Rags Thread

Re: The Truth

FA fury over Ferdinand
By Sam Wallace 12:01AM BST 20 Oct 2003
Comment
The Football Association are growing so impatient with Manchester United's continuing failure to hand over Rio Ferdinand's mobile phone records that they are considering charging him with wilfully evading a drugs test without waiting for that crucial evidence.

Investigators headed by FA compliance officer Steve Barrow will sit down today, still waiting for United's lawyers to produce details of calls made by the England defender. The records will help them to determine whether the player was out of contact for the crucial 90 minutes after the missed test - though details of the calls have now appeared in newspapers.

The FA do not understand why United - who are even sponsored by Vodafone - have not been able to hand over the evidence to allow them to come to a decision over what happened when the test was missed on Sept 23.

Privately, United admit that Ferdinand was in the wrong to leave their Carrington headquarters before seeing the testers, but they will still maintain that it was impossible to contact the player even though his phone had not been turned off.

They will accept a fine for breaking the rules of the drug test but will consider legal action if their £33 million defender receives a ban. The player's bouts of forgetfulness are well-known to club officials and they maintain it was nothing more sinister than Ferdinand being absent-minded.

However, United's unwillingness to hand over the phone records promptly has caused considerable interest in their content - which, from yesterday, Barrow's investigators at the FA were able to read in certain Sunday newspapers.

The records showing Ferdinand's alleged phone use on Sept 23 claim the England defender made a number of calls and sent numerous text messages in between leaving the club's training ground and finally making contact with United at 2pm.

The man trying to get in contact with Ferdinand was the club doctor Mike Stone who was replaced by stand-in doctor Tony Gill on the United bench during the defeat of Leeds at Elland Road on Saturday. The club said that Stone was at a wedding.

Analysis of the published phone records also reveal that Ferdinand allegedly tried to contact Patrick O'Reilly, a consultant urologist, who is understood to have recently treated the player for a kidney complaint at a private hospital in Cheshire. This attempted contact seems to have taken place around the time Ferdinand is said to have left the training ground.

Re: Rags Grind My Gears

Sugarloaf said:
jacko8684 said:
Tomalonge said:
Except you don't, and I just told you who I consider our main rival. You're a not-very-close second. (But lets face it, you have the benefit of not being scouse)

When you've won more trophies you'll be a rival, which shouldn't take too long, as the blue moon is rising.
a not very close second? how can a team that are 40 miles away be classed as more of a rival than a team less than 5 miles away? when they havent won the league for 22 years and they have Everton who are their main rival... fuckin rags.....always have been jealous of citys genuine supporters and so have tried to convince people we are irrelevant to them!! Be afraid cantona mask lovers...we are coming!!

I think that there is a big difference between team rivalry and fan rivalry. The club is certainly looking over it's shoulder at what is happening at City and any team that consistanly challenges for the top spot is a big rival in SAF's eyes.

Down the years this has been Leeds, Liverpool, Blackburn, Arsenal and Chelsea. Some of these battles on the pitch have been monumental, and the brawling with Arsenal was epic. It would be hard to say that during this entire period that Liverpool have been our main rival in a footballing sense, but in the fans eyes, many still look for the Liverpool fixtures above all else. The hatred is mutual and sometimes disturbing. United fans do not have that same level of loathing regarding City, and this may have something to do with our close proximity. Everyone knows a city fan at work or down the pub, and the banter is fairly harmless. Many United fans will poke fun at City and treat them as a joke, but with Liverpool it is pure hatred. The banter is replaced by violence, and thats why many will still concede that they are our main rival.

Awww, Bless !!

Tomorrow ManU fans will try to beat the Wembley ground clearance record they set in the Semi Final against City. It stands at 35 seconds.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Tomorrow ManU fans will try to beat the Wembley ground clearance record they set in the Semi Final against City. It stands at 35 seconds.
What are the current odds for 27 seconds?

Put me down for £20, i'm good for it.

Re: The Truth

Unknown_Genius said:
I have it on good word, that the reason he missed it, was because he was being treated for an STI, and didn't want it to show up, and become known.

There was a rumour he broke his todger the night before. Rewind Bluemoon 2007 lol!

Re: North-West tonight

Pigeonho said:
Steviesleftpeg said:
Pigeonho said:
Go to the general forum.

Sorry mate. Literally just got in from my run and caught it and thought 'must rant'. Please delete/move as appropriate mods
Didn't mean it like that mate, god no! I'm not the thread police.
What I meant was you said they are obsessed with us. Go and count the amount of United-esque threads in General Forum. My opinion? They have nothing to be obsessed about, whereas it appears we do.

I need to ask you a question Pige

Why is it that you only seem to be animated on 2 subjects (as well as hyper vigilant and vociferous )

A) questions of whether the press are negative about our club

and
b) whether we are obessed with the rags.

I have to say that , since our last disgreement, I still can't find any positive posts about CITY ( you remember: that club you're meant to support)
You don't actually seem interested in any other footy related threads

Mëtal Bikër said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
What are the current odds for 27 seconds?

Put me down for £20, i'm good for it.

...and apparently the Barca fans have agreed to do the Poznan when they score !

Pigeonho said:
de niro said:
Pigeonho said:
Just say it, '****'. There, I said it for you.
The thing is though I could be a sheep like everyone else and 'hate United' because it's the right thing to do, or I could just say things the way i want to say them, i.e. the way I SEE them. I suspect most who follow the masses and hate united 'because its in my blood', will be secretly cheering them on tomorrow night, infact i'd put a large portion of my mortgage on it. Me on the other hand, well I will not bad an eye lid should Barca score or should United score. Why? Because none of them are City. As I say though, it is like looking through glass sometimes at how clear it is that many on this forum, and this subject especially, are just following the masses in their hatred for United. Whether thats because they believe it will make them appear to be a bigger blue, make them look good or just make them feel like they fit in I don't know, but I tell you something, I would rather be the way I am, focussing absolutely 100% on City than have all this fake hatred of a team people like me couldn't give a shit about. So take that, stick it up your arse and go and fuck yourself dick head. You've stalked me for the last month, obsessively following what I post and its sad as fuck.

what the fuck is this shit?
It's me explaining the way it is, and then telling 80's shorts to stop being a Ferdinand-esque stalker. He quotes almost everything I put, 99% of the time with a shitty remark at the end of it, like here where he tells me to 'fuck off back to rage cafe you ****'.

Just read this post properly....

Oh dear ... spotted & sussed

Bye bye Pige...

Pigeonho said:
de niro said:
Pigeonho said:
The thing is though I could be a sheep like everyone else and 'hate United' because it's the right thing to do, or I could just say things the way i want to say them, i.e. the way I SEE them. I suspect most who follow the masses and hate united 'because its in my blood', will be secretly cheering them on tomorrow night, infact i'd put a large portion of my mortgage on it. Me on the other hand, well I will not bad an eye lid should Barca score or should United score. Why? Because none of them are City. As I say though, it is like looking through glass sometimes at how clear it is that many on this forum, and this subject especially, are just following the masses in their hatred for United. Whether thats because they believe it will make them appear to be a bigger blue, make them look good or just make them feel like they fit in I don't know, but I tell you something, I would rather be the way I am, focussing absolutely 100% on City than have all this fake hatred of a team people like me couldn't give a shit about. So take that, stick it up your arse and go and fuck yourself dick head. You've stalked me for the last month, obsessively following what I post and its sad as fuck.

what the fuck is this shit?
It's me explaining the way it is, and then telling 80's shorts to stop being a Ferdinand-esque stalker. He quotes almost everything I put, 99% of the time with a shitty remark at the end of it, like here where he tells me to 'fuck off back to rage cafe you ****'.

Can't stand them or their Club but don't fit into any of your categories. They've earn't my dislike over many years. Couldn't care less how big a blue anyone thinks I am, wouldn't hit one except in self defence (nearly had to on cup final day) and certainly don't like them winning a thing, in fact I hope they crash and burn.
I don't mind you holding your opinion and I won't try and pigeonhole you (see what I did there) but this constant reminding blues how much of a bigger and better person you are is just tedious now.

Pigeonho said:
mcfcliam said:
Pigeonho said:

Sorry pidge but that' utter shite.
Nah, it's not. See when you support City from where I am, with a non-existent emotion towards United, you get to see 2 types of City fan, infact no, 3 types to be honest. 1, the type like me who has the ability to not let bias affect how they see things. 2, those who genuinely hate United and who you just know that, given the chance, they would probably commit an act of murder to show their hatred, (I have seen City mates of mine turn on their red mates, just because they support United, and for no other reason). Then theres the more common 3rd type, the ones who say they hate united but its a facade, an act of allegiance to City but only to impress others. Secretly they will want United to succeed tomorrow, but because it sounds better and because it is more acceptable to fit in, they will claim that United have 'ruined their lives', even though they are only 18 and have nothing to from united to have their lives ruined. We all want to fit in at somethings in our lives, for some though they simply have to be sheep to do it, and I would hate, hate, hate to be that way.
yes we live and die by our own team, but most of us have to live and work with arrogant armchair United fans in our faces. Two defeats on the trot at Wembley would shut them up all Summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.