Rags Thread

Re: The Curious Case of Manchester United

Ta lads.

I'm with you Tony - the only time I was critical of Bobby this season was in his overly-cautious approach to the home derby. There seemed to be a complicit acceptance from both sides beforehand to take a point each, but a point benefited them far more than ourselves.
They were really struggling for form and coherency at that time and produced next to nothing on the night. It was a genuine missed opportunity to nip their unbeaten run in the bud and announce ourselves as challengers.
Like you say though, lessons were obviously learnt and I can't imagine such a scenario being played out again like that.

Re: General football/Manchester United forum

Manchester City have just qualified for the Champions League.

Manchester City have just finished joint 2nd with Chelsea.

Manchester City have just won the FA Cup.

This has gotten the Rags in a tizz and all over the city, City fans are having to listen to their bile, and vitriol and some feel that posting a thread slagging Utd off or mocking them and their players is a good release. The Rag Forums have been doing the same and although i don't see the point of searching their forums we know that some City fans do, or at least get wind of the BS they're spouting.

That's why there's been an increase. Normally i don't see any Rag threads unless there's a derby coming up. They've not been appearing for no reason at all.

And why would you ignore the transfer forum? It's the only thing worth visiting in the off season.

Mëtal Bikër said:

This has gotten the Rags in a tizz and all over the city, City fans are having to listen to their bile, and vitriol and some feel that posting a thread slagging Utd off or mocking them and their players is a good release. The Rag Forums have been doing the same and although i don't see the point of searching their forums we know that some City fans do, or at least get wind of the BS they're spouting.

That's why there's been an increase. Normally i don't see any Rag threads unless there's a derby coming up.
They have won the league and are in the CL final, they have nothing to be in a tizz about. No, what it actually is, is people believing they are bitter towards us, but like I said earlier until we start winning what they are winning and stopping them from winning it themselves, they have nothing to be bitter about. I know loads of United fans for what it's worth, and other than the usual club-club banter they don't care what we have won because they have bigger fish to fry, (from their point of view)

Re: Rags Grind My Gears

Tomalonge said:
Really?

I was just asked if Manchester United were in Lancashire and called Lancashire United would I still support them? And the answer to that is shockingly a resounding yes. Or am I missing something again?

I don't understand the anger, I really don't. Get over it.

-- Wed May 25, 2011 10:56 pm --

You have entitlement issues, and delusions of grandeur. Being a fan of any club doesn't make you any better than any other football fan, and individuality will always flaw your generalisations of the "Red Scum". I guarantee that you know precisely diddly-shit about me, apart from my favourite football team.
Yes you are missing something again, in fact i'd say you are completely wide of the mark. I was asking you would you still consider United as a team from "Manchester" when they are based in an area called Greater "Manchester", if it had never been called that and was called "Lower Lancashire" instead, would you still consider United as being in Manchester as that's the only connection the club has?

Also, YOU are on a City forum. You have called several City fans on here "bitter" purely because they disagree with your views and how you've been totally brainwashed by the propaganda your club purports. You even called me a "twisted nitpicking little shit" because I disagreed with your 'opinions', you got quite upset if i recall.

No, we don't know about you personally, but for fitting the criteria of the "typical, superiority complex suffering, arrogant, smug, tosspot, deluded, ill-informed, blinkered Man United fan who's obsessed with Manchester City" you fit the description quite perfectly.

Most Blues simply shorten it to 'Red Scum' to save time.
skull%20(5).gif

General football/Manchester United forum

WNRH said:
I've counted 20 threads on them on this page alone, i know they have got a game coming up that might be topical in the general football forum but 20 threads?!?!

I think this section will be on my ignore list along with the transfer forum this summer. If i wanted to read countless threads on the rags i'd log onto Red cafe.

It's because we have about 10% of people on here who are rags!!!

It annoys me that the U word is used! if they start a thread regarding that bunch in stretford use Scum!!

Mëtal Bikër said:
Tomalonge said:
Really?

I was just asked if Manchester United were in Lancashire and called Lancashire United would I still support them? And the answer to that is shockingly a resounding yes. Or am I missing something again?

You have entitlement issues, and delusions of grandeur. Being a fan of any club doesn't make you any better than any other football fan, and individuality will always flaw your generalisations of the "Red Scum". I guarantee that you know precisely diddly-shit about me, apart from my favourite football team.
1) Yes you are missing something again, in fact i'd say you are completely wide of the mark. I was asking you would you still consider United as a team from "Manchester" when they are based in an area called Greater "Manchester", if it had never been called that and was called "Lower Lancashire" instead, would you still consider United as being in Manchester as that's the only connection the club has?

2) Also, YOU are on a City forum. You have called several City fans on here "bitter" purely because they disagree with your views and how you've been totally brainwashed by the propaganda your club purports. You even called me a "twisted nitpicking little shit" because I disagreed with your 'opinions', you got quite upset if i recall.

3) No, we don't know about you personally, but for fitting the criteria of the "typical, superiority complex suffering, arrogant, smug, tosspot, deluded, ill-informed, blinkered Man United fan who's obsessed with Manchester City" you fit the description quite perfectly.

skull%20(5).gif
1) I still fail to see your point, it's a name change, Oldham's in Manchester, Bury's in Manchester, Wigan's in Manchester, Trafford is in Manchester. We'll have to agree to disagree, which I don't have a problem with.

2) No, I said that because at the time, the comments were very bitter and I knew it would be an easy way of winding you up. And you were being a nitpicking little shit, you were tarring me with the same brush as every other United fan blindly with the minutest of detail, I find my observation not only the correct judgement, but excellently put too.

3) You just listed things you've been guilty of too, shall we have a hypocrite-off? I hate the colour red.

3a) Liverpool, not Manchester City. If you're going to stereotype me, at least give me a stereotype that fits, learn your rival's rivals and you might be on your way to having a clue.

Jesus christ, it's like pulling teeth.

Pigeonho said:
Mëtal Bikër said:

That's why there's been an increase. Normally i don't see any Rag threads unless there's a derby coming up.
They have won the league and are in the CL final, they have nothing to be in a tizz about. No, what it actually is, is people believing they are bitter towards us, but like I said earlier until we start winning what they are winning and stopping them from winning it themselves, they have nothing to be bitter about. I know loads of United fans for what it's worth, and other than the usual club-club banter they don't care what we have won because they have bigger fish to fry, (from their point of view)
No they shouldn't be.

You know this, i know this, the whole world knows this.

Doesn't stop them though does it. Out of the thousands of football fans in this City alone there's bound to be at least 20 who have seen, heard or read a topic where a rag has been bleating about the Blues and they can't contain themselves and so post on this forum. No one though should take that as a reflection of the attitudes of all City supporters because a few threads appear on a football forum, which appears to be the worry whenever these threads appear.

But complaining about it is just as pointless as those who start these threads. these threads happen, but over time will go away as everything dies down again. At least until the Community Shield, oy vey...

Polyester_Sewing_Thread.jpg

Re: The Curious Case of Manchester United

Thank god someones finally said it and been able to encapsulate it in a thoughtful, erudite and articulate manner

Tomalonge said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
Tomalonge said:
Really?

1) Yes you are missing something again, in fact i'd say you are completely wide of the mark. I was asking you would you still consider United as a team from "Manchester" when they are based in an area called Greater "Manchester", if it had never been called that and was called "Lower Lancashire" instead, would you still consider United as being in Manchester as that's the only connection the club has?

2) Also, YOU are on a City forum. You have called several City fans on here "bitter" purely because they disagree with your views and how you've been totally brainwashed by the propaganda your club purports. You even called me a "twisted nitpicking little shit" because I disagreed with your 'opinions', you got quite upset if i recall.

3) No, we don't know about you personally, but for fitting the criteria of the "typical, superiority complex suffering, arrogant, smug, tosspot, deluded, ill-informed, blinkered Man United fan who's obsessed with Manchester City" you fit the description quite perfectly.

skull%20(5).gif
1) I still fail to see your point, it's a name change, Oldham's in Manchester, Bury's in Manchester, Wigan's in Manchester, Trafford is in Manchester. We'll have to agree to disagree, which I don't have a problem with.

2) No, I said that because at the time, the comments were very bitter and I knew it would be an easy way of winding you up. And you were being a nitpicking little shit, you were tarring me with the same brush as every other United fan blindly with the minutest of detail, I find my observation not only the correct judgement, but excellently put too.

3) You just listed things you've been guilty of too, shall we have a hypocrite-off? I hate the colour red.

3a) Liverpool, not Manchester City. If you're going to stereotype me, at least give me a stereotype that fits, learn your rival's rivals and you might be on your way to having a clue.

Jesus christ, it's like pulling teeth.
1) Manchester and Greater Manchester are not the same thing. New Jersey is in New York doncha know. But how when New York is a City??? Well New York is also the name of the state. But whereas New York state was founded at the beginning, "Greater Manchester" was created to win more seats for MP's. Before then, Manchester, Salford, Oldham and Bury were a part of the County of Lancashire, hence the Red Rose appearing on City's old crest.

Salford is a separate city in it's own right, but under YOUR logic, because it's in Greater Manchester, Salford is in Manchester????? But as you pointed out, it's a "Name change". United are Manchester in name only, Manchester City have the heritage and association in more than just tacking the word on the front.

2) So you admit to being a bitter, argumentative, wind up merchant who's only on Bluemoon to cause disruption, not offer a differing opinion or valid insight. I was tarring you because you have done nothing to give the impression you are anything other than, you even admitted to it. You may have a higher quality of diction than the usual Rag who frequents this place, but an eloquent liar, is still a liar.

3) Only a Rag would want to find the 'moral high ground' over football.
halloween_skulls_33.gif

3a) Well RAWK is thataway>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I'd rather not have any contact with 'rivals' at all. I'm here to discuss all matters concerning Manchester City, what exactly would i gain from a Rag like yourself who's admitted he is here to wind people up? I'm not 12 anymore kiddo. If i wanted to listen to the opinions of Liverpool, Arsenal or United fans about City i'd join their forums, but Bluemoon is slightly more liberal in it's attitude and allows all types of discussion so long as it isn't abusive, which what makes this forum the best football forum on the web i feel.

I welcome all opposing views so long as they are based on fact or can at least be backed up relevant or informed viewpoints.

Not, 'we're United, we've won more trophies than you' which is all you've contributed thus far.

Jeez it's like pulling teeth!!
00075C45-7198-1254-B19883414B7F0000_1.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.