Radamel Falcao Zarate

Danamy said:
xzbit04 said:
Chelsea won't pay over odds for Falcao

By ESPN staff and Harry Harris

Chelsea will not pay above €35 million for Atletico Madrid's in-form striker Radamel Falcao, a source has told ESPN.

Falcao, 26, has already scored 12 goals in eight Atletico Madrid appearances this season and has been dubbed 'the world's best No. 9', prompting a host of top clubs to race for his signature.

The Colombian could be the missing piece of the puzzle for Chelsea, with £50 million man Fernando Torres struggling for goals, but the Blues are not willing to pay over the odds for a player again and have set themselves a budget.

"Chelsea would go to 35 million euros but I don't believe they would go higher. The owner is fed up paying inflated prices," a source close to Roman Abramovich told ESPN.

"There is no way Abramovich will sanction such a price again, I just don't believe he will. Atletico paid €45 million for him, so I cannot believe they would sell for anything less."

Falcao has a €60 million buy-out clause in his contract, but Abramovich and the Chelsea hierarchy are acutely aware of UEFA's Financial Fair Play directive and any extravagant new signings would prejudice their abilities to persuade UEFA that are living within the financial rules.

And so it begins.................

Sixty Million? I don't care. Buy, buy, buy and let the true local team of Madrid have Balotelli into the bargain. If Twattini objects, pull his hair and shoot him.

Guillem Balague said on Revista that PSG have tabled €60m for Falcao, but because of Falcao's preference in coming to the Premier League - or something on the lines of that - his agent and 3rd party owners are waiting to hear from any other offers..

He did state that €60m has to be put down for a sale to happen otherwise he will remain at Atletico.

Re: Where do you stand in the great Falcao debate?

Pam said:
Go all out to get him in January, to stop him going to the chavs?

Go all out to get him in the summer to stop him from going to the chavs and so that Mario can be sent in the opposite direction?

Let the Chavs get him and compromise our chances of dominance?

Just let it not be the third option, imho.
Buying players just to stop other clubs from getting them is a ludicrous transfer strategy. I'm more concerned with strengthening the areas of OUR OWN team that need reinforcing rather than focusing on what other clubs are doing and buying up their targets just to keep them from improving.

Besides, even if we do beat the Chavs to Falcao, they'd more than likely just go all out for Cavani in the summer, who could well be even better for them. We won't be "stopping" anyone....

Signing Falcao would be a major statement for us. He is a world class striker and whilst I rate Dzeko highly as a goal scorer and team player for me Falcao would be an improvement.

Under the Sheikh we appear to be very well run. However our most recent transfer activity compared to for example Chelsea does cause some concern. FFP seems to be affecting us more than others.

If we had the money for Hazard and did not spend it then is that still available for January given we spent £50m this summer?

We are still on a journey of improvement and I am confident that the Sheikh and the management structure he chooses to be in place at our Club will be effective. It will take time but what a journey we are on.

Pam said:
Danamy said:
xzbit04 said:
Chelsea won't pay over odds for Falcao

By ESPN staff and Harry Harris

Chelsea will not pay above €35 million for Atletico Madrid's in-form striker Radamel Falcao, a source has told ESPN.

Falcao, 26, has already scored 12 goals in eight Atletico Madrid appearances this season and has been dubbed 'the world's best No. 9', prompting a host of top clubs to race for his signature.

The Colombian could be the missing piece of the puzzle for Chelsea, with £50 million man Fernando Torres struggling for goals, but the Blues are not willing to pay over the odds for a player again and have set themselves a budget.

"Chelsea would go to 35 million euros but I don't believe they would go higher. The owner is fed up paying inflated prices," a source close to Roman Abramovich told ESPN.

"There is no way Abramovich will sanction such a price again, I just don't believe he will. Atletico paid €45 million for him, so I cannot believe they would sell for anything less."

Falcao has a €60 million buy-out clause in his contract, but Abramovich and the Chelsea hierarchy are acutely aware of UEFA's Financial Fair Play directive and any extravagant new signings would prejudice their abilities to persuade UEFA that are living within the financial rules.

And so it begins.................

Sixty Million? I don't care. Buy, buy, buy and let the true local team of Madrid have Balotelli into the bargain. If Twattini objects, pull his hair and shoot him.

I think pulling his hair is a bit over the top..

SambaStyle said:
Out - Dzeko, Balotelli, Milner, Toure (Kolo), Barry
In - Isco, Bale, Falcao, Rossi

Now we are talking, I would keep Edin though for sure.

Homer-Simpson-Drooling-while-Sleeping.gif

ElKun said:
kabuverdimcfc said:
Falcao's dream is to play in Real Madrid. But Atletico may not sell him to Real, we know why.

Falcao is the best striker in the world, but now I think that we need a winger.
Will be perfect sell Mario and get Falcao, but Mancini will never do it.

So, if Mancini really wants Falcao, I'm seeing Mario playing in the wing.

Nasri, Silva, Mario, Tevez, Aguero, Falcao, Dzeko. This seems unreal?! No, is perfect!! Look for Bayern attack: Ribery, Robben, Shaqiri, Muller,Kroos, Mandzukic, Pizzaro and Gomez.
Well, it's easy enough to say we'll play a striker out wide and automatically fix the winger problem, but it's not that simple in real life. The problem with having Nasri, Silva, Mario, Tevez, Aguero, Falcao, and Dzeko is they're ALL central players, and offer no natural width whatsoever, apart from maybe Nasri to a certain extent. Bayern have Muller, Kroos and Shaqiri, who are all versatile creative players, and Ribery and Robben, who are natural wingers who provide natural width, as well as 2 lethal center-forwards in Gomez and Mandzukic.

The two teams aren't even comparable IMO.

The teams that use the 4-3-3, usually have just central players on attack, because the the left/right back replace the winger and the DM stay with the 2 central back. In the 4-2-3-1, they use just 1 pure winger and just one of the fullback joins in attack.

For many years Bayern use a 4-2-3-1 with 2 pure wingers, but bayern's coach put Mulller in the left winger, "a central player like you said", a defensive left back Badstuber and a offensive rigth back Lahm.

Porto use the 4-3-3 with "central players" and sometime use the 4-2-3-1 with the pure winger Atsu. And they have 9 points in Champions league.

Perhaps Joao Moutinho would be a more necessary acquisition than Falcao whose position is stacked with quality.

Moutinho would give us a different outlet & would take a lot off of Yaya's shoulder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.