Rags Debt - Daily Mail & Panorama [Merged]

Re: Panorama on the Rags debt

unfortunatley they'll never go under I think they'll end up getting sold for a quid and the new owner writes off or takes on the debt bit like roman did with chelsea

Re: Daily Mail: Glazers £1.1Billion in Debt

quiet_riot said:
LOL @ the fake comment from Whelan. He would never speak negative of the rags.
Particularly ironic him commenting on United's financial situation as Wigan would disappear without trace if he stopped propping them up. Their wage bill alone is over 90% of their turnover.<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:14 am --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
Means that the Glazers don't have much free cash flow to pump into Utd, and that they may be using the cash flow generation of Utd to meet demands elsewhere.
That's exactly what's happening Marvin. It looks like United is the only source of income they have at the moment.

bluevengence said:
Can`t wait for the panorama in twenty years time about how blue square league team manchester united were once one of the biggest teams in the world ... how it all went wrong and they ended up paying rent to play at moss lane in front of 350 fans
Don't be silly. All their fans will loyally stick with them no matter where they play. They will take 10,000 to Barrow.

cant spell-dont care said:
TBH i think thats probably bollox.
I like how when a city player is reported to be unhappy its imidiatly disimissed at media rubish but somthing like this is taken for gospal

Its from Panorama not the sun or some other lying redtop, theres a huge huge difference in sources.

simmers said:
man-utd-585_693580a.jpg

[bigimg]http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/36450.jpg[/bigimg]

haha class.

Challenger1978 said:
cant spell-dont care said:
TBH i think thats probably bollox.
I like how when a city player is reported to be unhappy its imidiatly disimissed at media rubish but somthing like this is taken for gospal

Its from Panorama not the sun or some other lying redtop, theres a huge huge difference in sources.
Indeed, another source here <a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/07/glazers-manchester-united-fortunes-wane" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... tunes-wane</a>

This would not surprise me if it was the truth. I think Gill is stringing the fans along brilliantly and deluding them over monies available so they do not wake up to the reality of the situation thus preventing a further backlash than what has already been displayed in the green and yellow variety.

If this is true they're very much in catch 22 over Rooney and replacing aging players aren't they? Rooney would command a fee of £90,000,000 + but to sell him would ease the debt yet cause financial suicide given there would be nobody else in their squad to carry the burden of their ambitions soley on their shoulders.

Tell you what though, if they don't finish in the CL positions for one or two seasons, the crap could seriously hit the fan! I think, after reading that, they are very worrying times to be a rag fan. I'd feel sick reading that if I was one of the green and yellow's.

There can be no room for complaint about this from that lot. Whether it is morally reprehensible or not to do that to a business is completely irrelevant.

The cold, hard fact of the matter is what the Glazers are doing, is completely legal.

You float on the stockmarket, reap the financial benefits but conveniently forget that despite protestations to the contrary, the second you do this you are immediately up for sale 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. That's the nature of business.

The only concern for us over this is the Glazers being forced out and (I think someone has already alluded to this) the rags being offered in one of those 'buy for a quid' deals. That, or govenrment intervention.

A sustained period of mediocrity (or worse!) might just teach those arrogant twunts a bit of humility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.