Questions From a United Forum

Ducado

Team supported
City
The original post somehow got lost in the pre-match thread, I will merge the other answers into this one the guy who posted it was robbie1973

Please be civil, they are fair and honest questions

Hello, I am an admin on the Manchester United forum "United Reds", many of us moving over from Red Cafe. First of all this is not intended to be any attempt at flaming each others clubs, merely an attempt to gauge the feelings heading into Tueday nights game. This season we are doing a feature called 'Ask The Opposition', where we go on forums of opposition teams prior to the match and ask questions before posting the responses in a thread on there.

If any of you could answer any of these questions (answer as many/or as few as you want), it would be much appreciated. Our site address is <a class="postlink" href="http://www.unitedreds.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.unitedreds.net/</a> We will also, if you allow us to, also publish the answers to the questions as a blog and will link you guys to it. Again, if that is ok with you.

Question 1

Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities?

Question 2

Do you think that you are in with a good shout of winning the league?

Question 3

Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities?

Question 4

Who is your most hated Manchester United player and why?

Question 5

What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success?

Question 6

What does Manchester United versus Manchester City mean to you as a fan?

Question 7

We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why?

Question 8

Do you ever miss the atmosphere at Maine Road compared to the Etihad stadium?

Question 9

What are your predictions for the game this Sunday?

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to responding to all questions and most important of all, your honesty.

Question 1 - Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities?
A truly underwhelming appointment and it's evident he was holding Everton back because they're now an attractive side to watch. What abilities? He's won nothing.

Question 2 - Do you think that you are in with a good shout of winning the league?
Yes as it's in our own hands. Chelsea's continued run in Europe and Liverpool's inexperience should see us over the line.

Question 3 - Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities?
It's hard to pick one but Fernandinho has been brilliant. I'd say Nasri is the most improved but then there's Kolarov too.

Question 4 - Who is your most hated Manchester United player and why?
Phil Jones is comedy goal but Van Persie looks like a shithouse. Always has done. He's an injury prone show pony.

Question 5 - What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success?
A wonderful man who believes football should be attacking and entertaining. We'll continue to improve in the CL but may not win it under him.

Question 6 - What does Manchester United versus Manchester City mean to you as a fan?
It's the derby and will be watched the world over. They're usually entertaining and it's a great, but nervous, occasion.

Question 7 - We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why?
60,000 empty seats...

Question 8 - Do you ever miss the atmosphere at Maine Road compared to the Etihad stadium?
Occasionally but the Etihad is now good because there's history there. A title won etc.

Question 9 - What are your predictions for the game this Sunday?
? Spurs 1 - 1 Southampton. Do you mean Tuesday? 1-2.

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to responding to all questions and most important of all, your honesty.
Thanks.

Ducado said:
Question 1

Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities?

I thought at the time he was a safe appointment but the correct one who could lean on Ferguson for advice but also be ruthless. My one concern was at Everton he couldn't handle ego's, Van Der Meyde and Drenthe.
Question 2

Yes but I still think Chelsea will win the league.
Question 3

Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities?

Garcia since Christmas has went from being beyond bat turd and a poor mans Lee Cattermole to a decent holding midfielder.
Yaya or Fernandinho, wouldn't swap either for any other central midfielder in the league.
Question 4

Rooney, he has a great record against us, constantly in the refs ear trying to play referee.
Question 5

What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success?

Debatable, Barca was a big chance for him to show we were 100% correct to get rid of Mancini but he got his tactics all wrong. Granted I was beyond drunk for the first leg but we never got in amongst them and playing Kolarov and Clichy together on the one side was bizarre.
Question 6

Good against evil, a chance for the blues to shut the arrogant workmates up for a couple days, a locally supported fan base against a bunch of glory hunting band wagon jumpers from Glasgow to Sydney and back again.

Question 7

We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why?

article-2136236-12D96092000005DC-851_634x397.jpg

Question 8

Nope, the atmosphere was overrated to me and the surrounding areas weren't the greatest.
Question 9

If you mean Tuesday then I predict I'll be tanked up on Guinness and hopefully celebrating a win.
Not a problem. Stick around. We can take about abortions or how to make steak pie over in the cellar.

Ducado said:
Question 1

Fantastic appointment, I see no evidence of him ever getting the best out the players and it pleases me so.

Question 2

Silly question, there are 11 games left and if we win them all, we win the league. We could win the league and lose and draw a game depending on other results.

Question 3

Easier to answer who hasn't played particularly well this season. Hart had a few bad games, as did MDM, also Negredo but on the whole the whole team have played well through-out and deserve to be in the reckoning.

Question 4

Rooney without question. He's dirty, over aggresive and a cheat to boot

Question 5

So far so good, to be honest I don't see a huge shift in the way we play now than under Mancini. That ain't no bad thing, I think we are more attacking and his signings have been very good.

Question 6

It's not the biggest game of the season anymore, but it's still the best feeling to beat your 'local' rivals

Question 7

Other than the 6 - 1, It's the 3 - 1 win at Maine Road in 2003. Goater's 2nd when he dinked it over Barthez was sublime

Question 8

I wonder why this question is here, call me a cynic but I believe you want people to say, I never went to Maine Road, I only started supporting City since they moved to Eastlands.

Question 9

Tuesday. Depends, United need the whole team to turn up to win. I'll go for 0 - 4 due to the fact Kompany is back, Yaya is bang at it, and Silva seems to love this game..

Question 1

Great appointment but he needs time. Give him a couple of summer transfer windows and £200 million and then you will see his worth.

Question 2

We re in with a shout but its going to be a close call. The next 3 games will be crucial.

Question 3

Depends what you mean by "the last season or so". On his day and for the first half of this season Aguero was unstoppable. Yaya has been consistently awesome and Vinnie as well. Silva is just a pearl of a player and if he stays fit then we will always be challenging for the top trophies. Hard to pick an overall best player really as we have so much quality.

Nasri and Kolarov have improved from the previous 2 years without a doubt.

Question 4

Camelgob without a doubt. Still love that picture of an irate Turdinhand clutching a smiling Mario's shirt at the end of the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley because he celebrated in the direction of all those red empty seats

Question 5

He's found his first season difficult and maybe should have been more cautious away from home. Those dropped points have meant there is no more margin for error. We've got a lot of tough away fixtures now and dropped a lot of points against easier opposition. However, all-in-all he's done well. We progressed out of the Group in the CL and matched Barca over two legs. We've played some very attractive football and scored more goals than I can ever remember. Its been a very enjoyable ride. Even if we don't win the Premiership we will be stronger next season with a couple of new acquisitions.

Question 6

Still the game I want us to win the most when all other considerations such as points and trophies are taken out of the analysis. Also the game I least want us to lose.

Question 7

The 'sick swan' obviously and especially as we went on to win the title on goal difference as well which gave the match a retrospective added ingredient.

Question 8

The atmosphere was great at Maine Road but there were also flat games when the atmosphere dropped. The Etihad atmosphere will grow with trophies and history. The ground will become associated with success and flowing, attacking football and Champions League nights.

Question 9

I'm always cautious with derbys and I assume you mean the derby on Tuesday. I'd be happy with a tight 0-1 win. Everyone's having a go at Gollum but he'll get his players up for this game like he did against the Greeks. Just hope it isn't decided by a refereeing decision and that we manage to keep 11 men on the pitch for 90 minutes

Ducado said:
Question 1

Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities? thought Moyes was a strange choice - mediocre manager and now managing mediocre players. Fergie was able to get the best out of them Moyes can't. I do think he will stay until the end of the season but who is going to replace him? That is the question

Question 2

yes, it's in our hands
Question 3

Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities? For me Nasri, he plays with joy

Question 4

Who is your most hated Manchester United player and why? Rooney, no loyalty

Question 5

What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success? Loved Mancini but he did seem to lose the players. Bit perplexed sometimes about pellegrini's team selections

Question 6

What does Manchester United versus Manchester City mean to you as a fan? Absolutely hate derbys, make me feel sick even now when we are so much better and utd aren't doing well. Anything can happen!

Question 7

We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why? the 1-6 at the swamp, was invited by a friend of many years in a box. Only 2 of us were blues - best game I have ever attended for the banter and feeling of elation at the score

Question 8

Do you ever miss the atmosphere at Maine Road compared to the Etihad stadium? Loved Maine rd - used to stand on the kippax but those days are gone and the etihad is a great stadium but somewhat quiet

Question 9

What are your predictions for the game this Sunday? tuesday - I hope we will have a goal fest - but so unpredictable you never know!

Question 1

I really think it's been a massive culture shock for him personally. The level of expectation at Everton compared to Man U must have blown his mind. In addition, the players appear to have let him down badly but Phil Neville on your coaching staff? Come on, what's that all about.
Question 2

50/50 to be honest. Yes we can win it but it will be harder than last time. If we do win it, it will be an incredible achievement given that we play Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and Man U away from home.
Question 3

Toure, Silva, Kompany, difficult to pick one in particular. This season both Kolorov, Garcia and Samir Nasri seem to have benefitted from a different style of management
Question 4

Buchan / Keane, ask Colin Bell and Alfie Haarland why.
Question 5

Don't know and actually (other than the obvious financial reasons) not that bothered. If we do have any success in it, I hope it's through playing the way we do with some style (which to be fair Man U have usually tried to do) rather than boring the arse of sides in the 'style' of Chelsea.
Question 6

let's be honest, it's gone from a game where we expected to get beat, but knew we could win to a game where we expect to win, but know we could lose
Question 7

1 nil home win 2012. Kompany's reaction was superb and I thought it showed that our players thought they would win the league and that the United players thought we would too.
Question 8

Yes, but don't miss pissing against the wall
Question 9

City should win, but see Q 6. Aguero is a massive loss against Man U because Jones seems to have a nightmare against his type of player as shown against Liverpool and Suarez. The bottom line is, you don't need the points, so it would be nice if you just rolled over and took one for Manchester!!
I would like to thank you all for taking the time to responding to all questions and most important of all, your honesty.[/quote]

Question 1

Honest view is for me at least not to bad, i am from the area myself so have red mates and my father family is red also.
I find many fans a bit cringe worthy but it is unavoidable when your marketing machine works to get any fence sitters or markets with no historical affinity with the sport.
I feel Ferguson sold you down the river and was not honest with the heart of the club aka the fans regarding the state of the club internally (debt affecting recruitment). I feel he saw a few years back your structure would see you weaken but he kept up the chemical ali style front.
Moyes inherited a poison chalice, i simply can't speculate if he really is good enough for a top club as i feel so many issues were against him from the start, ageing players with a childish loyalty to ferguson for example.
Regarding under performing players it is hard as ferguson did manage to knit a team out of many average players disguising some weakness and accentuating the strengths.
In my opinion though Wio has been a disgrace, maybe not performance wise but who the fuck does he think he is tweeting some of the shit he does.
Moyes is manager and your old and always injured, accept your getting the boot after many years of fine service like a man and not a whining adolescent (really felt bad for Moyes with all this stuff tbh).
The recent Giggs moans should never have been said either.
On field i would say RVP has been dire, Rooney is in a starting 11 that seems to be still in flux so he has not been able to get going but maybe not all his fault.
As for the rest i do not think they have under performed much but are simply playing at a standard they would do under most managers and many are getting on a bit now to.

Question 2

Defo, it is in our hands but we have a tough run in, still i would rather this than Chelsea's position.
That is not blue specs but a genuine optimism we can win all our remaining games.

Question 3

I would say Fernandinho has given us a great upgrade in midfield and Kun and Negredo gave us a cracking start to the season.
For you i have been impressed with De Gea.

Question 4

Wio, mainly for being as thick as two short planks.
His tweets and his penchant for almost pioneering the "scream in the refs face like a lunatic" even if it is a bloody throw in that was 50/50.
I wanted nothing more than a ref to turn round and punch him so hard his hair fell out when he did that crap.
He can give it out but can't it back, sign of a shithouse tbh.

Question 5

I like him, i like his calm demeanor and his footballing ethos
Yes he has the tactical nouse and the tools at his disposal.

Question 6

As a kid i remember being at brookside garden centre and suddenly being ripped of the train that took you around (it was free then) and going directly back to the car, we did not pass go nor collect 200.
This was so my dad who forgot (seemingly) could get back to the capri and get the radio on and listen to it...half the car park had a bloke in the car and not a woman in sight.
As i grew up i realized what all those men were doing and it made me aware of what a big match the reds v blues was.
Since that realization it has always been fiercely contested and the atmosphere is a notch up from any other match in the stadium.

Question 7

I will say the 5-1, Pallister was at the time "that man" and he along with the rest of your defence had a long day.
Admittedly Bruce was out if memory serves.
My dads face was like thunder and so was every other sods in the house besides mine, i like that.

Question 8

I am not a sentimental person really so no, i remember it fondly but do not yearn to go back to it as some may.

Question 9

Sunday ?, if you mean Tuesday's match then i as always i am unsure, it is the Derby but now the tides have turned it is us who would be the scalp.
If we are on our game though 0-2 seems a reasonable score.

Question 1 - Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities?
Moyes is a good manager. Sadly for him he got shafted by Ferguson who didn't replace many members of an ageing squad in his last 3 seasons. Ferguson concentrated on a fast counter attacking game which can win the Prem, but frankly will achieve Sweet FA in Europe where you need to be able to keep possession as well. Moyes compounded the problem by trying to play a better game with the existing squad. Will he survive? Doubt it - too much work to do to to rebuild the squad.

Question 2 - Do you think that you are in with a good shout of winning the league?
Chelsea are favourites with their run in. But it's in City's own hands - though it really is a tough run in. City being City though, anything is possible.

Question 3 - Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities?
Undoubtedly Fernandinho with YaYa close behind. Nasri is the most improved with Kolarov not far behind.

Question 4 - Who is your most hated Manchester United player and why?
Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering.
I just ignore them except for comedy gold moments that many deliver when playing against or talking about City!

Question 5 - What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success?
Jury out. It looks as though we will improved under Manual Pellegrini but I doubt we will win the CL under him. He has to prove he can win the league first.

Question 6 - What does Manchester United versus Manchester City mean to you as a fan?
A nervous day. Great if you win. Bad if you lose. Judging by how many turn up for work after a defeat, City fans are better able to take the knocks.

Question 7 - We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why?
The 1-0 Wembley FA cup semi, the 6-1 at Old Trafford and the 1-0 win that set up the Premiership title. The last is probably my favourite as Utd had zero attempts on goal that day. I couldn't believe Utd's negative tactics in that match the epitome of handing the opposition the initiative.

Question 8 - Do you ever miss the atmosphere at Maine Road compared to the Etihad stadium?
Occasionally but only for the old Maine Road - pre Plat Lane modernisation.

Question 9 - What are your predictions for the game this Sunday?
City 3 - Sunderland 1 (The day the derby was originally scheduled on).
If you mean this Tuesday, I don't do predictions as I always get them wrong.
Statistically, a lot depends on who scores first. If City score first then it will be a long night for Utd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.