Rags Thread

Is Ferguson all that?

While I know Ferguson has plenty of supporters on BM, after last nights abject display I wondered if in fact he is seriously overated by almost everybody.

No-one can deny that in England he has reigned supreme. However his record in Europe is pretty poor.

OK he's won two Champions Leagues. But both of them have been hugely fortuitous. Both times outplayed first by Bayern and then Chelsea. Throw in two more losing finals where he has been unable to come up with anything remotely convincing.

In his time in charge of arguably one of the big four European clubs, the others being Milan, Madrid, Barca, he has underperformed. Milan, Madrid and now Barca have all built hugely memorable sides. In addition the Ajax side of the 90s did very well given limited resources.

Unlike Mourinho, Ancelotti, Hiddink, Capello etc he has always stayed
well within his comfort zone reshaping sides with the vast somes of money denied other teams in this country.

I am not saying he's crap, just maybe not quite as good as some people say he is.

Re: Is Ferguson all that?

robbieh said:
While I know Ferguson has plenty of supporters on BM, after last nights abject display I wondered if in fact he is seriously overated by almost everybody.

No-one can deny that in England he has reigned supreme. However his record in Europe is pretty poor.
OK he's won two Champions Leagues. But both of them have been hugely fortuitous. Both times outplayed first by Bayern and then Chelsea. Throw in two more losing finals where he has been unable to come up with anything remotely convincing.

In his time in charge of arguably one of the big four European clubs, the others being Milan, Madrid, Barca, he has underperformed. Milan, Madrid and now Barca have all built hugely memorable sides. In addition the Ajax side of the 90s did very well given limited resources.

well within his comfort zone reshaping sides with the vast somes of money denied other teams in this country.

I am not saying he's crap, just maybe not quite as good as some people say he is.

shocking record !

Re: Have the rules changed for bookings?

Pissed myself last night when a Rag called Talkshite and said Barca got all the decisions.

Valencia would have been off in a normal prem game!

I hate the red faced cntt but he is one of the best managers of all time. Wish I could agree but I cannot.

robbieh said:

gone-fishin.jpg

Re: "Fergie Was Right Your Fans Are S****"

This can't be true?

I distinctly remember SSN telling us how sporting they were and applauding the winners in the ground.

This was said with a backdrop of Wembley Park tube station which was rammed out with reds trying to get back to the Home Counties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.