Queues

I had a walk round most of the ground before the game and everything seemed calm and under control, contrary to my worst fears.

Got to K and was in very quickly (but I had a paper ticket as I knew that worked!) Heard various tales from people around me. Some got in with no issue using NFC, some didn't and needed the barcode and one person near me has 6 season tickets so the steward just let all of them in.

We will be asking the club for feedback of course but it certainly doesn't seem to have been the large scale disaster it could have been, so that's a huge relief.

All the complaints I've had were about the food and beverage service. The catering company appears to have completely underestimated the demand and been woefully underprepared, in terms of both stock and manpower.
They ran out of lager and cider at half time (this was a bar serving only lager and cider). Only small tweaks needed to fix things - extra fucking barrels

On Android (Google Pay) just under the image of the season card there's a 'Show code' text line. Clicking that brings up the barcode and the phone is actually inserted into the reader with the barcode facing up.

I think it might be different on iPhone Apple Pay.

Not sure how to get a screenshot on my phone.
iPhone you just hold the phone to the scanner and it comes up and scans green automatically

Got to the tram stop and saw the next tram was in 32 minutes to (Eccles) and the one after that was 34 minutes (to Eccles) so decided to walk. Fuck off metrolink

Those moaning about queues and searches would be the first to slag the club off if god forbid anyone did get in with evil intent

Somebody always makes this statement everytime but as the MEN tragedy proved you don't have to go into the event to kill and maim people. At a football game there are countless easier and more crowded areas, some with little chance to get away, where more damage could be done. I've no objection to holding my arms out while someone runs a scanner over me I just wish sometimes they'd move a little quicker instead of dawdling.

Somebody always makes this statement everytime but as the MEN tragedy proved you don't have to go into the event to kill and maim people. At a football game there are countless easier and more crowded areas, some with little chance to get away, where more damage could be done. I've no objection to holding my arms out while someone runs a scanner over me I just wish sometimes they'd move a little quicker instead of dawdling.
I think the argument here is how strict they are. I’ve noticed they scan everyone quite thoroughly until the crowds build nearer to kick off and they probably start to feel the pressure and rush people through in fear of people missing kick off

Me again with another rant. They had what seemed to be a speed bar outside 105a which just served lager and cider. Was a dream before kick off as nobody seemed to know it was there and bypassed massive queues at the other bar but it was shut at half time?!

Glad to hear Pete the Badge was there - even if that scenario was a right pain for him.

Reminded me of the time late 70's / early 80's when me and two of my mates had punk studded leather jackets and the 3 of us always got searched at away games piling off the coach. One of the two, Alan, bought a jacket with many, many zips all over it. They were just zips. You couldn't put anything in them.
We arrived at Villa Park and the West Midlands Finest pulled the 3 of us to one side whilst everyone else just walked off and away. This one twat of a Dibble spent minutes unzipping each and every one of his zips before sending him on his way.

I've no idea why they were taking so long with Pete. He was at that table when I got in the queue and still there when I went in. As I passed he was putting elastic bands around that ancient City butty box he has, probably to hold it together. Everyone must know the bloke by now, he's a great eccentric and unless he's been radicalised rather quickly I doubt that box is a danger to anyone. He travels from down south and often stays overnight in Blackpool so he needs to fetch some stuff with him. Next he'll have to pay £5 to put it in a bloody locker if it not the right size.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.