Rags to be re-instated to champions league?

Re: Rags re-instated to champions league

Prestwich_Blue said:
UEFA rules are quite clear. The best placed team eliminated would go through and that's us.

Have you made this up? All media outlets are reporting Manure will be reinstated.

cookster said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
UEFA rules are quite clear. The best placed team eliminated would go through and that's us.

Have you made this up? All media outlets are reporting Manure will be reinstated.

Last time this happened in the Euro championships, Denmark got the place on the basis of being the highest placed team not to qualify.

I would be pissed if I was FC Basel, I mean think about it Sion signed players while they had a transfer ban on Basel are one of the victims seeing as it was in their league and yet because of Sion's actions they are being thrown out!!! Even if PB is correct and it should be us thats returned, it's wrong.

If you can remember the draw on friday last, one of the rules stated that no two teams from the same qualifying group could meet in the last 16. Their not gonna re-draw are they. Let the rags have it.

MSP said:
Swiss FA is under jurisdiction of UEFA and FIFA but Sion got permission for those 6 players to play in Swiss league doing the same thing they did with UEFA - they went to civil court and got permission from them.

I would not be happy for us to get reinstated on this way. We dropped out fairly and it would be no satisfaction to come back.

And to be fair to rags, I've read same thread over there before it appeared here and most of them share my view and wrote that they don't want to get reinstated like this.

Same here, the two best sides qualified out of our group & that should be that.

Re: Rags to get back in Champions League perhaps

Carver said:
It's nowt to do with Basel, why should they suffer?
Everton were the champions of England and had nothing to do with Liverpool fans murdering a load of Juve fans. But all English clubs were threon out of Europe, including Everton who couldn't play in the European Cup as champions.

danburge82 said:
Carver said:
Everton were the champions of England and had nothing to do with Liverpool fans murdering a load of Juve fans. But all English clubs were threon out of Europe, including Everton who couldn't play in the European Cup as champions.

Wasn't it the British government that banned English clubs, not UEFA?

Unknown_Genius said:
danburge82 said:
Carver said:

Wasn't it the British government that banned English clubs, not UEFA?

Why would the govt ban them? Of course it was UEFA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.