Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buzzin for Sterling yesterday, hope he gains a bit of confidence and really pushes on this season.

Along with Stones, he was close to our best player yesterday. Excellent seeing him running at the full backs. That system Pep uses where the winger gets the whole flank and the full backs move into centre mid - it really suits Sterling. The boy's gonna go to another level this season and all the people who spent last season saying he can't shoot/control/pass/kick will be made to eat large amount of humble pie!

Just wait till he actually does start playing with confidence - you can see it's building but i reckon if he keeps it up we'll have some player on our hands in the next few weeks.

He was played in his natural position and because of our set up he was allowed space to get the ball and run at defenders. Last season he always seemed to be getting the ball with a defender close up to him. Deserved his MOM.

I couldn't believe me eyes when he burst through the center of their midfielder taking on allcomers only to be cynically scythed down. Purpose, confidence and aggression.

Amazing performance yesterday, and the player I want to succeed more than anyone else after all the shit and stick he's gotten the last year.

Really believe we'll see Sterling's potential under Pep! He also does well along both flanks which we saw when he switched sides after Navas came on.

Can't wait to see him and Sane running against full backs and switching flanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.