R.I.P Harry Dowd

Re: RIP Harry Dowd

City1974 said:
petrusha said:
Can't see another thread on the forum, but mods please merge if I've missed it. The club's official Twitter feed has announced the death of former goalkeeper Harry Dowd:

Manchester City FC @MCFC · 23m 23 minutes ago

MCFC sends sincere condolences to the friends and family of former City goalkeeper Harry Dowd, who has passed away aged 76

Of course, Harry was in goal for City in the 1969 FA Cup final win over Leicester.

RIP.

City goalkeeper and City goalscorer

Played his part in the golden era of the late 1960s, and will always be fondly remembered

He surely will

Sad news and part of a period of glorious City history and my childhood memories. God has called for his plumer, RiP Harry and btw the Angels play in all white

Very sad news indeed. Saw him play many times. I have put a couple of images I took at the 69 final of him in my April notes here-http://www.rtfract.com/city0215.htm

BigJoe#1 said:
Very sad news, the City keeper when I began supporting the side.

I heard word that by day he was a plumber and would regularly turn up for a game on a bike having sorted out Mrs Miggins dripping tap on the way to the ground. Probably not true but I like to believe it could be,

RIP Sir!
Was that at the pie shop?

RIP Harry. A great guy and a great goalie.

All together now:

Harry, Harry, HarryHarryHarry!!

R.I.P. Harry I remember watching you play when I was a kid in the Platt Lane. Vivid memories of a special era will stay with me forever. Thoughts are with your family.

Well played, Harry. You weren't as famous a goalkeeper as Trautmann or Swift and you weren't one of the star names of that City team, but I watched you often enough from behind the old white wall at Maine Road and you helped City on the road to their trophies in that long ago time. God bless and keep you now,, R.I.P.

Very sad news.

Big Joe had taken over in nets by the time I started following City, but Harry will always be a part of that legendary side that won the League and FA Cup in the late sixties.

It's an amazing fact, but apart from a few games, in the 50 years from 1933 to '83, we only had four 'keepers.

R. I. P. Harry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.