I was surprised really as when Barton, Nolan, Enrique, Carroll All left I thought You guys would struggle as Enrique in particular I was impressed by. But he's made some decent signings, had you guys playing together as a team and the football has been good to watch (Hopefully you'll be shit against us)

Too many to name.

Too many to name. It's scary, really is...

Ben Arfa, Cisse, and he hasn't scored much recently (Ba) I have a feeling he'll come back and get some against us after this drought :(

City 6-1 Rags, and Newcastle 3-0 Rags

Hmm, Anfield was an absolute shit atmosphere... Full of tourist's, where's that infamous Kop Roar? all sky marketing bullshit.
Swansea away... We lost 1-0 but their fans way before they scored were singing non-stop, constantly making noise, Superb support, crap result for us :(

3-2 to City. We need to stop you guys from scoring first.

This is not the opinion of most city fans, but do you want a nice guy off the field but who's a liability on it like balotelli or a muppet who is a world class footballer and consistently does the business and never lets you down on the pitch? By the way there are also nice guys off the pith who are world class players at our club who bleed blue blood I.e kompany and hart.

Id like him to be moved on but can't see it due to fee and wages. plus Mancini bums him.

Noones arsed about the Europa league here. Champs league- group of death, points tally would have seen us qualify for next round on all but 3 occasions in the competions history. Tough group, first season, unlucky.

Lead was never 8 points, only 5 and we got back on track because the scum fucked it up.
And because Tevez came back into starting 11- world class player who brings best out of aguero.

Time will tell

Yes. Hate them more after this season and the way in which they handled the whole Suarez affair. Also dalglish is a c@nt.

Glad. They stopped the scum winning plus Do you want same winners every season like Spain or 4 or 5 teams in with a shout at start of season?

Yes

the same as at any other club.

Champions of England. Quarter final of champions league. Striker or 2 depending on who leaves, winger, central midfielder, central defender.

Kompany. Closely followed by Hart. Aguero silva class but not consistent.

Away performances from November- March.

Mancini, Pardew, redknapp , wenger, lambert, Rodgers, Hodgson, ferguson- to be in with a chance of still winning the league with the largely average squad of players he has is credit to him.

RVP. Rooney. Kompany. Hart. Silva. Aguero. Cisse. Tiote. Cabaye. Bale. Holt. Krul. Dempsey.
Mata. Valencia.

Tevez always. Aguero when he's on it. Yaya when he's at the races. Silva and Nasri can hurt you with a pass at any given moment.

Cisse. Ba. Ben Arfa- they are your danger men. Cabaye and Tiote also
Top notch in middle of the park.

Has to be the 6-1 at the swamp and without city then Arsenal vs Chelsea at Stamford bridge.

Hate Liverpool, everton, Chelsea and obviously united fans.

Always fond of the Geordies, similar to us, also stoke at their old ground make it intimidating for the opposition even if they are full of pie eating rough folk, good set of fans to their team.

If we play at our best we will win. If we fall even slightly below par we will drop points. Too close to call.

I was pleased that the Club made a stance against him which ultimately cost Tevez best part of £10m in fines, and image rights payments. I believe we were the only club because of our owners that could have made that stance. He's back now says he wants to say and is scoring goals. One thing is for sure him and Kun up top are a different kettle of fish than Dzeko or Ballotelli. Their work rate is awesome.

He's become a cult figure without having earned his spurs in my opinion. A great talent will it be wasted? Who knows. Mancini is probably the only manager that can handle him. He just needs to settle down a wee bit.

A tough group and a steep learning curve. To reach 10 points in that group was a great achievement. One of only four teams ever not to qualify for the knockout stages after getting 10 points in the group stages.

I think we only ever had an 8 point lead with United still to play normally straight after us. United on the other hand have thrown an 8 point lead away after both us and them had played the same amount of games.

This FFP regime will make sure that teams like Newcastle, Sunderland, Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds will never ever sit at the top table. We managed to get in before the drawbridge was raised forever. Platini's plan is ill conceived and will protect the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, etc for ever.

To be honest in the 70's I used to hate Liverpool now I couldn't give a monkeys toss. Life's too short for me I just want to see my team be succesful, last season was fantastic with that FA Cup win.

At the time I applauded them. We were in the 3rd tier of English football. Any team that could prevent United from winning was OK by me. Now we are in a position to do that ourselves.

I think he will be...will he get a new contract extension from June of next year, not sure. If he does it means we've been successful.

The players win games and lose games. I'd say players 60% management 40%

Just to continue winning football matches. Our home form has been awesome, away from home we've been good but not great. We desperately need a quality Centre Half. We struggled when both Kompany and Lescot were injured/suspended. K Toure is reasonably solid and young Savic is just that young and inexperienced.

For me David Silva is the best ever footballer I've seen. He's awesome, unfortunately he's been carrying an ankle knock for a couple of months. Nasri in the last few weeks is finding his feet in a new team and City. He will be a major asset next season thats for sure.

Not sure. The media coverage has been pretty brutal at times, but to be honest I don't give to hoots what they think.

Pardew has been a revelation as has Brendan Rodgers and Lambert at Norwich.
Also has Di Matteo done enough to earn a permanent contract at Chelski?

Goals are King in the Premier League, so the usual suspects Rooney, Van Persie, and also the lad that plays for Newcastle Cisse 12 goals in 13 games! Hope it's 12 goals in 14 after todays game.

The front 4 + Yaya + our over lapping fullbacks, + our bench if it's not going well.

Cisse, Ben Arfa, Cabaye

The 4-0 win over WBA when we thought it was all over, and the 1-0 home win by Wigan over Utd to get us back in it.

Least: Wolves fans for the treatment of big Mick. The grass is always greener
Most: Newcastle always have a great sense of humour, like ourselves.

I want us to win, any win will do. Will we who knows 3 weeks ago we were dead and buried now we are on the crest of a wave. If we play 100% to our capabilities we will win simple as. If were are 80% and your at 100% we won't. Pardew has worked wonders for your team and I actually want you to qualify for the Chumps league. Unfortunately I don't want it to be at the expense of 3 very important points for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.