Rags Debt - Daily Mail & Panorama [Merged]

Skashion said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
And there was a survey done about 2 years ago that said that, along with Liverpool, only about 25% of your home attendance was classed as local.
I've never seen that. Don't have a source do you?
I'm not sure (it was highlighted on the BBC website at the time) but Page 21 of this might have been the source:

Premier League fan survey<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:51 pm --<br /><br />Oh no - wrong source. Here we are;

September 25th, 2008 - 6:02 pm ICT by ANI -

London, Sep 25 (ANI): Football club Manchester United has the least number of local fans, according to a new poll.

After Top Up TV research analysts quizzed 1,042 supporters across U.K., they came to the conclusion that bigger clubs had wider fanbases, and English Premier League titleholder club Manchester United just has 1 in five fans from Manchester.

On the other hand, Hull city had the maximum number of local fans with 88 percent local fans, the survey added.

Everyone knows Man United fans are fair-weather supporters who come from London, America or Japan, The Sun quoted Hull City fan Jack Hornby, as saying.

Other clubs like Liverpool have 22 per cent local fans, while Chelsea scored 49 per cent and Arsenal 53. (ANI)

after united knocked city out of the carling cup, a united fan came onto manchester radio and was harping on about how they have a worldwide fanbase of 300 million, well by my reckoning if they all donated about 2 quid each utd would be able to balance the books.

you hardly need the red knights, just 2 quid each, why dont they set up a paypal account.

Prestwich_Blue said:
-- Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:51 pm --

Oh no - wrong source. Here we are;

September 25th, 2008 - 6:02 pm ICT by ANI -

London, Sep 25 (ANI): Football club Manchester United has the least number of local fans, according to a new poll.

After Top Up TV research analysts quizzed 1,042 supporters across U.K., they came to the conclusion that bigger clubs had wider fanbases, and English Premier League titleholder club Manchester United just has 1 in five fans from Manchester.

On the other hand, Hull city had the maximum number of local fans with 88 percent local fans, the survey added.

Everyone knows Man United fans are fair-weather supporters who come from London, America or Japan, The Sun quoted Hull City fan Jack Hornby, as saying.

Other clubs like Liverpool have 22 per cent local fans, while Chelsea scored 49 per cent and Arsenal 53. (ANI)

Thank you greatly for this ammunition. If you could provide a link I would be grateful as I wish to bookmark it.

Skashion said:
Thank you greatly for this ammunition. If you could provide a link I would be grateful as I wish to bookmark it.
Your wish is my command;

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/india-news/manu-has-least-number-of-local-fans_10099914.html<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:12 pm --<br /><br />Here's another link (to the Daily Telegraph) and the full table:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...vey-while-Bolton-spring-a-shock-Football.html

Premier League club % of local supporters

Hull City 88
Stoke City 85
Wigan Athletic 80
Newcastle United 76
Middlesbrough 76
Aston Villa 73
Fulham 73
Sunderland 67
West Bromwich Albion 67
West Ham United 66
Tottenham Hotspur 66
Blackburn Rovers 65
Manchester City 64
Portsmouth 63
Bolton Wanderers 57
Everton 55
Arsenal 53
Chelsea 49
Liverpool 22
Manchester United 20

samharris said:
bumbles said:
this is a great site for cliches..

posted form my home in Singapore/Devon/Guildford/

you choose...it gets rather dull

so you're from manchester then..?? your IP address would confirm it..

if asked (cos they can do it, especially de niro and he get's a bid of a kick out of it tbh)
would they confirm or deny it ??

feel free to answer truthfully :)
It's all gone quiet over there.....

Mëtal Bikër said:
samharris said:
so you're from manchester then..?? your IP address would confirm it..

if asked (cos they can do it, especially de niro and he get's a bid of a kick out of it tbh)
would they confirm or deny it ??

feel free to answer truthfully :)
It's all gone quiet over there.....

He's ad' it orf on his eel's officer...as they say in east laandon'.. :)

bumbles said:
well funny you should say that ...but the uptake of Seasoon tickets has caused some alarm at OT...they have put the application date back form end May to end June... as of last week less than 18,000 have applied compared to 53,000 last season ..

and Corporate box take up is down by 26%..

Haha. I love it that you associate this downturn in season tickets to spineless, green scarf waving, rags fans, making a stand against the Glazers. Really? That's how you justify it with yourself? I can almost hear your voice cracking with emotion, "bloody heroes every single one of those guys who defy those Glazers by missing our boys play out there. Bloody heroes, I tell ya" *sobs* You should put up a statue outide The Theatre of Dweebs showing the plight of the Utd fan.

BOLLOCKS!. I see how demoralised the rags are at work. Shoulders stooped, heads down. I sometimes think should I give them a hug but then I can't remember when the last time I got a tetinus jab was so I just give them a funeral-smile instead.
Their concerns aren't the Glazers. They are more concerned that they won't be winning stuff in the coming years. Yeah, they use the Glazer excuse (like you) and pretend they are passionate with the hate for them (even though they have had so much success under them. The mind boggles) but underneath it all, it's all about not winning stuff. That's why your fans will really stay away, because they will have nothing to cheer about. Because they are fickle....Fickle not being a strong enough defintion of how stupid and flakey you/they can be - 2nd in the league and league cup champions and yet they are still crying into their Mojitos all across London.

That's the mindset of a glory-hunter - The vast majority of you don't give a flying clit about the politics and economics of the club. You just want to talk loudly about your winning team.
True fans go through the thick and thin, through the good and bad. We stay and we rip the piss out of ourselves - have done for years. You should try that sometime. Laugh at yourself. Laugh at your club. It's the first step on the path of being a fan.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCiK-NKrCkw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCiK-NKrCkw</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.