Rags 1 city 6

MC-alexander-FC said:
Think its time people got over the 1-6 thing, its a bit small minded, 2 seasons ago n all.

Call me a rag if u wish, im not

Aren't you a little ray of sunshine...confirms you're a blue I suppose.

Rascal said:
MC-alexander-FC said:
Think its time people got over the 1-6 thing, its a bit small minded, 2 seasons ago n all.

The biggest away win in our history against them ***** shouldnt be enjoyed?

You aint a rag but you are fucking insane

Haha dont get me wrong i loved it n all but just feel we have bigger fish to fry, the return game at our place wasnt as much of a spectical to watch but ment a hell of a lot more (i know the 1-6 improved the goal difference but at the time it was the points that mattered) so ide rather leave it in the history books now and move forward.

MC-alexander-FC said:

Got over it? You get over a loss, you celebrate a victory, and in the future, you commemorate it.

Forget not, this was a few months after United beat us in the Community Shield and Rooney claimed they had given us a 'footballing lesson'. This was their 9th game of the season and they were reigning champions and unbeaten. We were unbeaten in the league also. We had earlier in the season won 1-5 at White Hart Lane, and they bettered us by beating Arsenal 8-2 on the same day. This was the day something had to give, and they thought they would build on that lesson earlier in the season and put us firmly in our places. They were a bit nervous, but confident nevertheless, as evidenced in the words of their own fans:

Red Cafe said:
"I want to crush them in a truly epic manner."

"I'm expecting them to play for a point. Especially now that they're top of the league. If its all square with 15 minutes to go you can be sure only one team will be trying to win it."

"Make no mistake, our players will be up for this. Our manager and staff will be up for this. Our supporters will be up for this. Old Trafford needs to be an absolute cauldron on Sunday. Get the scarves and flags up and flying, shout, scream and roar. We need to put these cnuts in their place. They've had an easy start to the season, the only result I was impressed with was the Spurs game, but they haven't really been tested. They need to be tested this Sunday.

Their fans speak like they're our equals now, they aren't! Look at our history, the traditions and prestige we have. They'll never be our equals, they simply aren't big enough. Sure they'll probably go on to win more silverware with the money they've got and the players they buy, but they won't achieve the success we have. They haven't worked for it or built anything up, they've just been fortunate to win the 'football lottery'.

I for one can't wait until Sunday. Come on United."

"Its at OT. we're favorites imo. Our home record is simply brilliant. It'l be a very cagey affair though i think. too much at stake in these games. people hoping to see a return to our fluid attacking football might have to wait."

"We'll go 442 and go for the jugular from the off. No different to the Chelsea or Arsenal games."

"There's going to be a late goal in this one."

But this game didn't go quite according to plan, did it? If the August meeting was a footballing lesson, this was an educational masterclass. It shut them up and the whole footballing world sat up and took notice of their complete humiliation. Their fans were silenced. Our critics were forced to eat their words. We were unquestionably the best team in the land at that point in time.

Have I got over it? Do I want to get over it? Nah. I love watching the highlights of that game on YouTube, whether it be the last 5 minutes recorded by the French lads, or the Sky TV highlights with Gary Neville wanting to move on to the next game. I love watching Walter and that Cockney Red in Fanzone - "Take it. Take it. Take it!" I will never tire of looking at pictures of the "Why Always Me" shirt, and it brought a smile to my face when I saw a lad wearing a replica when I was in Scotland two weeks ago, and we acknowledged each other, knowing we had something very special in common.

This was a key moment in modern footballing history, and it will never be forgotten, and it will never become insignificant.

UUBlue said:
MC-alexander-FC said:

Got over it? You get over a loss, you celebrate a victory, and in the future, you commemorate it.

Forget not, this was a few months after United beat us in the Community Shield and Rooney claimed they had given us a 'footballing lesson'. This was their 9th game of the season and they were reigning champions and unbeaten. We were unbeaten in the league also. We had earlier in the season won 1-5 at White Hart Lane, and they bettered us by beating Arsenal 8-2 on the same day. This was the day something had to give, and they thought they would build on that lesson earlier in the season and put us firmly in our places. They were a bit nervous, but confident nevertheless, as evidenced in the words of their own fans:

Red Cafe said:

"I'm expecting them to play for a point. Especially now that they're top of the league. If its all square with 15 minutes to go you can be sure only one team will be trying to win it."

"Make no mistake, our players will be up for this. Our manager and staff will be up for this. Our supporters will be up for this. Old Trafford needs to be an absolute cauldron on Sunday. Get the scarves and flags up and flying, shout, scream and roar. We need to put these cnuts in their place. They've had an easy start to the season, the only result I was impressed with was the Spurs game, but they haven't really been tested. They need to be tested this Sunday.

Their fans speak like they're our equals now, they aren't! Look at our history, the traditions and prestige we have. They'll never be our equals, they simply aren't big enough. Sure they'll probably go on to win more silverware with the money they've got and the players they buy, but they won't achieve the success we have. They haven't worked for it or built anything up, they've just been fortunate to win the 'football lottery'.

"Its at OT. we're favorites imo. Our home record is simply brilliant. It'l be a very cagey affair though i think. too much at stake in these games. people hoping to see a return to our fluid attacking football might have to wait."

"We'll go 442 and go for the jugular from the off. No different to the Chelsea or Arsenal games."

But this game didn't go quite according to plan, did it? If the August meeting was a footballing lesson, this was an educational masterclass. It shut them up and the whole footballing world sat up and took notice of their complete humiliation. Their fans were silenced. Our critics were forced to eat their words. We were unquestionably the best team in the land at that point in time.

Have I got over it? Do I want to get over it? Nah. I love watching the highlights of that game on YouTube, whether it be the last 5 minutes recorded by the French lads, or the Sky TV highlights with Gary Neville wanting to move on to the next game. I love watching Walter and that Cockney Red in Fanzone - "Take it. Take it. Take it!" I will never tire of looking at pictures of the "Why Always Me" shirt, and it brought a smile to my face when I saw a lad wearing a replica when I was in Scotland two weeks ago, and we acknowledged each other, knowing we had something very special in common.

This was a key moment in modern footballing history, and it will never be forgotten, and it will never become insignificant.

Hear hear, one of the best days of my life

UUBlue said:
MC-alexander-FC said:

Red Cafe said:

What a marvellous day and you have captured the feelings and the significance of the moment very well. And by the way bring back Walter. I would quite happily accept him as the official site match commentator!

UUBlue said:
MC-alexander-FC said:

Red Cafe said:

I love it when the Rags try and claim some sort of moral high ground when talking about our spending and how we haven't "built anything up" when most of them only support that club because they were successful in the first place! I'd rather support a club that "wins the footballing lottery" than just follow one purely because of their success. That's not supporting a club, that's just jumping on the bandwagon. The vast majority of us blues have been with the club through thick and thin, and would still be there if Sheikh Mansour did a runner and we did a Portsmouth or a Coventry.

They come on like they're the good guys who have done it properly, they'd soon go quiet if you asked them why they support United in the first place. Most of them haven't got a clue what genuine support is all about.

Just wanted to say Thanks to chaddblue for posting this.
I did miss it but it is on later in the week... So Thanks!

UUBlue said:
MC-alexander-FC said:

Red Cafe said:

Brilliant post mate, i agree with everything you say, and yes ive probably watched it a million times over, but ide much rather concentrate on what we r going to do in the future rather than what we have done in the past. The 6-1 was great but snatching the trophy from them ment a whole lot more in terms of history. Winning a derby USED to be our cup final day, but that was years ago now. Not that it isnt the 1st fixture i look for at the start of the season (because that would be lying) i just feel we have stepped up a level from winning a derby and making it the highlight of the season, to making a trophy win the highlight of our season. We are better than that now.

MC-alexander-FC said:

I don't think I'll ever tire of watching that game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.