Rags Thread

Re: North-West tonight

Pigeonho said:
Ok fair enough. Tell me though, with one FA Cup to our name in 34 years, what do they have to be obsessed about? Genuine question that, not being funny.

I wrote this in another thread the reason I think so many of them are bitter/obsessed with lickle City:

Their younger fans are the worst, the older ones not so bad (generally).

The younger ones have grown up knowing nothing but success so have no real character, they don't understand disappointment and can't fathom why we're so joyous and enjoying ourselves. They find it puzzling why we celebrate a "mere" FA Cup win.

Regular success has desensitized them so much that it means very little to them now and they get their jollies from (attempting) taunting us, Liverpool fans, and whoever else.

Part of their entire character now is arrogance and demeaning "lesser" clubs (at least any that pose the slightest threat to them) because success to them has no novelty and the impact of winning stuff isn't enough for many of them anymore. The "We'll do what we want" song they sing sums up said arrogance perfectly.

Pigeonho said:
Ok fair enough. Tell me though, with one FA Cup to our name in 34 years, what do they have to be obsessed about? Genuine question that, not being funny.

How about the fact that we are regarded as the true Manchester team. That certainly grates on Utd like nothing else.
You shouldn't need to ask really Pige

Pigeonho said:
RP2 said:
Pigeonho said:
Didn't mean it like that mate, god no! I'm not the thread police.
What I meant was you said they are obsessed with us. Go and count the amount of United-esque threads in General Forum. My opinion? They have nothing to be obsessed about, whereas it appears we do.

Mate, I agree that we are just as bad when it comes to 'obsessing' - but we have always had a reason to be bitter !!! They have NO reason to be bitter/obsessive, yet A LOT clearly are, from my experience.
A fan of a club winning league titles, CL titles an what not, has no reason to be obsessed with us. From what i've gauged on here it's like people want them to be obsessed with us, simply so they can say back to them what they have said to us for years. Same with the bitter tag. I've never been obsessed or bitter towards them though, so maybe i'm wrong.

the bitterness towards city in salford is unbelievable and has been growing since our take over, they hate us with a vengeance, and all this sitting back and letting it slide is not going to make it go away. so fuck this love your neighbour bollox, give what you get and shut the fuckers up.

you can be a lion or a lamb its a personal choice.

Pigeonho said:
Steviesleftpeg said:
On the BBC tonight. They were interviewing some United fans from Middleton about the final.

One of the little kids was holding a sign which said '43 years, 20,000 empty seats'.

They are so obsessed with us its becoming very embarrassing. Biggest game of their season and that is all they can think about. Actually I'd go beyond embarrassing, it's just sad.

Guess how many of those 'Mancunian' United fans were going? One. And he was from Australia and got his ticket through the Melbourne supporters club (no offence Aussie Blues)
Go to the general forum.

Just on queue our resident rag berates another CITY FAN who dares criticsise the media who slag us off!!!

When are the mods going to grow some balls and ban him?

FFS he has been outed so many times!!!

Pigeonho said:
LoveCity said:
Pigeonho said:
The most ironic post ever.

Nah, if I was obsessed with them I'd spend an hour and post endless links of stuff to show you even more that in fact, many United fans are obsessed with us. Reading your post, I went to the only United forum I've heard of and saw those threads on the opening pages. Not much effort and certainly no obsession.

What is strangely obsessive behaviour though is picking out any posts that suggest the media hates us or fans of other clubs hate us and demeaning City fans for doing that. I wonder who does that?

Fk off to rag caf u boring boring boring c...

North-West tonight

Pigeonho said:
RP2 said:
Pigeonho said:
Didn't mean it like that mate, god no! I'm not the thread police.
What I meant was you said they are obsessed with us. Go and count the amount of United-esque threads in General Forum. My opinion? They have nothing to be obsessed about, whereas it appears we do.

Mate, I agree that we are just as bad when it comes to 'obsessing' - but we have always had a reason to be bitter !!! They have NO reason to be bitter/obsessive, yet A LOT clearly are, from my experience.
A fan of a club winning league titles, CL titles an what not, has no reason to be obsessed with us. From what i've gauged on here it's like people want them to be obsessed with us, simply so they can say back to them what they have said to us for years. Same with the bitter tag. I've never been obsessed or bitter towards them though, so maybe i'm wrong.

Reading most of your post you seem to be a well balanced no alliances poster!

Are you a supporter of both teams?
Like my father is! Can't get me head around it really!

LoveCity said:
Pigeonho said:
A fan of a club winning league titles, CL titles an what not, has no reason to be obsessed with us.

These took me about a minute to find:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f7/bluemoon-goes-into-meltdown-287034/index50.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f7/bluemoon-goes ... dex50.html</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f7/now-dust-has-settled-citys-parade-330615/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f7/now-dust-has- ... de-330615/</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f7/oh-irony-329797/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f7/oh-irony-329797/</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f7/time-leave-city-centre-330498/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f7/time-leave-ci ... re-330498/</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f7/city-winning-fa-cup-like-329505/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f7/city-winning- ... ke-329505/</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f7/city-fans-stupid-tattoos-329411/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f7/city-fans-stu ... os-329411/</a>

Cop for that Pigeonho!

Re: Rags Grind My Gears

mancunian_red_84 said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
mancunian_red_84 said:
I am not arguing united was formed in manchester, city wasn't formed in manchester either if you want to be technical.

What I am saying is the name manchester united is perfectly legitimate, since when it was decided what to call the club was located in manchester and the support united had at that time mostly came from the city of manchester.

The truth here is you have two schools of thought , one that football clubs should reflect their area which is why one of your board resigned when you moved to south manchester and set up manchester central arguing that east/central manchester had a right to a football club.

Or you had the other school of thought in that football clubs can be grown by tapping into other areas, particularly untapped ones.

Now if you guys want to argue about the modern day manchester united, particularly since they dropped football club from the badge and decided to tap into every foreign market they can....ill hold my hands up and rip my own club to shreads for some of the shameless stuff thats gone on and also point out the stuff your club is beginning to do that resembles the early stages of what we did 15-20 years ago.

But no way whatsoever are city the only mancunian club, we are too big in manchester for that one and by big im not talking about armchairs and 3d tv's in pubs, im talking about your average week in week out manc lads.

United has and will continue to draw huge numbers of these lads from the city regardless of success.

I think if city are to become the new power around these parts you need to move away from this mentality you have, your owners certainly plan to rightly or wrongly.
You're not arguing because you know you're incorrect and nothing you have said changes these facts.

Newton Heath weren't formed in Manchester, St Marks weren't formed in Manchester, but Ardwick FC were. Man Utd ARE Newton Heath, St Mark's were the semi pro club which split in half, one stayed amateur the other formed as Ardwick. St Marks don't exist anymore.

No, Manchester no longer has one club which is highly popular in the area, but Manchester has only EVER had ONE Manchester Club (well briefly two when Manchester Central existed.) You're arguing points about how united have since made steps to associate themselves with the city of Manchester, but that's not the topic of discussion here.

It was when one United fan, who quickly became wound up and started getting angry, stated that Manchester and greater manchester are the same thing, that Gtr M/cr is a city and therefore Trafford is still a part of Manchester and when Utd were formed so were Newton heath. Instead of trying to establish an association to Manchester via methods, he was establishing that United are Mancunian through formation and heritage, which it isn't.

No-one's saying utd don't have a huge fanbase in Manchester, but then that's not what this topic of discussion has been about anyway.

The crux is.....United were not formed in Manchester. Manchester City, were.
4c1358bb.gif

Well that lad should have paid more attention in geography.

Didn't st marks merge with gorton athletic, naming themselves gorton a.f.c, and losing st marks name at this point. Then gorton a.f.c split into gorton a.f.c and west gorton athletic. this was 1887. then gorton a.f.c moved into aardwick, turned professional and called themselves ardwick a.f.c.

This all took place outside the city of manchester, you moved in and adpoted the name of ur area, but i am not sure why this and turning professional gives you extra credibility than.

Newton heath moving into the city (newton heath itself being incorporated during our time at bank street) and then adopting a name in 1902 that accurately reflected where it was located.

Granted it was only until 1910........to me the only argument you could say here is that we should have changed our name once we moved out of the city but before that both clubs were formed outside the city, both moved into the city and both changed their names.

or have i got the whole split wrong, that gorton a.f.c as an entirety turned professional and moved into the city of manchester naming themselves ardwick?
They relaunched as Ardwick FC, in Ardwick. not moved to Ardwick.
Newton Heath renamed themselves as Man Utd, and then moved out the area.

Ardwick started up as something new, Newton Heath changed their name to increase popularity. After seeing the popularity of Manchester City they wanted to "tap into" the area and an association by name would help. Whereas City were as a result of splits and mergers to become something completely new based in the district of Ardwick.

I hate your Team.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpzTv5fHgn0[/youtube]

I don't have any reason to be obsessed with hating the red twats, I just do, it isn't a new thing I've been doing it for nearly fifty years and I'm getting more proficient at it every day.

The main reason I hate the fuckers so much is because they are a despicable Club built on leaching, bullying, deceit, immoral behaviour, misusing god and religion to gain unfair advantage and power over people and families, having no perspective of loyalty certainly to ex players and specifically to those unfortunate enough to have suffered as a result of the Munich Air Disaster, which they have used ever since to promote a religion type cult following actually based on sympathy.
For having managers and players who beat their wives and anyone else for that matter and committ adultery like it's going out of fashion, for being geographically not from Manchester, but still using the name of OUR Great City, then parading to Trafford Town Hall (and Stretford Precinct lol).
For selling condemned meat to schools for consumption by children, for acting just like the Catholic Church in turning a blind eye to paedophilia and sexual abuse, bribing people from all walks of life, bleeding their so called supporters dry for their own gain, cheating, diving, feigning injury, using fear to influence referees, linesmen, other officials, and the press and media.
Building a team based on thuggish behaviour on and off the pitch and generally just being the most vile, arrogant and egotistical set of cunts imaginable.

If it wasn't for a lot of what I've highlighted above, I think I could become really fond of them as a second Club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.