Racism is racism

argyle said:
In British law, any abuse, discrimination etc on grounds of race, nationality etc, is considered racism.

The racism term is now all encompassing for abuse on these grounds.

People saying it isn't are splitting hairs.
Would like to see that law change you meantion.

Stood in The South Stand said:
Yesterday in 121 I heard somebody shout "get that Italian immigrant **** off" from the back of 122. Is that racism?

Yes - how do you not see that??

---
I am here: <a class="postlink" href="http://tapatalk.com/map.php?krwi23" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tapatalk.com/map.php?krwi23</a>

SWP's back said:
argyle said:
In British law, any abuse, discrimination etc on grounds of race, nationality etc, is considered racism.

Would like to see that law change you meantion.

It was last changed in 2000 I believe, it isn't new.

argyle said:

Holy smokes. I did not know that. Bizarre.

Technically, there is only one human race. What is being referred to in this thread is actually bigotry and, as discussed, xenophobia. There is more genetic variation between two individuals of 'one race' than there is between the so-called 'different races'. If it was otherwise, people with red hair would be a 'different race' as would people with blue eyes. By referring to different human races, this lazy analysis merely allows for sweeping generalisations and rather unpleasant discussions of 'racial characteristics'.

Furthermore, the Aryan 'race' apparently originated in the North of India. Now, everyone from the West of the Sub-Continent to the West of Ireland, and from the Arctic Circle to the Sahara, can be said to be the same 'race'. Yet this is where most of the world's 'racism' has gone on [I don't need to remind you]. That's why I prefer to stick to the terms of bigotry and xenophobia, as 'racism' is probably the most controversial term in human history.

I could go on but afternoon wine is calling and no-one is reading this post anymore in any case.

stumpy_mcfc said:
Stood in The South Stand said:
Yesterday in 121 I heard somebody shout "get that Italian immigrant **** off" from the back of 122. Is that racism?

Yes - how do you not see that??

---
I am here: <a class="postlink" href="http://tapatalk.com/map.php?krwi23" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tapatalk.com/map.php?krwi23</a>
We don't care where the fuck you are you mad Irishman.

coleridge said:
Technically, there is only one human race. What is being referred to in this thread is actually bigotry and, as discussed, xenophobia. There is more genetic variation between two individuals of 'one race' than there is between the so-called 'different races'. If it was otherwise, people with red hair would be a 'different race' as would people with blue eyes. By referring to different human races, this lazy analysis merely allows for sweeping generalisations and rather unpleasant discussions of 'racial characteristics'.

Furthermore, the Aryan 'race' apparently originated in the North of India. Now, everyone from the West of the Sub-Continent to the West of Ireland, and from the Arctic Circle to the Sahara, can be said to be the same 'race'. Yet this is where most of the world's 'racism' has gone on [I don't need to remind you]. That's why I prefer to stick to the terms of bigotry and xenophobia, as 'racism' is probably the most controversial term in human history.

I could go on but afternoon wine is calling and no-one is reading this post anymore in any case.
Glad you stopped in. Your comments were refreshing.

whp.blue said:
Thenumber1blue said:
So the red faced alcoholic twat in 220 yesterday,shoutin Argie **** is still racism and wont help us and the wanker in the same block near the front that every week shouts Dego ,Irish ****,Italian this spick that,erm that is also racism if you come on here.I just cant listen to some of our fans nowadays they think this is ok as they are not using the words black or paki.Coupled with some of the shit they spout.

in the heated arena of a football stadia are you for real ?

not racism not even a problem if you disagree with this fan grow a pair and go and debate your point with him

don't go on the computer moaning

failing that start going to another type of sporting arena may I sugest a nice quite bridge tornament or crown green bowls

people on here need to make their minds up most come on here moaning about early leavers etc for not showing passion and when people do show passion the pc brigade come on here moaning about it
some people need to remember fan is short for fanatic not sensible reasoned supporter
What a load of brain dead shit!

Thenumber1blue said:
whp.blue said:
Thenumber1blue said:
So the red faced alcoholic twat in 220 yesterday,shoutin Argie **** is still racism and wont help us and the wanker in the same block near the front that every week shouts Dego ,Irish ****,Italian this spick that,erm that is also racism if you come on here.I just cant listen to some of our fans nowadays they think this is ok as they are not using the words black or paki.Coupled with some of the shit they spout.

in the heated arena of a football stadia are you for real ?

not racism not even a problem if you disagree with this fan grow a pair and go and debate your point with him

don't go on the computer moaning

failing that start going to another type of sporting arena may I sugest a nice quite bridge tornament or crown green bowls

people on here need to make their minds up most come on here moaning about early leavers etc for not showing passion and when people do show passion the pc brigade come on here moaning about it
some people need to remember fan is short for fanatic not sensible reasoned supporter
What a load of brain dead shit!

Racist

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.