Rags Debt - Daily Mail & Panorama [Merged]

Rammyblues said:
Rags have only themselves to blame:-

1) One of the first if not the first club to go to the stockmarket and issue shares which they used to spend millions on the team so that they could break the monopoly of Liverpool at top of league.

2) Once they had sold themselves to gamblers (stockmarket) those two Irish businessmen forget their names (McManus +one other) then have a big row with Baconface over a horse.

3) They sell their shares to American who finance the whole deal by debt and load it onto their festering club.

4) They have got what they deserve IMO arrogant, conceited and plastic fans the lot of them.
Martin Edwards was asked why he was selling utd, his answer was i cannot afford to keep ploughing money into utd,here's why.

Initially, Edwards' heart and soul were in Manchester United Football Club. He loved the prestiege, the trappings, the power of the position that he held. Football was in his blood, and he was Chairman during a glorious part of United's history. Champions in 1965 and 1967, and finally, the ultimate accolade, European Cup Winner's for the first time in 1968. Life for Edwards and his family was good. He'd seen Old Trafford redeveloped with the building of the famous 'cantilever stand' complete with 'executive boxes' which was built in readiness to coincide with the opening of the 1966 World Cup

Unfortunately for Edwards, after 1968 things began to slowly go wrong, especially in his business life. The family business started losing money, and there were scandals surrounding it. The wholesaling side of the business struggled as the company began to lose contracts and his shops faded from popularity. Come 1975 the business was making a lost and in 1978 it declared losses of some 340,000 pounds. Edwards was really strapped for cash. It was now that he began to exploit the United directors failure to protect the Club from himself some ten years before. In his financial desperation, United became less a passion for the Edwards and more a means for a conveyer of opportunity for him to make money for himself and his family.

The F.A.'s Rule 34 at that time prevented personal profit being made by directors from football clubs. It restricted dividends being paid to shareholders to amount to no more than 5% in the 1 pound value in each share - namely 5 pence in every 1 pound. Directors could not be paid a salary. So Edwards could not vote himself money from out of the club. He brought in an 'advisor', a certain Professor Roland Smith! Together they hatched a plan that would benefit Edwards financially. Basically what they did was to increase the dividend payments simply by multiplying the 5 pences! What they actually did was issue a rights issue which gave every shareholder the opportunity to buy 208 1pound shares for every share that they held. It was ingenious! The club would stay under Edwards control, and he would have 209 times the number of shares!

This created a lot of dissent, especially amongst supporters and even Sir Matt Busby and Les Olive were bitterly opposed to the scheme. They stood up against it and argued that this scheme would be the start of monies being leaked out of the club. Boy, events since have proved them to be so right!

It is fascinating to see that in 1978, only a total of 312 pounds was paid out in dividends. Amazingly, not too long afterwards, after the rights issue, there was more than 1 million shares in the club. In 1979, Manchester United announced a dividend of 50,419 pounds. The following year saw a similar amount paid out.

In 1980, Granada's 'World In Action' exposed 'Champagne Louis' Edwards' dark and sinister side. All of his clandestine, bullying, underhand, and corrupt dealings came to light. Not only in the acquisition of his Manchester United shares, but also in his meat business and the awarding of those lucrative contracts as well. Just four weeks after the Granada programme's airing, he died from a massive heart attack. Lurking in the back ground was his off-spring Martin. He had been made a director of Manchester United in 1970 at aged just 24. This was a move which deeply upset Sir Matt, as Edwards had reneged on a deal that had been agreed some years earlier to promote Sir Matt's son Sandy to the Board. The financial fun was just about to begin!
A vile club corrupt drom top to bottom,always has been always will be.
Never forget this is the club that has built itself into what it is on the backs of 23 dead people,let them rot.

lloydie said:
I was asking Whitworth warrior to distance himself from rag hooligans and never got the chance to see if he did, what did he say?

You had him on the ropes with that one lloydie. He kept avoiding the question.

bluevengence said:
Damocles said:
He's in Maidenhead, 20 miles out of London.

He's also not using a proxy or any sort of trickery, it's a direct address.

Well what a suprise.......bye bye rag

i did sort of give a clue on page 18 ;)

shadygiz said:
samharris said:
alphabet spaghetti and instant whip :)

nah...jellied eels with pie n mash for afters

shadygiz said:
bluevengence said:
Well what a suprise.......bye bye rag

i did sort of give a clue on page 18 ;)

shadygiz said:
nah...jellied eels with pie n mash for afters

No doubt he'll be back at the office come monday back on his pc in complete denial that he's from Maidenhead....feel free to put him in his place eh shady..;-)

what rags overlook is that when that greedy bastard bacon face demanded stud fees as well as winnings for rock of gibraltar the matter went to court but was eventually settled out of court. mcmanus & magnier then started to hoover up as many united shares as they could with the specific intention of getting into a position where they could sack bacon face. however, the united board opposed them and supported bacon face so they gave up on that project and sold their shares to the glazers instead.

the rest as they say is history but bacon face, who still backs the glazers as good owners and serially lies about the rags transfer policy, ultimately is the cause of the shite situation they now find themselves in.

ha fucking ha.

Sky Blue said:
lloydie said:
I was asking Whitworth warrior to distance himself from rag hooligans and never got the chance to see if he did, what did he say?

Unfortunately I've had to chase him round the ring in 4 or 5 different threads over a couple of months and still he wouldn't answer.
@ cheesy - I refrained from calling him names, in fact I was asking him to distance himself from those I was quite legitimately calling, bit of a shame you couldn't just delete the ott stuff as it was developing into a classic example of rag disengenuity (sp) and duplicity. Has he been banned, or changed his user name? Or do I look forward to going through the same again when he reappears?

lloydie said:
Sky Blue said:

Unfortunately I've had to chase him round the ring in 4 or 5 different threads over a couple of months and still he wouldn't answer.
@ cheesy - I refrained from calling him names, in fact I was asking him to distance himself from those I was quite legitimately calling, bit of a shame you couldn't just delete the ott stuff as it was developing into a classic example of rag disengenuity (sp) and duplicity. Has he been banned, or changed his user name? Or do I look forward to going through the same again when he reappears?

Banned him.

rassclot said:
what rags overlook is that when that greedy bastard bacon face demanded stud fees as well as winnings for rock of gibraltar the matter went to court but was eventually settled out of court. mcmanus & magnier then started to hoover up as many united shares as they could with the specific intention of getting into a position where they could sack bacon face. however, the united board opposed them and supported bacon face so they gave up on that project and sold their shares to the glazers instead.

the rest as they say is history but bacon face, who still backs the glazers as good owners and serially lies about the rags transfer policy, ultimately is the cause of the shite situation they now find themselves in.

ha fucking ha.
I'm from Leeds so don't think i'm sticking up for Utd but haven't they already spent like £20mil or something on a couple of youngsters?, it looks like a normal transfer season for them imo.

Cheesy said:
lloydie said:

Banned him.

It's a shame he was banned really.... as I'd like to know how confused he was today.
Did he want Argentina to win? or doesn't he like them any more?
Did he want USA to win? or does he like England again?

I want these questions answered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.