Rags Thread

Re: Hypocracy by the rags?

Tomalonge said:
lloydie said:
Tomalonge said:
I hope so, I really hope you're the only one who's made that, quite ludicrous, assessment.

Just because we lost players due to an earlier crash? Is that a reason to not do airline safety commercials for a sponsor?

Let me guess, this would be under the category of "Still milking the Munich Disaster"?

-- Fri May 27, 2011 11:23 am --

You'd hope so, really. Or should United just avoid planes altogether now?

Light hearted and comedic references to plane crashes is ok then?
Well yeah, because it's for a good cause. I'm missing something again, aren't I?

Go on, why is it so hypocritical? I'm not trying to be an ass here, I just really don't understand.

I'ts hypocritical because if I mention the word MUNICH to any of you rags, you get your moral compass out in a heartbeat, yet here are your heroes making a goddamn comedy act while explaining air travel safety. Insensitive to say the least. But you rags do hypocracy well don't you. Elbow at Wigan then have the absolute balls to complain about the ref at Chelsea. Your baconfaced leader crying about a fucking welcome to Manchester banner while allowing a 35 year banner IN YOUR STINKING GROUND. Yes, you rags do hypocracy well.

I really hoped that wasn't the hypocrisy you were referring to, OP, but it appears it is. I'll say this blue to blue. There is clutching at straws and clutching at straws. You, my friend, are clutching at a whole fistful of the things with this 'dig' at United. What are they supposed to do, never ever associate themselves with any airline again, ever? The video is for one of their sponsors, and whilst being full of cheese it's got an element of comedy about it. If it had been a video about how to pick dead bodies up off a freezing, German runway then yeah, it would be in bad taste. It's not though.

And no, before the 'rag sympathiser' comments come out, i'm not. It's just sometimes this forum will sink to pathetic depths to have a dig, and when those pathetic attempts are made out of the flimziest of material to have those digs, it looks bitter, twisted and like we, (or I should say some of us), just can't stop thinking about United.

Poor. So very very piss poor.

Manchester United in airline safety commercial.

That is all.

Re: Ji Sung Park

I thought he was best mates with Carlos at the swamp, along with Evra.

Or are these 2 not allowed to fraternise with El Apache anymore?

Pigeonho said:
I really hoped that wasn't the hypocrisy you were referring to, OP, but it appears it is. I'll say this blue to blue. There is clutching at straws and clutching at straws. You, my friend, are clutching at a whole fistful of the things with this 'dig' at United. What are they supposed to do, never ever associate themselves with any airline again, ever? The video is for one of their sponsors, and whilst being full of cheese it's got an element of comedy about it. If it had been a video about how to pick dead bodies up off a freezing, German runway then yeah, it would be in bad taste. It's not though.

And no, before the 'rag sympathiser' comments come out, i'm not. It's just sometimes this forum will sink to pathetic depths to have a dig, and when those pathetic attempts are made out of the flimziest of material to have those digs, it looks bitter, twisted and like we, (or I should say some of us), just can't stop thinking about United.

So you don't think it one bit in bad taste that they do this as comedy, as a joke, as a laugh? I think it would've been better if they did the thing but not to make a joke of it. Sorry, but if they're still going to be overly concerned with the word MUNICH, they should at least not make any light hearted joking videos illustrating airline safety. That, Mr Pigeon, is what's piss poor.
Look, I don't look for digs at that lot. I hate them, yes, but i don't need to feed that hate by looking for shit to complain about. I just happened to see this article, and think it's a bit out of order for them. That is all. No clutching of straws here. My opinion & I'm damn sure entitled to it.

grandsolo said:
Pigeonho said:

So you don't think it one bit in bad taste that they do this as comedy, as a joke, as a laugh? I think it would've been better if they did the thing but not to make a joke of it. Sorry, but if they're still going to be overly concerned with the word MUNICH, they should at least not make any light hearted joking videos illustrating airline safety. That, Mr Pigeon, is what's piss poor.
Look, I don't look for digs at that lot. I hate them, yes, but i don't need to feed that hate by looking for shit to complain about. I just happened to see this article, and think it's a bit out of order for them. That is all. No clutching of straws here. My opinion & I'm damn sure entitled to it.
Course its clutching at straws! You've linked them doing a joke ad for their sponsor to an even that happened 54 years ago! Like I say, what are they supposed to do, never do anything to do with airlines ever again?

Pigeonho said:
grandsolo said:
Pigeonho said:

Course its clutching at straws! You've linked them doing a joke ad for their sponsor to an even that happened 54 years ago! Like I say, what are they supposed to do, never do anything to do with airlines ever again?

In a lighthearted joking way? Absolutely not. Like I said, handle it with seriousness, as it is a very serious matter. I don't have a problem that they made the video. I have a problem with the joking nature of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.