Rags Thread

Re: General football/Manchester United forum

WNRH said:
I've counted 20 threads on them on this page alone, i know they have got a game coming up that might be topical in the general football forum but 20 threads?!?!

I think this section will be on my ignore list along with the transfer forum this summer. If i wanted to read countless threads on the rags i'd log onto Red cafe.
21 now!

Re: The Curious Case of Manchester United

That my friend is an excellent read and completely sums up this season

The cookie monster said:
WNRH said:
I've counted 20 threads on them on this page alone, i know they have got a game coming up that might be topical in the general football forum but 20 threads?!?!

I think this section will be on my ignore list along with the transfer forum this summer. If i wanted to read countless threads on the rags i'd log onto Red cafe.
21 now!

Key to the door........

Seriously 21 might have been needed to stop 22, 23, 24

Lucky Toma said:
Today's Daisy Cutter -

<a class="postlink" href="http://daisycutter.comule.com/?p=765" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://daisycutter.comule.com/?p=765</a>
a deadly accurate article,sralix carrying the team to where they have no right to be.'Expecting to win' is a fairy tale imo,being scared of losing is much more to the point.The take-over changed everything,in the past big-money reinforcements each season has been the m.o. that has enabled them to stay top of the pile, now that has not been possible they are wringing the results out ,at home especially, by a combination of hard work and reputation.Last minute goals are a sign of a team living on the edge,next year they could fall over it.

You are not the content police.

People may post what they like within the confines of the rules.

Manchester United are our local rivals, our league rivals and have a Champions League Final coming up. People want to talk about them; if you don't, then I'd question exactly how much into football as a sport that you really are. They are the most visible team on the planet and at a highly interesting point in their history, with 7 or 8 different issues that could make or break them in the next few years.

Damocles said:
You are not the content police.

People may post what they like within the confines of the rules.

Manchester United are our local rivals, our league rivals and have a Champions League Final coming up. People want to talk about them; if you don't, then I'd question exactly how much into football as a sport that you really are. They are the most visible team on the planet and at a highly interesting point in their history, with 7 or 8 different issues that could make or break them in the next few years.

You do not have to remind me of any of the above but to warrant 20 threads on a general football forum? Really? Go on RAWK and see how many threads there are on them on there. I hate and despise them as much as the next person but 20 threads on them on a general football forum is way OTT.

Whilst Damo is of course right in saying that people can post whatever they want on here, I do kind of agree with the OP in that many on here are always banging on about how them lot are obsessed with us, yet a quick comparison of message boards shows there to be many many more threads about them on here than there are threads about us on there.

This would point to our fans being the obsessed ones wouldn't it?

Great read mate and woudn't really argue any of the points you've raised there, imo though I think this team/squad has been a perfect example of something being far far better than the sum of it's parts, a bit like a flashier, expensive Everton side.

Bugs Bunny said:
Whilst Damo is of course right in saying that people can post whatever they want on here, I do kind of agree with the OP in that many on here are always banging on about how them lot are obsessed with us, yet a quick comparison of message boards shows there to be many many more threads about them on here than there are threads about us on there.

This would point to our fans being the obsessed ones wouldn't it?
You just went hit the nail bang on the head.
I've heard 2 references to United fans since we won the FA Cup:
'Bitter' and 'obsessed'.
I shake my head in confusion at both those references and can qualify my confusion for each one:
'Bitter' - Err, we have 'only' won the FA Cup, they have nothing to be bitter about until we have won 12 PL's, 2 CL's and a shit load more FA Cups and League Cups.
'Obsessed' - Well this thread explains why that is also a myth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.