Questions From a United Forum

The original post somehow got lost in the pre-match thread, I will merge the other answers into this one the guy who posted it was robbie1973

Please be civil, they are fair and honest questions

Hello, I am an admin on the Manchester United forum "United Reds", many of us moving over from Red Cafe. First of all this is not intended to be any attempt at flaming each others clubs, merely an attempt to gauge the feelings heading into Tueday nights game. This season we are doing a feature called 'Ask The Opposition', where we go on forums of opposition teams prior to the match and ask questions before posting the responses in a thread on there.

If any of you could answer any of these questions (answer as many/or as few as you want), it would be much appreciated. Our site address is <a class="postlink" href="http://www.unitedreds.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.unitedreds.net/</a> We will also, if you allow us to, also publish the answers to the questions as a blog and will link you guys to it. Again, if that is ok with you.

Question 1

Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities?

At the time I felt Moyes was a poor appointment. It would appear that indeed he was actually holding Everton back. Was a big mistake from him IMO to get rid of the whole backroom team. Onto united and I expect Tuesday to be a tough game but clearly hoping our better quality can win the game for city.

Question 2

Do you think that you are in with a good shout of winning the league?

We are definitely in the race, it looks like a 3 horse race now. We need 4 points minimum from the next 2 away games. The danger is that Chelsea and Liverpool have easier run-ins.

Question 3

Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities?

Our best player is probably David silva. When he plays well the whole team plays well. I'd have probably said Aguero if he hadn't missed so many games. When he does play he is genuinely up their with the worlds best. From a most improved perspective Kolarov and Garcia made great strides this season while Nasri also had a good season after a poor first couple of years.

Question 4

Who is your most hated Manchester United player and why?

Definitely Ferdinand. Can't stand him and he comes across as a right cock on twitter and in interviews etc.

Question 5

What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success?

Depends what is success. I think we are some way of the best European teams, in particular Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. But if we sign the right 3-4 players in the summer who knows. I hope so he seems a good man.

Question 6

What does Manchester United versus Manchester City mean to you as a fan?

As a 42 year old man I have never looked forward to derbies. It's interesting that the tide has changed in recent years and perhaps we've shaded them results wise. For a long time we were always the underdog in derbies, perhaps the fact we'll be the favourites for Tuesdays game will be the final sign that we are now manchesters number 1 team, football wise.

Question 7

We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why?

Clearly the 6-1 will always be remembered but for me the 5-1 in 89 will always take some beating as in those days that was a much unexpected result against a strong united team.

Question 8

Do you ever miss the atmosphere at Maine Road compared to the Etihad stadium?

I think I'll always miss Maine road, it was special and will always be to me. The atmosphere at the etihad is decent for the big games but on some occasions against the smaller teams it can be fairly quiet.

Question 9

What are your predictions for the game this Sunday?

Assume you mean Tuesday. I think it's going to be a good game but think city will edge it 3-1.

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to responding to all questions and most important of all, your honesty.

1/ #SOD

2/ Yes

3/ Yaya.

4/ Buchan

5/ Excellent

6/ Tension

7/ 5-1

8/ Yes

9/ 0-0

Many thanks so far for your honest responses. Many thanks also to Ducado for creating a thread for this 'Ask the oppo...'

Question 1

Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities?

Moyes is a fantastic manager, you should do everything you can to keep him. Regarding your club as a team, they still surprise me because there is so little individual quality but are able to grind out results - you are the new Everton. As a brand I hate you.

Question 2

No thinking needed, mathematics shows we are still in charge of our destiny. Next two games will be a great indicator of whether we will make it or not.

Question 3

Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities?

David Silva has somehow improved from last season, Javi Garcia has won over most of his doubters, Kolarov as well.

Question 4

Martin Buchan (historically, for obvious reasons) & Rio Ferdinand (because he looks, sounds and acts such a div).

Question 5

What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success?

He was the right appointment to steady us and make our management structure much more professional. He is definitely the right sort of manager to take us to CL victory, but too early to say for sure.

Question 6

Always approach it as a normal game.

Question 7

We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why?

Sick swan.

Question 8

I miss the Kippax, but the ground was in a bad state of repair and badly located.

Question 9

Tuesday, I assume you mean, will be tight. We shouldn't lose but it's a derby and you never know.

Question 1

Have nothing against your club apart from the media fascination with you. We spent a lot of cash in a short space of time and get vilified for it but most of your team cost more than ours...Mata, Ferdinand, Rooney, That hairy one, Carrick, RVP etc etc all cost in the 20's and upwards and nothing is mentioned.

Moyes proved himself as a good manager but I'm not so sure he will become anything more than this. You need more than a good manager to get the quality of players in to replace your ageing stars like Giggs and Vidic.

Question 2

I think Chelsea are in the box seat as I would rather have the points than games in hand but saying that if we win our next 3 league games then it's ours for the taking.

Question 3

I could name loads like Aguero, Silva, Yaya etc etc but for sheer consistency it has to be Zabaleta. The man never quits and seems to improve season by season.

Question 4

Rooney. A completely classless individual. I fail to understand why you lot love him when every time he wants a pay rise he tries to leave. Add to that the granny shagging, hair transplant stuff and you can see why. It's not that he plays for you lot either. The rapist would come a close second.

Question 5

In a word, yes. We stuttered at the start of the season away from home as he tinkered with the formation too much but since then, apart from Chelsea at home, he's done well and is a class above Mancini.

Question 6

Everything and nothing. Beating you now is like beating everyone else the only difference this time is that we need to win and you don't as you won't make the CL this season or even 5th place unless Everton implode.

Question 7

Simple. I could say the 5-1 from the 89-90 season but it has to be the 6-1 at your place the other season. A very powerful statement of intent.

Question 8

Yup. I don't miss the stadium mind as it was cramped and stank of piss but the atmosphere definitely. I suspect it might have something to do with the lack of standing these days though as the atmosphere in every ground is absolutely crap these days.

Question 9

Spurs to win in the last minute. On Tuesday though I think it will be 3-1 to us.

Question 1
Moyes I don't think was ever going to be good enough but United are in transition. It will take a lot of spending and quality however to get a top 4 team out of them regardless of the manager.

Question 2
We are in with a very good shout providing we get results in our games in hand but there is a long way to go yet for all teams involved.

Question 3
For me Samir Nasri has come on leaps and bounds, he hasn't really done well over the last couple of games but his level has changed dramatically this season. Obviously Yaya Toure is our number one man, he's one of those that has made the difference so many times in the big games.

Question 4
At the moment I can't stand Rooney, he is a quality player but he signifies everything you can hate about United. I'm also not a fan of Ferdinand, think he's one of them who will give it to you when they are winning but he disappears when the same happens to him. Could name several here though!

Question 5
So far he has given us silverware and has given us our best Champions League run in our history. I think the jury is still out whether he will prove to be a great manager but you can't really question the type of football he has got us playing this season. I think a lot of our failings have been down to poor defending in places and that is because we have not yet resolved our lack of a quality partner for Kompany. Regardless of whether we win the league he deserves the time to get the team playing how he wants and like Mancini i'm sure he'll be judged on trophy haul over the next few years.

Question 6
It is one of the biggest games as a fan obviously but its also the one I dread the most year on year because in a derby game form and stuff like that goes out the window and we desperately need 3 points to stay in the title race.

Question 7
Clearly the 6-1 was an amazing result and the one I will remember best.... But the 1-0 win at home the same season which practically handed us control over the league was immense too.

Question 8
Of course, the atmosphere was miles better but in those days it was 200 quid for a season ticket and you could drink in the stands. Football has changed a lot and that goes for every club.

Question 9
I think with us missing Aguero we won't have the edge we have had over the last couple of years. We aren't struggling to score but Aguero has scored in every derby at Old Trafford whilst he's been here. I think United have had a couple of good results recently and don't really have anything to lose. It should be a good game but I'm going for 2-1 to us like last year.

Question 1

Despite last years title - the signs of an ageing squad were there for all to see. Moyes has walked into a very difficult job and it could take time to turn this around. he hasn't made a good start either buying players that don't address the fundamental problems. A number of the younger players at United are also hugely over rated - so moyes has a huge job to rebuild a squad that is (in some part) a combination of past it or not good enough.

Question 2

Yes - we need to take the rest of the season one game at a time.

Question 3

Best players are Toure and Silva. Aguero is incredible but he needs better fitness. Nasri and Kolarov are vastly improved this year.

Question 4

Rooney - vile in every way possible. Horrible on and off the pitch, morally bankrupt, greedy and totally disloyal.

Question 5

He is a good fit and will take us to the next level of our development.

Question 6

It used to be a chance to make a statement but now its just another game - I don't fear United anymore - sure they will beat us from time to time but our respective clubs are moving n different directions.

Question 7

5:1 in 1989 - first time as a kid I'd seen us dominate United.

Question 8

No you have to move on - Maine Road had been so badly redeveloped it belonged to another era. Good memories of Maine Road but our future looks very positive within the broader redevelopment of East Manchester. The Etihad Campus is going to be very special.

Question 9

I assume you mean Tuesday - United 1 City 2

Question 1 - Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities?
Inherited an ageing team with too much change at all levels of the club. I also think he is a defensive manager who excels at stopping opponents playing....that's what his Everton was renowned for.
Question 2 - Do you think that you are in with a good shout of winning the league?
Yes. After a bad start (7th at the end of October) we have come back gradually. I think we have the best squad, but it took us 2 months to get used to the new manager's tactics. And injuries have robbed us of both 1st choice central defenders (Kompany and Nastasic) plus Aguero for much of the season.

Question 3 - Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities?
Yaya Toure has been the best. Hart improved after a dodgy start. And Kolarov and Garcia improved from last season.

Question 4 - Who is your most hated Manchester United player and why?
RVP. I don't hate him, but don't respect him

Question 5 - What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success?
Too early to say. I like his commitment to attack.

Question 6 - What does Manchester United versus Manchester City mean to you as a fan?
A result stops the gloating

Question 7 - We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why?
The 6-1 because we knew then the title was on

Question 8 - Do you ever miss the atmosphere at Maine Road compared to the Etihad stadium?
No. Etihad is better as there's 47k versus 34k unless you want to go back to the days of standing when Maine Rd held 52k

Question 9 - What are your predictions for the game?
1-1

Question 1

I fucking hate them. Moyes is a football genius and long may he last.

Question 2

Of course, although I always thought Chelsea would take the title from you this season not us. I really really hope it’s us though.

Question 3

We have a squad of good players but Samir Nasri has performed better than I imagined he would.

Question 4

All of them.

Question 5

Time will tell. The Jury is out for me until he has been here a while longer. He seems very relaxed and calm though. He has also won a trophy already. I'm not a big fan of the Champions league really though anyway. I prefer to win domestic trophies and the league

Question 6

It is what I live for - to defeat you means the world to me. I am happy for a very long time when we humiliate you.

Question 7

Any humiliation : 5-1, 6 – 1 and the Munich win stand out

Question 8

The atmosphere at Maine Rd wasn’t always top. I miss standing terraces though and they went before Maine Rd went.

Question 9

Sunday? Tuesday will be hard to predict in all honesty. We have lost to teams we shouldn’t have this season (no disrespect but Wigan, Sunderland, Cardiff, Villa) so I predict 2 – 1 to City.

Question 1 - Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities?
"and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities", I have to disagree, he's performed exactly as expected.
And that's not a cheap shot, I honestly thought at the start of the season that you should have got Martinez. A much more entertaining manager.

Question 2 - Do you think that you are in with a good shout of winning the league?
A toss up between us, Liverpool & Chelsea (Arsenal have as expected imploded but was anyone seriously surprised?).
I think it'll be us, Chelsea and then Liverpool in 3rd.

Question 3 - Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities?
This season possibly Nasri who has been a pure joy to watch with his new found confidence under Pellegrini. Fernandinho, Yaya and Silva would be in the running.

Question 4 - Who is your most hated Manchester United player and why?
Keane, for the cowards tackle on Alf-Inge Håland

Question 5 - What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success?
Top, top guy who loves entertaining football, what's not to like? Yes to the CL question.

Question 6 - What does Manchester United versus Manchester City mean to you as a fan?
3 points.

Question 7 - We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why?
23 October 2011. You need ask?

Question 8 - Do you ever miss the atmosphere at Maine Road compared to the Etihad stadium?
No. change happens. It's a vastly better stadium which will hopefully have safe standing in the not too far future which will help.

Question 9 - What are your predictions for the game this Sunday?
Presuming you mean Tuesday possibly something like the answer to question 7...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.