Questions From a United Forum

Question 1
Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities?
I think the way Fergie's retirement was handled was very poor. Moyes was always going to struggle for 2-3 seasons but the immediate and sudden change of the majority of the backroom staff meant that Moyes never had a solid base to stand on. Add onto that that Fergie was given an appointment on the board I think it made many of the players realise that SAF was still the big man at Old Trafford. I think Moyes will stay until the end of the season, he should be given another season to turn it around before a decision is made. The other argument is who'd replace him and get the results that Moyes has lacked?

Question 2
Do you think that you are in with a good shout of winning the league?
Yes of course I do, however it's gonna go to the wire and we cannot afford to drop more than 3 points in the rest of our games this season.

Question 3
Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities?
Fernandinho has been our unsug hero. We struggled to find that midfield enforcer that De Jong was after he left, but Fernandinho is that man and he has so many other qualities to boot. When we play without him we lack creativity and pace, Toure plays so much better alongside him.
As far as "most improved" goes I think Nasri, Garcia and Kolarov are up there. They have all shown great quality this season and it was clear that Mancini's management techniques probably sapped them of all confidence.

Question 4
Who is your most hated Manchester United player and why?
All time? Roy Keane, you can probably figure out why (was nice to hear SAF hated him as well, we finally have something in common). Currently playing though it probably has to be Rooney. He often plays like a lazy sack of shite and has absolutely no loyalty and respect for his fans and club. He used the fall of United to worm his way into a new massive contract, probably with a view to leave in a year or two for a similar figure.

Question 5
What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success?
I was a really big fan of Mancini and was quite critical about his sacking, but Pelle has shown that he needed to go as his management style was hurting the team in the long term. I think there has been a lot of questionable decisions by Pellegrini, his insistence on playing Demichelis being one, but overall I'm impressed with his man management and commitment to the club. I think it should be noted this is his first season in England and we dropped a lot of points whilst he was finding his feet (Aston Villa away and Cardiff away spring to mind). Next season, with him settled, we won't drop these valuable points. Will he get us Champion's League success? No I don't think so, he's a great manager but is just a level below that.

Question 6
What does Manchester United versus Manchester City mean to you as a fan?
Biggest game of the season for me, however in recent years it has changed from being big because you are doing over your neighbours to big because it's a valuable 3 points against a Top 4 side.

Question 7
We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why?
Really hard one to choose, 6-1 would be the obvious choice but I'm going to go for FA Cup Semi-Final in 2011. In hindsight it was as important as that play-off final in 1999 in regards to our rise and successive success. Also back then it was still a shock for City to beat United, it's kinda become the norm now

Question 8
Do you ever miss the atmosphere at Maine Road compared to the Etihad stadium?
Hard question for me to answer, I went to Maine Road I think about 5 times and I can't remember much of it as I was a little too young. I will concede I miss the legendary atmosphere of the Kippax, I'd have loved to have been a part of that in its heyday. However by all accounts the Etihad is a much nicer stadium with great facilities. The atmosphere is certainly improving and I'm glad the club has recognised and actively engaged with us fans about improving the atmosphere. So do I miss Maine Road? No.

Question 9
What are your predictions for the game this Sunday?
I'll assume you meant the Derby on Tuesday. Surprisingly hard to predict, I think the United players will be well up for it, especially as there is a general feeling that they have "turned a corner" this season. I'll go for 3-2 to City.

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to responding to all questions and most important of all, your honesty.
No worries

Question 1

Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities?
I never rated Moyes when he was Everton Manager. He plays negative football and that is not the way to go nowadays. But, I also hate the managerial merry go rounds that go on, give a manager a fair crack of the whip.

Question 2

Yes I do, we play exciting football and it is always interesting. I've been supporting City long enough to never take anything for granted but I love the team, they play for each other and appear to always have a smile on their faces in training.

Question 3

Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities?
I think Kompany has grown in stature over the last couple of seasons. He always had a special quality but since becoming Captain it seems to have given him more assurance. People said Zabaleta wasn't as good as RIchards but he has proved that he is a stalwart and will bring another dimension to the side. Milner and Lescott are two unsung heroes, in my opinion and they are still improving.

Question 4

I don't actually hate any player (or anyone for that matter) but my most disliked player is Roy Keane, if we are talking of past players. Of your present crop Giggs, he is an arrogant so and so with an ego the size of a house doe no known reason.

Question 5

What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success?

Yes, Pellegrini is a great manager in my opinion, from what I hear he has transformed the dressing room and his man-management skills seem to be extremely good. He is cool, calm and collected. Long may he stay with us. I am certain he will take us to Champions League success very soon. Rome wasn't built in a day!!

Question 6

These days? Just another match. In the past I worried but now I just get slightly anxious!!

Question 7

We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why?

The 1-6 at your place, I won't go to your place these days because I won't pay to help pay off the Glaziers loans(!) and also because of the way we were treated after the Carling Cup 2nd leg match.

Question 8

No, because we still have a great atmosphere at the Etihad. I miss Maine Road for the 'intimacy' of the smaller ground but I love the Etihad and, although some don't agree with me, the great atmosphere.

Question 9

I will assume you mean Tuesday and just say.............................. I never, ever predict. Sorry.

Question 1

Terrible appointment, personally I don't think he has the winning mentality, or the name to control big egos. Out of his depth and the media keep dressing up his dross. As the quote goes "you can dress and put make up on a pig, but it's still a pig".

Question 2

Yes, I don't feel like we are going to do it for some reason which is how I felt when we clawed back those 8 points to win it, so in that sense I feel like we are going to win it. If that makes sense.

Question 3

Nasri has this new found hunger and desire to win. He has improved tremendously since the back end of last season. We are a completely different animal when we have Fernandinho in our side and I'm glad that Hart has found his form again.

If I had to choose for sheer improvement both defensively and attacking wise, with Clichy not having much form of the last year or so, Kolarov. The LB has often been a soft spot with us, but he's helped shore that up for us this season with some excellent performances, and a few goals and healthy amount of assists.

Best player overall, Nasri.

Question 4

Present - Rio Ferdinand. Thick as pig shit and proof that money cannot buy intelligence. Annoying, unfunny, ugly prick who gobs off about far too much.

Question 5

I like him, a likeable chap unlike Moroniho and we have played some of the best football I've seen us play under him. I'm not sure on European success, though I'd rather do it domestically for years.

Question 6

A time to remind all the "die hard United fans" that I've seen their team play more times than they ever have. Which isn't hard as it's probably a collective total of once for them.
I hate derbies until we've won them and the whistle has gone. But the once up and coming is more about us bagging the points to get in the mix for the title.

Question 7

6-1, the best game I have probably been to.

Question 8

I don't remember much about Maine Road as I was a young lad. But the Etihad feels like home enough to me.

Question 9

I think we will lose, I always do. I will take a scrappy 1-0 win though with Dzeko bagging a 80th minute winner.

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to responding to all questions and most important of all, your honesty.

Question 1

Still to soon to say if Moyes will do well at Utd, you will not know for certain until the end of next season and see what changes to your team are made over the summer and into next season and how that works out.
Current Utd squad not as good as previous teams over 5 - 10 years ago, but still should be top 4 challenger and you still have a team capable of producing on the day, its just that it has not happened enough for you this season. Van Persie seems disinterested when he has played, and yet was your key player last season. His poor season has been the main problem I believe for you this year.

Question 2

I think whoever wins from the Liverpool v Chelsea game will win the league as are fixtures are more difficult and I think we will drop several points by losing at Liverpool and any one from Utd, Arsenal or Everton away.

Question 3

Vincent Kompany is now the key player at City and who we feel represents City most on the pitch. There has been some improvement from Kolarov , but Nasri still has some more to do for me. Clichy has gone backwards

Question 4

Probably Wayne Rooney, mainly arising from a dig at City he made about 'giving City a football lesson' re the Charity Shield game in 2012. He is still your best player though at present and we fear him mots on Tuesday.

Question 5

Again as with Moyes we will not no for sure until the end of next season. Our Current team not quite good enough to win the Champions League. A couple of new players could change that though.

Question 6

The most important and dreaded game of the season all in one. Winning the derby is fantastic, losing a misery.

Question 7

The 4-0 victory by City at Maine Road in 1975 in the League Cup which we went on to win in 1976 v Newcastle. This was the last time, (until maybe recently), when I believe we had the edge on Utd. Other victories more raising our game on the day and overcoming the odds type victories.

Question 8

Atmosphere can be great at the Etihad given the right circumstances, opposition and game importance

Question 9

On Tuesday probably a draw, but can easily see a win for Utd or City. If it was at City I would say a City win, but at Old Trafford Utd could easily win. Literally a 50-50 chance game I think.

Question 1

Can't believe you just let Fergie basically give him the job. If you give Moyes the transfer pot I suspect it could take you 20+ years to recover. Anybody can make a mistake but to keep going with it and actually make it worse would be unbelievable so by all means #SaveDave and give him the money. As for the last part of the question all of your senior players apart from Giggs have let you down and I bet you don't see much of RVP as he saves himself for Rio (Sic)

Question 2

Think we have a decent chance as everybody will drop points here and there. Mind you the way we won it last time will never be repeated or as good.

Question 3

Silva is a genius. Garcia has improved significantly recently.

Question 4

Shrek stands for everything I hate about MU. Arrogant, greedy and no loyalty at all. A good manager would not have offered him a new and bigger contract. They would have got rid and started rebuilding a club ethos and club values.

Question 5

We are playing good football that has been a pleasure to watch and we have taken another step forward. We were naïve in Europe but everything takes time to build.

Question 6

The match to share with my old school Manchester mates and neighbours. Saw the run of City victories with Bell Lee and Summerbee and always thought Booky kept Besty in his back pocket for most of them. Then for years it was about praying that we would not be embarrassed with odd great occasions like the 5-1 "what a waste of Money" and the 3-1 "Garry Neville is a blue" matches. So though I know City are the stronger/better team I also know that there will be occasional upsets.

question 7

The sick swan. We knew that you knew that things had changed. All those empty seats really did speak volumes. for this reason I actually respected you staying and singing to the end at the debacle v Liverpool.

Question 8

45 years of watching City there were good but the Etihad is a superb stadium and when we moved they made sure that we all stayed sitting with the same people. We really were there when we were **** and we are still there now.

Question 9

City should win and probably will but anything can happen in a derby. With luck you won't be embarrassed! Of course a good win for you could set up #SaveDave for the future. It might guarantee him being given your £200 million transfer pot so that he can buy even more players to play out of position or slow the pace down even more. Given this possibility do you really want to win this one?

Good evening everyone. Due to the number of replies received, we couldn't get everyones opinion with regards to the questions. Secondly, I would like to thanks those who pointed out the error with regards to the date of the match, which is tonight and last Sunday as previously stated; Thirdly, we would like to thank those who have responded openly and honestly with us, which was the idea to be honest. I have created a back link to your forum with regards to the blog too. Here is the link to the blog for those who would like to read it and perhaps have a little laugh along the way. Let us hope for a god, open and entertaining match and may the best team win.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.unitedreds.net/xfa-blog-entry/ask-the-oppo-manchester-city.25/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.unitedreds.net/xfa-blog-entr ... r-city.25/</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.