Queues

That's called profiling...

I'm pretty sure a terrorist might also be able to get hold of a season card.
Indeed they can and unfortunately there is nothing to identify whether you have had a card for one year or 20. The point being made i think is that the 50 year old who has had a card for 25 years or more is unlikely to be a terrorist so why can;t they go through with no delays.

Indeed they can and unfortunately there is nothing to identify whether you have had a card for one year or 20. The point being made i think is that the 50 year old who has had a card for 25 years or more is unlikely to be a terrorist so why can;t they go through with no delays.
Wonder what is going to happen tonight, when the forecast is heavy rain from 19.00 0nwards

Of course it is profiling and I don't see a lot wrong with it. It is not ideal and yes a terrorist might be able to get hold of a card but it is an option. It needs fine tuning of course but a lot of our fan base are 50+ and have been season ticket holders for 10+ years at least, we just need a way to try and fast track them into the game.

We already have a 10ft metal perimeter fence - you'd think those gates would be the perfect place to do security checks. You could have different entrances for people with bags etc that require additional security checks. That would seem far more efficient and also more effective than a token gesture frisk while people are rushing to get through the turnstile.

the moaners and the experts are out again. lol.

we are a credible target, anti IS owners, global name and in the UK.

the present threat level is v high and all people who know anything on the subject understand that it is not a matter of if but when.

The club are doing the best they can and I am sure lots more is going on behind public notice such as target hardening the perimeter from a truck driving attack.

The club have also told everyone to get a bit earlier.

On the subject of searching, the purpose is not really to find a bomb!

Less moaning and more understanding is needed people.

the present threat level is v high and all people who know anything on the subject understand that it is not a matter of if but when.

The club are doing the best they can and I am sure lots more is going on behind public notice such as target hardening the perimeter from a truck driving attack.

Whilst I agree 100% with what you say, the issue appears to be that the checks are not very good any way and are not helping the flow of spectators.

There must be a better system, though I am not qualified to say what.

been in the queues for a few games this year, haven't been searched once. if a terrorist wanted to bring a bomb in it wouldnt exactly be hard. barely any staff even searching people and barely any turnstyles open. if thats the clubs plan to stop terrorists then fuck me its not gonna do much.

less moaning ! a lot of people can't get there an hour earlier and most people aren't happy paying money to then miss twenty minutes of the game. i dont particular want to get there an hour early to sit there listening to cheesy pre match crap and drink expensive piss.

In a crowd of 54 thousand and excluding the away fans at least 40 thousand of these must be season ticket holders and many long serving season ticket holders. Now unless they have suddenly become radicalised it is extremely unlikely they pose a threat. The trick is how to not inconvenience these people with unnecessary searches and make sure the others are vetted at the same time. Perhaps a perimeter where season cards are checked and you go through unhindered, no season card you are searched? It is difficult but the present method is shoddy and useless.
I understand your point but just one ticket sold on here/Facebook could allow someone iffy into the ground.

If the club feel the need to be security active it must be done properly not the 'playing at it' we see game after game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.