R.I.P Maine Road :( (Moments)

Re: R.I.P Maine Road :( Moments

der bomber28 said:
grantyboy23 said:
Has anyone got the book Were not really here by kevin cummins

I,ve got that fella signed by the whole squad from that season my proper pride and joy :0). That vid really brought a lump to my throat, still miss the place with every bone in my body right up until we actually left I used to get just as excited about going to maine road as I did as a kid, don't quite get the same buzz going to eastlands. Best memories have to be in no particular order.

The surge in the old kippax after a goal.

The little tea trolley that used to go round the fronts of the stands, asking for what you wanted then asking for something else then just disappearing into the crowd without paying(cmon you know you've done it).

Cold rainy night games.

Quinny against derby saving that penalty.

My mates dad getting us into the exec boxes when the new platt lane was still being built, even better franny lee clocking us and asking somebody to move us to the maine stand for our safety.

Paying a fiver to get in (right up till I was about 20 damn these youthfull looks lol)

Could go all night but these are just some stand out ones, nothing can ever compare to dear mother maine road.

yeh mate i remember the cold rainy night games, especially the one on my birthday everyone was throwing their tickets up in the air then the match got posponed :) Good times and yeh that video always gives me a lump in the throat but i could watch it all day. I really miss maine road especially when I went the first time as soon as that pitch came into view i was gobsmacked haha

Luke The Blue said:
der bomber28 said:
I,ve got that fella signed by the whole squad from that season my proper pride and joy :0). That vid really brought a lump to my throat, still miss the place with every bone in my body right up until we actually left I used to get just as excited about going to maine road as I did as a kid, don't quite get the same buzz going to eastlands. Best memories have to be in no particular order.

The surge in the old kippax after a goal.

The little tea trolley that used to go round the fronts of the stands, asking for what you wanted then asking for something else then just disappearing into the crowd without paying(cmon you know you've done it).

Cold rainy night games.

Quinny against derby saving that penalty.

My mates dad getting us into the exec boxes when the new platt lane was still being built, even better franny lee clocking us and asking somebody to move us to the maine stand for our safety.

Paying a fiver to get in (right up till I was about 20 damn these youthfull looks lol)

Could go all night but these are just some stand out ones, nothing can ever compare to dear mother maine road.

yeh mate i remember the cold rainy night games, especially the one on my birthday everyone was throwing their tickets up in the air then the match got posponed :) Good times and yeh that video always gives me a lump in the throat but i could watch it all day. I really miss maine road especially when I went the first time as soon as that pitch came into view i was gobsmacked haha

It had that effect on everyone kidda, remember being about seven years old seeing that for the first time I was hooked from there on in. Love the bit in jimmy grimble where he sees pretty much the same view I saw proper brings back memories, makes me even prouder to be a blue.

der bomber28 said:
Luke The Blue said:

It had that effect on everyone kidda, remember being about seven years old seeing that for the first time I was hooked from there on in. Love the bit in jimmy grimble where he sees pretty much the same view I saw proper brings back memories, makes me even prouder to be a blue.

Same mate, Jimmy Grimble is a top film Im for ever watching it ;) Always get goosebumps when jimmy is playing in the last match and Right here Right now is playing in the background. Im so proud to be a city fan and I miss Maine Road really bad. And thanks for the replys btw Love reading them brings back memories.

early memories were going to City Chippy before the game which sold the best fish and chips anywhere.Then hoping the BBC or ITV vans were outside the main entrance,not like now where every game is shown.Those smelly hot dog portables, you really did risk your health with those. Church goer with the End is Nigh placards.Pink Final sold as you were coming out of the ground.Going to the reserves and every now and then you would get on the scoreboard-Latest score from wherever the 1st team were playing.Being on the pitch as a Junior Blue with about 200 others spelling the word Man City.Also on the pitch at HT v Middlesbro tring to get the ball through the hoop.Only other time on the pitch was 93 for the Jean Michel Jarre concert.

I met my husband outside the main entrance, I was stuffing my face with a sandwich from th "Rolling Pin" at the time........

Good times

Blumers Bloomers said:
I met my husband outside the main entrance, I was stuffing my face with a sandwich from th "Rolling Pin" at the time........

Good times

Awwww :) see Maine Road did amazing things :P

COMS is amazin but will neva be as gud as maine road ever!!!

my 1st memory of maine road was milwall in div 2, they scored to have it disallowed and started rippin the north stand apart throwin chairs at us i was 10 and remember gettin pushed off my chair as a coin whistled past my head!! them were the days haha!! we won 3-0 in the end!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.