Radamel Falcao Zarate

bluelassie said:
I agree in priciple but could mean the buying clubs haggling down the price simply because they know we want shut due to having a surplus. Would be more difficult I imagine to get a fair price.

I agree in principle, but rumours of us wanting a new player, while trying to sell an old player might cause the buying club to haggle.

Or the fact that Mansour is known for having more money than the Emperor of the Known Universe, might cause clubs to haggle.

If the club indeed sees as an option or even desire to sell all of Balotelli, Dzeko and Tevez, something big must be going on regarding the future of the club.
Two of these are Mancini's own pick as well.

NipHolmes said:
As above. It's common sense to be fair.

Look at Newcastle with Carrol when they knew Liverpool would need a striker after selling Torres and they knew the cost of it. Carrol basically cost £25mill more than his value.

Carroll signed for Liverpool on the last day of the transfer window on 31 January 2011 for a fee of £35 million

Could be a clue to the price as well.

Comrade Buka said:
bluelassie said:
I agree in priciple but could mean the buying clubs haggling down the price simply because they know we want shut due to having a surplus. Would be more difficult I imagine to get a fair price.

I agree in principle, but rumours of us wanting a new player, while trying to sell an old player might cause the buying club to haggle.

Or the fact that Mansour is known for having more money than the Emperor of the Known Universe, might cause clubs to haggle.

True!

NipHolmes said:
No.

If we buy and then sell it means our position is weakened and we'd recoup less. It is a damn site easier to buy than sell.

To use the previous posters logic. You mean like Carroll going for an assload of money to Liverpool. Us being Liverpool in this case?

Maybe I am too sinister, but one might consider negotiating both at the same time. Behind closed (or as much as possible) doors. So you finalize the sale slightly before the buy, before announcing it to the world and his cousin.

NipHolmes said:
Comrade Buka said:
Plain Speaking said:
I agree Falcao seems more consistent than both Tevez and Balo. However if we make too many changes to our strikers thinking we are are making room for Falcao and he goes to Chelsea we could be left with egg on our face and ruin our chances of retaining the PL!

If I was in charge of the transfers, I would probably try and secure Falcao's signature BEFORE shipping out half our squad. Or maybe that just lacks basic logic?

No.

If we buy and then sell it means our position is weakened and we'd recoup less. It is a damn site easier to buy than sell.

To answer Plain I'd say Mario is the man we sell because he simply isn't needed. Then it's either Dzeko or Tevez because imo we don't need a 4th striker with Guidetti in the wings. Tevez is on massive wages and running contract down whereas Edin has a role here.

I personally feel Mario move is nearly done. I feel our summer was hindered by lack of sales and now we are looking at what we were then but the wheels are in motion and we're further down the track.

IMO Mario is 100% gone. I have already betted someone on here about it.

IMO Mario is 100% gone

All day.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
jollylescott said:
Plain Speaking said:
IMO he might flirt with us to get the best deal but why would you want to compete with at least 2 or 3 other world class strikers to start at City when he would be gauranteed a start every match at Chelsea?
They also show a willingness to pay extra agent's fees, (as Hazard!). London as a location is more desireable for many footballers, particularly after the "Olympic roadshow".
I would love him to come to us but I just cant see it.

To me it's what Roman wants, Roman gets. As Tolmie said we probably are offering the same as Chelski.

However he would want to play every game.

With our abundance of strikers we can't offer that.

You have to hand it to Roman. Over summer he rebuilt the team. We simply failed to match that.

But we can offer massive assurances that Mario, Dzeko and Tevez will all be gone by end of next summer.

People saying we need to throw caution to the wind, that's exactly what we are trying to do with the firm interest in Falcao.

Aguero, Falcao, Guidetti and an attacking midfielder/winger/Isco.

Take London out of the equation and what's not to like?

Being Champions of the Chumps League tends to affect the choice of club. Hazard being an example.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
NipHolmes said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
But we can offer massive assurances that Mario, Dzeko and Tevez will all be gone by end of next summer.

People saying we need to throw caution to the wind, that's exactly what we are trying to do with the firm interest in Falcao.

Aguero, Falcao, Guidetti and an attacking midfielder/winger/Isco.

Take London out of the equation and what's not to like?

I doubt hugely Edin will go. I punted the others already.

Isco still stalling on that new deal isn't he? Malaga owners not payting out like promised but qualifed CL, do you think it coudl be pulled off In Jan or the Summer?

All three strikers will be gone, with the possible exception of Tevez, for problematic contractual reasons.

Not sure how serious the Isco interest even is.

January is covered in terms of spending.

If Falcao does choose Chelsea in January, I don't expect that money to burn a hole in our pocket.

Hypothetical question, nothing sinister, just interested in different takes.

Does Guardiola make any difference to Falcao's destination?

The lad Eriksson has just said he wants out at Ajax.

Decent option for us?

All three strikers will be gone, with the possible exception of Tevez, for problematic contractual reasons.

Am I reading this right? Aguero, Balotelli and Dzeko are being jibbed?

This thread is going to be massive come January, dreading it already!

Just sign for either club nice and early Mr Falcao and save us all the stress..

BillyShears said:
I know I'll get slated for this ... but the day Tevez leaves, we should break the bank and sign Luis Suarez.

Not by me,i'd even make him the primary target - proven ability who fits our style perfectly,he wouldn't even have to move mansion.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.