Radamel Falcao Zarate

Dax777 said:
Falcao may be the best striker in the world right now, but he is not, I repeat, NOT a Mancity type striker. Don't get me wrong, he will score goals. Lots of goals. But he wouldn't drastically change our team for the better.

He is not that good of a ball passer, his interplay with teammates is pretty average. He is not the most technically sound footballer either.

What he is, is predatory. Matter of fact, the best example of a Falcao type player for me are Shane Long at WestBrom, and Chicharito at United. Perhaps more Chicarito than Long. But the way Long pounced fortuitously on that Odemwingie missed shot against us, is quite reminiscent of Falcao's instincts. And he plays almost like Chicharito. Hangs on the last defender and pounces on anything and everything.

These types of strikers, are much more successful in a "quick strike" offense, and not on a "build up" offense. For better or worse, we are a "build up" offense. We are a probe and prod offense.

And just for kicks, we already have a striker here who was great at quick strike football, and while he is not struggling here, he is clearly not lighting it up like a Christmas tree either, at least not until lately (Dzeko).

So as much as Falcao makes us all dreamy, he simply might not be the best type of striker for our offense. At least not as presently constituted. But because he is so much better than Long or Chicharito at doing what he does, he'd probably score a lot of goals regardless. But not enough in my opinion to justify the cost, or greatly improve our chances.

If you asked me, I'd rather a striker like Jovetic or Soldado. Neither of whom are half th striker Falcao is, but would probably improve us as much at a lower cost.
Comparing Falcao and shane long deary me

Dax777 said:
Falcao may be the best striker in the world right now, but he is not, I repeat, NOT a Mancity type striker. Don't get me wrong, he will score goals. Lots of goals. But he wouldn't drastically change our team for the better.

He is not that good of a ball passer, his interplay with teammates is pretty average. He is not the most technically sound footballer either.

What he is, is predatory. Matter of fact, the best example of a Falcao type player for me are Shane Long at WestBrom, and Chicharito at United. Perhaps more Chicarito than Long. But the way Long pounced fortuitously on that Odemwingie missed shot against us, is quite reminiscent of Falcao's instincts. And he plays almost like Chicharito. Hangs on the last defender and pounces on anything and everything.

These types of strikers, are much more successful in a "quick strike" offense, and not on a "build up" offense. For better or worse, we are a "build up" offense. We are a probe and prod offense.

And just for kicks, we already have a striker here who was great at quick strike football, and while he is not struggling here, he is clearly not lighting it up like a Christmas tree either, at least not until lately (Dzeko).

So as much as Falcao makes us all dreamy, he simply might not be the best type of striker for our offense. At least not as presently constituted. But because he is so much better than Long or Chicharito at doing what he does, he'd probably score a lot of goals regardless. But not enough in my opinion to justify the cost, or greatly improve our chances.

If you asked me, I'd rather a striker like Jovetic or Soldado. Neither of whom are half th striker Falcao is, but would probably improve us as much at a lower cost.

No offense but that is very wide.

Falcoa is great in the air and can carve up a goal out of nothing. We have the ball alot on the edge of 18 yard box and Falcoa will be that piece of the jigsaw that converts chances into goals.

Jovetic is a playmaking striker and Soldado is a b-level striker. We need a game-changer and Falcoa is that person. I called it last season early on and repeated in summer when people on here were all saying he's limited. Show me his limitations because all I see is him taking hsi chances and putting in the net.

Shane Long is very underrated IMO. If I were Liverpool I'd definately go for him. Outside of the top 4 he'd improve every team.

NipHolmes said:
Dax777 said:

Falcoa is great in the air and can carve up a goal out of nothing. We have the ball alot on the edge of 18 yard box and Falcoa will be that piece of the jigsaw that converts chances into goals.

Jovetic is a playmaking striker and Soldado is a b-level striker. We need a game-changer and Falcoa is that person. I called it last season early on and repeated in summer when people on here were all saying he's limited. Show me his limitations because all I see is him taking hsi chances and putting in the net.

Shane Long is very underrated IMO. If I were Liverpool I'd definately go for him. Outside of the top 4 he'd improve every team.

Falcao is very unlikely to create from the edge of the 18. Will he bury every opportunity inside the box? Yes. But he is not the Messi/Ronaldo player that dribbles or walks through. He is clinical finishing in the finest form.

alky313 said:
NipHolmes said:
Dax777 said:

Falcao is very unlikely to create from the edge of the 18. Will he bury every opportunity inside the box? Yes. But he is not the Messi/Ronaldo player that dribbles or walks through. He is clinical finishing in the finest form.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRgSn_yAIc0[/youtube]

greasedupdeafguy said:
alky313 said:
NipHolmes said:

I often wonder if people watch this guy week i week out like I do. He is very techincally able aswell as a phenom in the air. He finishes all type sof chances and with Agueros playmakng (to go with his finishing ability) abilities we'd have a first choice pairing of epic propostions for years to come.

Falcoa is deadly, a complete striker.

alky313 said:
NipHolmes said:
Dax777 said:

He isn't unlikely, he simply finishes his chanecs where they come. We have build up play and we dominate opposition halves, we need that person to pull the trigger.

How many games have we had where we have made chance after chance but just don't seem to get the goals, Falcoa changes this.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:28 pm --<br /><br />
bluemonkey71 said:
His goals against Chelsea convinced me. Lethal.

I bigged him up a week before and people on here said he was overrated and said how we had betyter players. For my money only Kun is a more complete player but even he is inferior at finishing than Falcoa.

Put it like this, Athletico Madrid v Bilboa in Uefa cup final, Falcoa gets the first 2 which decides games, godo finishes too.

Chelsea v Athletico Madrid in a Cup Winners Cup Final. Falcoa hatrick.

Basically the lad is a big game players and thrives on the occaision. Scores 5 in 2 big games. Or we could continue pulling hairs out over Mario.

The way this situation is solved is very simple. Sacrafice all targets and sell Mario, add funds to Marios sale and get him. Everything else is to be worried about another day. Getting him is a paramount objective imho.

Dax777 said:

Matter of fact, the best example of a Falcao type player for me are Shane Long at WestBrom

I'm definitely keeping an eye out for all of your future posts. In fact I'm now going to look through your entire post history just to see if you are always this hilarious.

NipHolmes said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
alky313 said:

I often wonder if people watch this guy week i week out like I do. He is very techincally able aswell as a phenom in the air. He finishes all type sof chances and with Agueros playmakng (to go with his finishing ability) abilities we'd have a first choice pairing of epic propostions for years to come.

Falcoa is deadly, a complete striker.

he would turn the tide in europe. he has been prolific in winning 2 consecutive europa league titles. he also pretty much decimated chelsea on his own. we would be mad not to shift the team around to get him in.

Stoned Rose said:
Dax777 said:

Matter of fact, the best example of a Falcao type player for me are Shane Long at WestBrom

I'm definitely keeping an eye out for all of your future posts. In fact I'm now going to look through your entire post history just to see if you are always this hilarious.
I think dax was impressed with the goal he bagged against us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.