Rags V Real...

Just so you could know if some rag send you this pic, it was when vidic hit the post and when welbeck was in offside:

Welbeck_1685692a.jpg

2sheikhs said:
MCFC BOB said:
Caveman said:
I thought it was very harsh. I'd be very unhappy if that was a City player. Yellow card and a talking to, nine times out of nine and a half for that sort of thing.
Yep, basically my thoughts on the matter.
Both feet off the ground, no control over his momentum, studs showing, foot at chest height, straight red.

Are you saying that this was on parr with NDJ`s tackle in the WC Final ???
Absolute bollocks.I just wonder what your opinion would have been had it been a City player ??? Ooppppppppppsssssss.Blue tinted glasses once again !!!!!!!!!!

Tom_mcfc said:
Anyone saying it was a red are on another planet. If a city player got sent off for that there would be uproar and agenda this and that.

Not that I care and im delighted he was sent off makes it even funnier. Can't get my head round everyone ignoring rafaels handball that stopped a goal and madrids perfectly good goal that got chalked off.

Not on twitter but can someone tweet Wayne for me. Vivaronaldo

Balotelli did and we accepted it

What I could not understand was from the minute the red came out their was not one song about our beloved city, I counted 30 chants about us tonight, really disappointed I expected at least 40

bobmcfc said:
Tom_mcfc said:
Anyone saying it was a red are on another planet. If a city player got sent off for that there would be uproar and agenda this and that.

Not that I care and im delighted he was sent off makes it even funnier. Can't get my head round everyone ignoring rafaels handball that stopped a goal and madrids perfectly good goal that got chalked off.

Not on twitter but can someone tweet Wayne for me. Vivaronaldo

Balotelli did and we accepted it

exactly, and most thought he was idiot for doing it

geez, has everyone forgotten fungus last season, regarding vinnie and his sending, or how the media completly ignored Evra's elbow on Micah, or Giggs taking Kun out from behind? *UCK them and their scum club who have got away with more shit in the last 10 years than there is room to write. They got lucky in the first leg, that luck ran out tonight, couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch shite hawks than them, lovely.

MCFC BOB said:
Caveman said:
I thought it was very harsh. I'd be very unhappy if that was a City player. Yellow card and a talking to, nine times out of nine and a half for that sort of thing.

Maybe so in the PL.

But this is European competition and we KNOW they interpret things differently. Especially high tackles.

But you're right that Mourinho played the situation superbly whilst Taggart shouted/spat/pointed at everyone else. He and the team had lost that game there and then, despite them still being in a winning position when it happened.

They have a habit of capitulating when they're down to 10 men... I can think of 3 times including tonight (plus v us in the SF and the 1-6) when they've gone on to lose big games now by seeming to simply give up the ghost after losing a man.

Shithouses.

-)<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:22 am --<br /><br />
MSP said:
Just so you could know if some rag send you this pic, it was when vidic hit the post and when welbeck was in offside:

Welbeck_1685692a.jpg

Ramos is just trying to keep him onside...

oakiecokie said:
2sheikhs said:
MCFC BOB said:
Both feet off the ground, no control over his momentum, studs showing, foot at chest height, straight red.

Are you saying that this was on parr with NDJ`s tackle in the WC Final ???
Absolute bollocks.I just wonder what your opinion would have been had it been a City player ??? Ooppppppppppsssssss.Blue tinted glasses once again !!!!!!!!!!

vinnie, mario and zabs have been sent of, for far , far less screw them.

ex-ref Graham Poll's take on the matter in the dailymail...

Nani's dismissal might have looked harsh, but United were lucky Rafael didn't see red too... and Rio could find himself in hot water after sarcastic applause at referee Cakir

Manchester United will feel robbed of the chance to progress in the Champions League and cite the dismissal of Nani in the 56th minute as the turning point of the game.
However, they should have had a player sent off just a few minutes after the Nani incident when a goal bound effort was blocked on the line by the arm of United full back Rafael.
Had Cuneyt Cakir merely cautioned Nani and dismissed Rafael then United fans would have felt hard done by - but not cheated as they did with the dismissal of Nani.

The Portuguese winger challenged for the ball with a raised foot and only had eyes for the ball but caught Alvaro Arbeloa. It looked like dangerous play and at worst a yellow card.
Cakir stood and waited for Nani to get up as he appeared to be injured from the challenge.
It is said that the best referees avoid surprises – this referee clearly does not agree with that and shocked the entire crowd at Old Trafford. However, I understand that the protection of players and ensuring their safety is drummed into UEFA referees at all seminars and with Pierluigi Collina, the European referees’ chief, sitting in the stand, Cakir will have felt enormous pressure to follow those guidelines.
Those elite UEFA referees watching will not have been surprised at the red card but the English ones would acknowledge they would not have dismissed a player for the same offence in a Premier League game.

Former United midfielder Roy Keane, analysing the incident, supported the red card and the more you watch the incident the more you can see why the Turkish referee decided that the red card was the appropriate sanction.
So, had Cakir been advised to dismiss Rafael as well, then Manchester United would have had just nine players and faced a penalty.
Cakir was having a superb game. He was almost faultless in the first half and despite the debate of the Nani red card he continued refereeing consistently through the game and would, I expect, be congratulated by UEFA on his performance.
Unlike Rio Ferdinand, who could well face a charge for his sarcastic applauding in the face of Cakir after the final whistle.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2288723/Rafael-sent-Nani-red-card--Graham-Poll.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Poll.html</a>

Underneath this article on the site is something about the Utd/Bayern game in 2010 when Rafael got sent off and Bayern went through, quote from that "Ferguson was furious with referee Nicola Rizzoli's decision, claiming the official had been influenced by the Bundesliga side's players when they surrounded the Italian". The irony of him stating that when his teams have bullied ref's for years, even tonight surrounded the ref multiple times to have a pop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.