Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked a different player yesterday, all due to one reason.... Confidence. Buzzing to see what he'll be like this season.

Looked a different player yesterday, all due to one reason.... Confidence. Buzzing to see what he'll be like this season.

Have to agree and he's already got me thinking I was wrong about him. Fair play to Pep and his team to restoring what little confidence he must have had after the Euros.

Even though he performed well yesterday, I must admit that he isn't as quick as I expected.

Really liked his pressing yesterday. He would've had a real good chance following it too, if he hadn't be scythed down in the second half. I think it might have been that rag, Love.

I think the spacing helps him, with the full backs not trying to overlap. It gives him much more room.
I used to watch Barcelona and Bayern and wonder how they managed to be very attacking and yet be able to win the ball back when the opposition countered. I watched them hammer the best teams on a regular basis.

Meanwhile, we would attack and then be caught out of position when the opposition won back the ball. This made our attacking full backs especially look stupid on a fairly regular basis.

Watching this style develop is really interesting and Raheem could really blossom, being able to attack with the surety of defensive cover.

Said it time and time again – Pellers mismanaged him badly. If you notice the beginning of last season he was playing like last night, and then Pellers got to him.

Played well, took on and beat the full back, Won the penalty and seemed hungry for work. He also chased back well. just needs to sort some of his crossing/finishing out but apart from that good 1st game of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.