R.I.P Harry Dowd

180-odd appearances in goal for City - oh and one as a makeshift striker, and he scored!

RIP Harry and thanks for playing such a big part in the history of this amazing Club.

de niro said:
oakiecokie said:
Dowd,Book,Pardoe,Doyle,Heslop,Oakes,Summerbee,Bell Lee Young & Coleman.That team virtually picked itself every week.
It just drips off the tongue even from 47 years ago.The last all English players who won the equivalent of the PL Title.
RIP Harry.

and what a team that was.

i feel an affinity to that team that i'll never feel again. no matter what we win.

There wasn`t one player who would feign injury.There was no player who would role over time and time again to get a free kick (although people claimed Franny Lee was the king in that dept),no constant whinging to referees,all worked their bollocks off,and all of them worked as a team.
And we had a Manager who was a true gentleman and a Coach who was far and away the best and a wonderful motivator.
What the fuck went wrong ? ;)

This is why I love this place.reading testimonials and great appreciation.too young sadly but a blue legend who family always spoke of.R.I.P Harry

Very sad to hear - our goalie when I started watching City. Usurped for a while by Alan Ogley, then the great Joe Corrigan. As someone said earlier, it can't have been easy following Trautman, but I don't remember many fans complaining about Harry, though I was very young - my Dad always rated him.

RIP cement-head.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.