Queues

It is a case of damned if you do damned if you don't I guess. The searches stop and a bomb goes off inside there would be outrage but like everyone else I doubt how effective and thorough they are. The modern day terrorist would appear to want to kill as many people as possible and themselves as well. I am not going to to say how they could achieve this but they could cause carnage and mayhem before they even got to the turnstile searches as everyone knows.

It is a case of damned if you do damned if you don't I guess. The searches stop and a bomb goes off inside there would be outrage but like everyone else I doubt how effective and thorough they are. The modern day terrorist would appear to want to kill as many people as possible and themselves as well. I am not going to to say how they could achieve this but they could cause carnage and mayhem before they even got to the turnstile searches as everyone knows.

I agree that the club would (rightfully) get an unbelievable amount of **** if something bad happened and they hadn't taken precautions.

The solution is to have more people doing the checks though as it's too slow having one guy at each turnstyle patting everyone down.

But searches should be based on a likelihood of threat, which there doesn't seem to be as other grounds don't seem to be doing it on the same scale. Like I say, unless you search every single person, what's the point?.

The irony (is it ironic?) that you go to Wembley and the security is minimal, very little searches going on. The only games held here are the biggest with the most fans, a very high profile target, yet they have even less security than we do.

Last edited:
But searches should be based on a likelihood of threat, which there doesn't seem to be as other grounds don't seem to be doing it on the same scale. Like I say, unless you search every single person, what's the point?.

Other clubs don't have owners from Abu Dhabi.

Much as the ignorant perception would be otherwise, the wealth and influence of the U.A.E is just as much a target as the rest of the West.

In a crowd of 54 thousand and excluding the away fans at least 40 thousand of these must be season ticket holders and many long serving season ticket holders. Now unless they have suddenly become radicalised it is extremely unlikely they pose a threat. The trick is how to not inconvenience these people with unnecessary searches and make sure the others are vetted at the same time. Perhaps a perimeter where season cards are checked and you go through unhindered, no season card you are searched? It is difficult but the present method is shoddy and useless.

In a crowd of 54 thousand and excluding the away fans at least 40 thousand of these must be season ticket holders and many long serving season ticket holders. Now unless they have suddenly become radicalised it is extremely unlikely they pose a threat. The trick is how to not inconvenience these people with unnecessary searches and make sure the others are vetted at the same time. Perhaps a perimeter where season cards are checked and you go through unhindered, no season card you are searched? It is difficult but the present method is shoddy and useless.

That's called profiling...

I'm pretty sure a terrorist might also be able to get hold of a season card.

The irony (is it ironic?) that you go to Wembley and the security is minimal, very little searches going on. The only games held here and the biggest with the most fans, a very high profile target, yet they have even less security than we do.
Unless you have a big brolly or flag or worse are drunk as fuck attempting to smuggle a tinny in

Question.

Do people going into the corporate areas get the same search as everyone else ?

Yes they do apparently. I'm guessing they are already in the foyer of whichever side of the stadium they are at but as far as I am aware they do get searched.

But what happens if a season card holder lets someone else use their card?

The club are in a Catch 22 situation, they are trying to keep all fans safe so if they don't search and something happens it's their fault, if they do search and nothing happens it is also their fault.

Its pointless. A load of people queuing outside is a terrorist target also. If they extended the searches to before you enter the grounds of the stadium then the queue there would also be a terrorist target. Theres not much you can do about it.
The bombers at the stade de france blew themselves up outside the stadium, not inside.

I tend to agree, but it's worth pointing out that the attackers in France attempted to get access to the stadium but were rebuked by security.

The queues against Monaco were appalling though. I think that if searching was done on entry to the campus, at least arrivals should be more sporadic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.